test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Retiring Lohlunat Pearls

Comments

• rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    And on reflection it really doesn't make sense to continue to hand out T5 ships when T6 is the new hawtness...

Tell that to the newer Lockboxes.
    kimony wrote: »
    Sure I got my shiny on day one, but so what? I still had to grind for next year's ship so they still got my playtime and MORE because I OVER played knowing I could use the extras the next year.

Now,

There is no reason to over grind as the results will be useless. So once that ship is earned no reason to play unlike in the past.

All they've done with this change is shoot themselves square in the foot and TRIBBLE everyone off needlessly.. again.

Let's see what the metrics say the day after everyone earns the ship and returns to normal duty.

:rolleyes:
    Yeah it's kind of silly ... but I don't really care ... it only means that I will spend less time on Risa this year, because doing it on more than one toon & saving Pearls for next year, doesn't work anymore ...

If they want people to spend less time ("grinding") on Risa ... they certainly did it :P

Yup, I spent pretty much every minute of my playing time last year on Risa. Last year my routine was...

1. Running the daily every day to unlock the new ship on one alt and save up for this year.

2. Running it twice on EVERY alt so they could have access to the ships if the mood hit.

3. Dancing, hunting for Horga'hns, building sand castles and racing after all that to get enough Favors to get the Summer outfits and DOffs I wanted for every alt. And extra for any alts that I would make between the end of the event and the start of this years.

4. In the process of racing and Horga'hn hunting, getting enough eggs/tags to raise birds/monkeys not just for marks, but to have specific pets for each alt. Yes, I actually kept a specific bird & monkey on each alt.

Now, I see that all I'll probably do this year is run the daily on 1 alt 25 times (or however many it turns out to be) to unlock the new ship and then run it once for each additional alt so they can get it as well. Probably day one or two just to get it out of the way. Leave a lesser played alt on Risa to do the daily so I won't need to make the trip.

I'll probably go for the DOffs but not so sure about the outfits anymore. Getting more birds/monkeys would be nice but... just not sure I want to spend any more time on Risa with the way things seem to be going.

So in a way, thanks for TRIBBLE this up the way you decided to, it'll give me more time to do things other than Risa. And considering this is likely to be the "test-bed", I'm willing to bet 1 EC that the Winter and Anniversary events turn out pretty much the same way.

I would have LOVED getting the Corvette and Cruiser on my new alts, but it looks like that's probably not going to happen. If because I have them on old alts allows me to access them, fine, I'll get them.

But right now, the only thing that would make me happy, compared to the overwhelming sense of MEH I'm currently feeling, is if the old T5 versions were being removed due to them being upgraded to T6. Perhaps that's exactly what's going to happen and the news of the old T5's being retired was supposed to come after or at the same time as the announcement of the T6 versions. Poor timing has happened plenty of times before, so I will hold out a sliver of hope.

As for the starship emote pack, please tell me this is a joke. No, just no. The other awards for turning in Pearls look decent enough.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am not a happy camper! This is total ......! Take that to the Zen Vault. :(
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm betting we get a T6 version of the corvette this year, and a T6 Chel Grett at Christmas. New skins means they can recycle the ship rewards with minimal new development, just new skin, spec BOFF seating and a ship trait and there you go, they are set for winter/summer event rewards for the next two years.
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kimony wrote: »
    Where did I say I had to grind more last year? I Said, Even though I got my shiny on day one, if I wanted the next years ship (which I do) I would still have to play >>>BUT<<< I played MORE because I knew (as they have said in the past) anything earned would be useable.

Yeah, they're looking to get people to play THIS year, which I would have done to get next years ship. They're not losing out on any play time from me.

Until now,

because now rewards are useless once you have what you want.

So the plan backfired here.

:rolleyes:

As far as I ever saw and heard, it was never stated that you can use anything previously earnt.
    This was allowed previously, but on that event they stated you could use what had been earnt before and not that anything you then earnt on that event could be used for future events.
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nope.jpeg :(
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think I have a few pearls left over. I didn't care much for the ships. So I got what I wanted last go around.

Not a big deal to me.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    .....Must be 60

I didn't even catch that earlier. So alts that have pearls but that I've refused to join in the grind-to-60 garbage can't even fully use this thing. Y'all are deliberately trying to TRIBBLE people off aren't you?
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm betting we get a T6 version of the corvette this year, and a T6 Chel Grett at Christmas. New skins means they can recycle the ship rewards with minimal new development, just new skin, spec BOFF seating and a ship trait and there you go, they are set for winter/summer event rewards for the next two years.

They could just use a new currency for the new events, have a new currency -> old currency conversion project for finishing old projects, and then even if the new hotness is just a Corvette with T6 painted on the side people won't be getting it on day 1.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wow, yet another instance of 'wtf is wrong with you people'. How about we get a little lag added to the poor moves around here, skim a little of that sweet stf lag, spread it over the office some maybe?
  • takegurutakeguru Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    .....Must be 60

I didn't even catch that earlier. So alts that have pearls but that I've refused to join in the grind-to-60 garbage can't even fully use this thing. Y'all are deliberately trying to TRIBBLE people off aren't you?

This.

My main isn't even 60 yet, so I am completely bent over the bin.

Didn't even give me a nice dinner before they started going to town.
  • khaoskrowkhaoskrow Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I very rarely even come to the forums, but I feel I need to say my piece. I never minded doing the daily event for the shiny new ships. When I was done, I was done and I didn't grind more.

However, if I had known we'd be able to get exclusive ship emotes for our leftover pearls, I'd have saved up more. I don't care about the XP, spec points, or R&D stuff. That can be gotten through normal gameplay. But unless ship emotes are going to be unlockables later down the road, I have to say I'm more than a little irritated.

I'm denied something new because no one mentioned a year ago that we'd need the pearls for things BEFORE the next event went live. If the currency was going to be changed and we were going to be forced to change with it, it would have been better to let us know during the last event. Of course, I realize the Devs likely didn't have a plan for 2015's event back in 2014, but still.

I only have 23 pearls, so I can't get ship emotes. If I had known last year, I would have ground for pearls till the last day. But of course, if these ship emotes will become available via other means, all this upset is about nothing.

Then there's my friends who because of RL issues were only able to get about halfway to a Corvette ship. They said, "Oh, I'll finish it next year I guess." Now they're being told that those hundreds of pearls they have in the project are just going to vanish? That's kind of a **** move. Are the previous ships going to still be available? If the new ship is part of a 3 piece set, they kinda have to.

Because right now I'm feeling like we, the players, were just given another giant middle finger.
    PvPer, RPer, novice writer, RP/PvP/PvE tutor, purveyor of fine snark, and KDF mourner. R.I.P. Ker'rat.
  • binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if i knew what would happen to pearls i would grind more. far more. that is really cheap way to get xp. 5 minutes for 5 days and you have 1 specialization point. i just hope they keep this exchange ratio.
  • kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It'll get lost in this mess but

Suggestion:unbind all boxed Risian ships and make them tradeable. That way people who really want them should be able to get them. Many people never unpacked them so there should be lots floating around.
  • pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why spend all that time creating more credible sector space and then add ship emotes?

This whole thing is a bad idea, why deny the delta recruits you just got us to work our butts off for the chance to get the Risa ships?
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can I slot a new project for a Risian Corvette or Risian Luxury Cruiser?

No. These ships are being retired with the start of the 2015 Lohlunat Festival.
    Add alternate ways to getting them, don't retire them. Lobi store, or GPL store or something. Don't remove peoples chance of getting them entirely.

Really. Do not remove content please. :(

Worf Sash and Beard, Kobali Uniform, Kobali ship, Zefram Cochrane Shotgun... and more items. That people aren't able to get anymore.
    "Hi we just added the Delta Recruit event for people to make new characters, but you won't be able to get those awesome rewards you have on your other characters, but don't really use, that might fit this new one better. Enjoy!"
    And when was the last time we had Featured Episodes Rerun? :confused:

So please. No not "please"... Just stop removing content already! :cool:
    Bring back the awesome rewards or add alternative ways of getting the items again. But don't remove them.
    Do not feed the special snowflakes that want things to be unique. :rolleyes:
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I did like to collect ships on all my toons, but I would have to buy ship slots on most. Guess I don't have to worry about buying more ship slots to make room. Good Deal. Thank you.
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    khaoskrow wrote: »
    I very rarely even come to the forums, but I feel I need to say my piece. I never minded doing the daily event for the shiny new ships. When I was done, I was done and I didn't grind more.

However, if I had known we'd be able to get exclusive ship emotes for our leftover pearls, I'd have saved up more. I don't care about the XP, spec points, or R&D stuff. That can be gotten through normal gameplay. But unless ship emotes are going to be unlockables later down the road, I have to say I'm more than a little irritated.

I'm denied something new because no one mentioned a year ago that we'd need the pearls for things BEFORE the next event went live. If the currency was going to be changed and we were going to be forced to change with it, it would have been better to let us know during the last event. Of course, I realize the Devs likely didn't have a plan for 2015's event back in 2014, but still.

I only have 23 pearls, so I can't get ship emotes. If I had known last year, I would have ground for pearls till the last day. But of course, if these ship emotes will become available via other means, all this upset is about nothing.

Then there's my friends who because of RL issues were only able to get about halfway to a Corvette ship. They said, "Oh, I'll finish it next year I guess." Now they're being told that those hundreds of pearls they have in the project are just going to vanish? That's kind of a **** move. Are the previous ships going to still be available? If the new ship is part of a 3 piece set, they kinda have to.

Because right now I'm feeling like we, the players, were just given another giant middle finger.

from the news post:
    While these will remain exclusively available on the Summer Buyback Store for the time being, these Emote Packs will eventually also become available for Gold-Pressed Latinum.
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I expect that you'll be able to cash in the new currency for the same sort of thing - but I do not know that for sure atm.
    edited May 2015

if you would read as much as you write you would know that you will be able to buy emotes for gpl eventualy...
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I'm denied something...

You're fine... just watch TV and play Dabo.

Those of us that planned ahead, or wanted the prior ships/consoles on our Delta Recruits? Not so much.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited May 2015
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
    from the news post:

Wow, can't believe I actually missed that. Okay, I'm slightly mollified. Still pissed, but no longer sad that I won't be able to thumbs up people sarcastically. Feel bad for my friend though.
    PvPer, RPer, novice writer, RP/PvP/PvE tutor, purveyor of fine snark, and KDF mourner. R.I.P. Ker'rat.
    edited May 2015
    kozar2 wrote: »
    It'll get lost in this mess but

Suggestion:unbind all boxed Risian ships and make them tradeable. That way people who really want them should be able to get them. Many people never unpacked them so there should be lots floating around.
    no. they will put them in lobi store. that way people will still able to get them.:P
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    While these will remain exclusively available on the Summer Buyback Store for the time being, these Emote Packs will eventually also become available for Gold-Pressed Latinum.

Translation : You're basically an **** if you're going to waste Pearls on this nonsense ... since GPL is pretty much worthless anyway ... ;)
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If they're putting the emotes up for GPL, can they put the old Risan ships in there as well?
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    binebane wrote: »
    no. they will put them in lobi store. that way people will still able to get them.:P

The Corvette is my favorite ship but I'm not going to pay in the triple digits for it.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well, for me; i don't see the problem!

my new recruits won't have the old risian ships, and what? my other toons have the cruiser and i don't use it, because i don't have gears for this cruiser.

i'm curious to know the reason hidden behind this changes; maybe something interesting. wait & see

can't wait to see my female characters in swimwear :P
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Translation : You're basically an **** if you're going to waste Pearls on this nonsense ... since GPL is pretty much worthless anyway ... ;)

But, but, but...they'll be able to emote before others...and people have been flooding the forums with requests to be able to do ship emotes. I can usually remember some harebrained post or series of posts for many of the harebrained things that Cryptic does, but I must have totally missed the folks asking for this. Maybe there were posts and as some sort of defense mechanism...the ol' brain blinded me to them to spare me.
    edited May 2015
    I'm betting the new ship will be a T6 Pilot ship. And there's a CHANCE it'll have a console as part of a 3 piece with the older ships. If they do that, I'm betting they put them in the Lobi store. So you can still get the 3 piece, if you dump money into lockboxes. Just a theory though. If they're changing currency, they might do something completely different. Maybe even a harder daily grind.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I really ought to go through this thread and a few others, and see if there's any correlation between people ranting about how bad "exclusivity" is in these ships and how great "exclusivity" was for the old Tamarian badges. Oh, and keep track of the folks who say they're never going to play again, and see how many start living on Risa during the event.

Except I don't really care that much. Anybody else?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • freakshow046freakshow046 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So this is one of the decisions by the new CEO, the one that everyone had hopes would be better than the last one. Looks like a bright future is appearing over the horizon... in the form of a dark omen. Talk about a rude awakening. How do I get a refund for the Zen I bought with the idea that I still had faith in this game? Wonder what the player drop is up to now?

Sorry Cryptic/PWE, I used to be in your corner, but you pushed me into the other one. I'm very disenchanted with the state that things are becoming. Breaks my heart :(
    signature-03.png
This discussion has been closed.