test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Retiring Lohlunat Pearls

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
With the Summer Event right around the corner, Risians are changing their currency this year. With this comes a lot of changes, but before then we're introducing new unique prizes for Lohlunat Pearls.

You can learn more about the change here.

Update: Read the update to event ships from Executive Producer Stephen Ricossa here.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh...this won't end well. Not a bit. :rolleyes:
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    So thats the so called solution to the XP problems?

Really?
    Nope, not that.

EDIT: just to add clarification, this is unrelated to the solution down the road regarding XP.
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    EDIT: NM, the above post happened while I was typing. Rant removed.

Will our Q photos be going away too?
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    What if I have a partial Summer Reputation project in progress?

Those of you that already have a summer ship project in progress from a previous year’s event WILL NOT lose any progress, and can simply finish that project either with Risian Lohlunat Pearls or with the new currency when it arrives.

Contradicts this:
    What if I don't finish a Summer Reputation project?

All in-progress Summer Reputation projects will be removed at the end of the 2015 Lohlunat Festival.
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • skyecolyoskyecolyo Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh no you don't! I have new alts I need the Risian cruiser/corvette on. Don't you dare.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Not a fan...

That is all
  • sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not that I have a ton of the pearls lying around, but this doesn't strike me as a good idea. I sense a disturbance in the force...
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wow...just....wow.

Just when I start playing somewhat regularly again.

Wow.
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seems they're trying to fix the "save x item from last event, get reward on day one" workaround/trick (exploit?).

Will the periodic Crystalline Entity and Mirror Invasion events also change to use a new item each time?
  • midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If this is the solution to the XP problem, then it is a terrible solution. It does absolutely nothing to help those of us who don't have piles of pearls sitting around.

Like you I have loads... more than enough to get the ship the minute I login on day 1... but at least there's stuff I can get with them!

I'll still be playing the event each day anyway; the only difference now is that I have to wait like each and every other player to earn the ship.
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I normally dont get truly upset about a game feature but this time i am and am calling BS on your part cryptic.

This is just mean a new currencey each year? are you trying to make players quit?
    idk how much more of this i can stomach or how much longer i can withstand how you guys at cryptic treat us players with such contempt.

Barring a couple of noteable exception like trendy and taco my opinions of the rest of cryptic is lower then a snakes belly.

I can say without a doubt the only people from cryptic i respect as people and danred nice ones to boot is trendy and taco.

and i think the reason i feel this way is obvious i mean common how mean are you to make us "Work" this much harder.

Cryptic here is some news for you this is a GAME not a job ....arent games supposed to be fun a relief from actual work?

not STO we get off of work in RL just to log into our jobs grinding on STO.
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well thats Delta India Charlie Kilo move.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
    edited May 2015
    Contradicts this:

The in progress projects go at the end of the event, not when it starts.

skyecolyo wrote: »
    Oh no you don't! I have new alts I need the Risian cruiser/corvette on. Don't you dare.

If you already have the ship, your alts can still get them.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, the new system is very alt friendly.. So, no problem there, about erasing your progress, dont like it too much, becase im a casual, and cannot be logging every day.. I understand why, but anyway...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pwefail wrote: »
    well thats Delta India Charlie Kilo move.

I couldnt have said it better me im calling BS on cryptics part

if they dont want us to play why dont they just come out and say it
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    With the Summer Event right around the corner, Risians are changing their currency this year. With this comes a lot of changes, but before then we're introducing new unique prizes for Lohlunat Pearls.

You can learn more about the change here.

~LaughingTrendy

Ok. . .

The bad...

1, so not fair on the ones who don't get time each year thus stockpile for next year.

2, you best not get major sever issues thus not allowing players to complete it in their own time scale (meaning when players get the time to do it in balance to real life issues)

3, pearls are bound to character not account thus meaning if you don't have enough to partake in this offer your sol.

lastly, your not giving the event it's due as many played right up to last minute getting a stock for next year, changing things each year negates the need to play any longer than needed.

The good,

1, means everyone will start from scratch which is good means people will have to play the event instead of slot project and fill = new ship.

and

2, maybe more people in the map means better community gathering.

sorry there are more negatives than positives but I can't really see much merit tbh.

time will tell though.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So all you people who want to fly around a Risian ship on day one, better be prepared to hemorrhage a load of lobi. :rolleyes:
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    well thats 3 spec points for me and maybe some emotes
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Another change that can be attributed to the Almighty Metrics, all shall worship their cursed name.
    edited May 2015
    I normally dont get truly upset about a game feature but this time i am and am calling BS on your part cryptic.

This is just mean a new currencey each year? are you trying to make players quit?
    idk how much more of this i can stomach or how much longer i can withstand how you guys at cryptic treat us players with such contempt.

Barring a couple of noteable exception like trendy and taco my opinions of the rest of cryptic is lower then a snakes belly.

I can say without a doubt the only people from cryptic i respect as people and danred nice ones to boot is trendy and taco.

and i think the reason i feel this way is obvious i mean common how mean are you to make us "Work" this much harder.

Cryptic here is some news for you this is a GAME not a job ....arent games supposed to be fun a relief from actual work?

not STO we get off of work in RL just to log into our jobs grinding on STO.

You get a new currency each year but after that event it will be gone, so we won't be gaining lots of currencies.

Please don't start attacking the devs - we don't want to be giving warnings/bans out
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have enough pearls to get a new ship after one more go on the glider, AND I was hoping to get the corvette and cruiser for my Delta recruit. Not happy with this at all.
  • djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    Like you I have loads... more than enough to get the ship the minute I login on day 1... but at least there's stuff I can get with them!

I'll still be playing the event each day anyway; the only difference now is that I have to wait like each and every other player to earn the ship.

I was implying I had 0 pearls. Also edited out that post since Trendy has said this isn't the solution to the XP problem.

To be honest, I'm surprised they haven't done this every year. Grinding up the currency to get it on day one the following year kind of defeats the point of making people grind (or sacrifice piles of lobi) to get the ship (and I feel like I just gained evil points by typing that...)
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is there a word in the english language that means both "god dammit!!!" and "yay!" at the same time?

1. I won't be able to breeze through every single event from now until the end of STO with my magic power of foreplanning (which means, no front-loading the grind onto this next event like I did the last two.)

2. I won't have effectively "finished" all events from now until the STO with my magic power of foreplanning (which means, I'll actually be playing this video game.)

Plus I'll get to wave at people from inside my spaceship.

I can definitely understand (and feel myself) the hate but on the scale of FU's this feels more like blocking my longest road in Settlers, rather than weak, arbitary, evil, corporate bastardy (but to each his own self-serving interpretation.) Yah you stomp, shout, and maybe fling a bottle at someone. But then you get on with the game.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited May 2015
    I couldnt have said it better me im calling BS on cryptics part

if they dont want us to play why dont they just come out and say it

They want you to play, hence the move. They don't want a huge part of the player base getting the new shiny on day 1 and not coming back to play!
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    Seems they're trying to fix the "save x item from last event, get reward on day one" workaround/trick (exploit?).

Will the periodic Crystalline Entity and Mirror Invasion events also change to use a new item each time?

Lol, seems their metrics told them too many people grinded ahead to get the Winter ship which I would call thinking ahead, not an exploit. Well, at least I can get some emotes, albeit on the wrong toon.

So basically, cancel your Summer vacations y'all. We need to grind for 40 days straight again.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh Really...

Not impressed, not in the slightest.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• dmtdmt Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can I ask what is the situation regarding the lesser currency in the summer event: the lohlunat favor.

Is that also being retired, and if so what will be replacing it?
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So saving up 2400 lolWhat Pearls from the exchange and grinding nets me... quite a boost. Nice.

Of course I would be at Cryptic's door if they had just voided out my stash without compensation -- ;)

Keep it in perspective folks -- at least we are getting something. Spec points for pearls isn't that bad a deal really.
  • worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can't say I care for this change at all. There was nothing wrong with how it worked in the past, and now for some weird reason you've decided to lock out any new characters from the older event rewards?

So on one hand you want us to make new characters and on the other you want to discriminate against them :confused:

Just leave it the way it was, what difference does it make if we ground out pearls in the past or grind them out now? We still put the extra time in to do it.
This discussion has been closed.