test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

free Klingon ships?

fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
If I understand correctly, you get a new ship at each 10th lvl for Starfleet and Romulan(I'm a lvl50 Starfleet), but what about Klingon?

I just reached Lt. Commander and have opened the Lt. Comm skills with no problem, but all the ships available are for dilithium or Zen only, where are the free ships and/or tokens?
Post edited by fidelstix on

Comments

• assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got mine without a problem. Did you do your promotion mission? That should give you the token.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fidelstix wrote: »
    If I understand correctly, you get a new ship at each 10th lvl for Starfleet and Romulan(I'm a lvl50 Starfleet), but what about Klingon?

I just reached Lt. Commander and have opened the Lt. Comm skills with no problem, but all the ships available are for dilithium or Zen only, where are the free ships and/or tokens?

You need to play the mission "Test of mettle" to get the Lt.Comm ship. The first thing that happens in that mission is having the player receive a new ship. This has been integrated like this since the addition of the new content with LoR.
    For the level thresholds after (lvl 20. 30...) there is no such thing and it's just as usual.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    You need to play the mission "Test of mettle" to get the Lt.Comm ship. The first thing that happens in that mission is having the player receive a new ship. This has been integrated like this since the addition of the new content with LoR.
    For the level thresholds after (lvl 20. 30...) there is no such thing and it's just as usual.

I see. I am about to start mission "The House Always Wins" which is right before the "Mettle" mission. I guess I can hold off a couple more hours.

Thanks for the replies.
  • ryoborgryoborg Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    what about at level 50? my Klingon Captian is level 50 & for some reason i can't get my free ship? Is there a mission for it like level 10 or don't you get a free one for level 50?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ryoborg wrote: »
    what about at level 50? my Klingon Captian is level 50 & for some reason i can't get my free ship? Is there a mission for it like level 10 or don't you get a free one for level 50?

There are no free level 50 ships now, but it used to not be that way. Certain C-Store ships were available for free by getting to level 50, but that was changed to a veteran reward. There also was the anniversary ships and Obelisk Carrier for free, but they are available through other methods now like the Lobi Store. There are the Event ships, but that requires doing a race every day for a period of time.
  • ryoborgryoborg Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh ok, well that sucks coz I'm pretty sure you used to get a free ship.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    LTS get one, (that's people with Life Time Subscriptions), but that's only been the last few years (I think it started in 2012 or so). NON-LTS have to buy, unbox, or 'win' theirs (usually lockbox ships and event ships).

The Free ships for regular players and non-LTS subscribers pretty much end at level 40 ships-which are still some pretty decent ships if you know how to build/fly them, or Fleet hulls (purchased through your fleet with Fleet Credits and Dilithium).

Players that have subscribed for 600 days can get the free Tier 5.5 ships. So there are lots of F2Pers that qualify for these ships not just Lifers.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There are some cheap T5 lockbox ships on the exchange like the Kazon Heavy Raider:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Kazon_Heavy_Raider

This does NOT get a free upgrade to T5-U, you need to buy a ship upgrade token.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    IIRC, the ship token at Level 50 used to be a subscription feature, not sure if it was altered to a veteran reward?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    Players that have subscribed for 600 days can get the free Tier 5.5 ships. So there are lots of F2Pers that qualify for these ships not just Lifers.

Well unless they have 600 days of paid subscription they dont qualify, generally speaking F2P'ers like myself dont have/never had an active subscription, so despite my account being x days old i get nothing :P
  • cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No comment. :rolleyes:

Yes i am aware, but you must also be aware that not everyone speaks english and its always a good idea to clarify things to people instead of people assuming that subscribed time and played time aren't the same things, some people might think they can play for 600 days then sub and get bonuses of that level, yes there are people online that stupid ;)
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fidelstix wrote: »

Unless you are an LTS or similar, you get a free ship every 10 lvl's up to and including lvl 40. After that, you pay for them. You can use EC, Dilithium and/or Zen, but once you reach lvl 50, ships are on you.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    1st free klingon ship is locked behind a mission... keep playing storyline till you get it.

you can always claim the zen t2 ship at L10 thou regardless of storyline.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And that is why I only posted "No comment" instead of a sarcastic remark. And stupid people aren't just online, they just seem to be attracted to internet forums like moths to a flame. :D

Wait, are you trying to tell me that not only can I find stupid people on the internet, but that I can also find them in internet forums? Amazing...

Isn't that like saying you can find bad drivers on the road, but that there are also bad drivers in pickup trucks?

No comment.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
    edited May 2015
    No I don't think so. Your analogy focuses on the type of device being used (pickup trucks) where mine is focusing on the location (internet forums) where they seem to congregate.

If I was making a car analogy I'd have said you can find bad drivers everywhere but they seem to flock to Washington DC. (BTW I got that from an Allstate list of cities with the most reckless drivers)

Well, if that's what you meant, I agree, but what you said was... off.

Let's plug YOUR car analogy into your sentance:

"And bad drivers aren't just everywhere, they just seem to be attracted to Washington DC like moths to a flame."

The sentance implies that Forums/DC aren't subsets of the Internet/everywhere.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Herein lies the problem: When STO was first created, five long years ago...why wasn't it just one mission? You mean to tell me the Iconians were that mission? pft.

Anyways...the Klingons...KLINKs as some say...in certain prisoner of war tv shows...were supposed to be a PvP only faction. And so you had to roll a FED toon up to level twenty BEFORE you were even allowed to start a KDF character.

And so, five years later, there is a little hiccup in the klinks. but it's no biggie.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
    edited May 2015
    What can I say? I'm a victim of the US public education system. Me knots gots gooder learnin. I do the best I can, but sometimes I fail.

Well, at least you seem to keep their/there/they're straight... ;)

ETA: Least someone think my point is "badd gramma/speeling," the post that spurred all this seemed to be calling someone out on contradicting info but used contradicting statements to make the point. Turns out it was poorly worded.
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lifers don't get a ship at 50.
    If that was the case, I have quite a few ships coming my way.
    Heh...
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    voivodje wrote: »
    Lifers don't get a ship at 50.
    If that was the case, I have quite a few ships coming my way.
    Heh...
    Gold Members have a 600 day Vet Reward token that allows them to pick from a small selection of VA ships at level 50.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am a lifer, but I do not get these tokens.
    Guess, I need to have a chat with Cryptic.
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    There are no free level 50 ships now, but it used to not be that way. Certain C-Store ships were available for free by getting to level 50, but that was changed to a veteran reward. There also was the anniversary ships and Obelisk Carrier for free, but they are available through other methods now like the Lobi Store. There are the Event ships, but that requires doing a race every day for a period of time.

Actually the last ship token received at RA-LH (40) is for a Tier 5 ship (e.g., Sovereign Class and Promtheus Class base version), but their is no VA token for the general population. Only LTS and 600 day Gold members get the VA ship token.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why the heck are you folks debating a thread that's from 2013?