test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Asset Markers are Artifacts

councilspectrecouncilspectre Member Posts: 138 Arc User
After the patch, all asset markers (space, outdoor, indoor) are multicolored artifacts (not the Indiana Jones type).

Anything that was currently placed or newly placed does not appear as the asset on the map. It is a multicolored shape that does not resemble the object.
AKA @contactpsi. Foundry Author of: "No Prize for Second Contact", "Welcome to the Milky Way", and "The Tyranny of Hope".
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    So, is this something other people are experiencing or is it just a few?
    AKA @contactpsi. Foundry Author of: "No Prize for Second Contact", "Welcome to the Milky Way", and "The Tyranny of Hope".
  • Options
    lordarathronlordarathron Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So, is this something other people are experiencing or is it just a few?
    Nah, it's been an issue since it was on Tribble. The devs have been made aware of it there, at least.
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Can you give some Screenshots? Cause I don't know what you are talking about?

Plus it'll help the Dev Team.
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Screenshot for you.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Screenshot for you.

What the heck does Multicolored Artifacts and Indiana Jones have to do with the preview images in the Foundry editor....

You guys are weird... LOL

Yeah it is a Bug that Showed up on Tribble when the Ground Scale Ships got Added.

At the Time it was only appearing on the Ground Ships, and other assets were working fine. for me.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    primar13 wrote: »
    What the heck does Multicolored Artifacts and Indiana Jones have to do with the preview images in the Foundry editor....

You guys are weird... LOL

Yeah it is a Bug that Showed up on Tribble when the Ground Scale Ships got Added.

At the Time it was only appearing on the Ground Ships, and other assets were working fine. for me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_artifact

Hardware malfunction: In computer graphics, visual artifacts may be generated whenever a hardware component such as the processor, memory chip, cabling malfunctions, etc. causing data corruption. Malfunction may be caused by physical damage, overheating, insufficient voltage, and sometimes due to GPU overclocking, etc. Common types of hardware artifacts are texture corruption and T-vertices in 3D graphics, and pixelization in MPEG compressed video.

Software malfunction: Similarly to hardware malfunction, artifacts may be caused by software issues such as bugs in the algorithms, such as decoding/encoding introducing artifacts into audio or video, or a poor pseudo-random number generator would introduce artifacts distinguishable from the desired noise into statistical models.
  • Options
    helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Screenshot for you.

YEETCH... that's is exectly what I am experienging after the FOundry came online post S10....and virtually impossible to manage too, LOC command or not....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_artifact

Hardware malfunction: In computer graphics, visual artifacts may be generated whenever a hardware component such as the processor, memory chip, cabling malfunctions, etc. causing data corruption. Malfunction may be caused by physical damage, overheating, insufficient voltage, and sometimes due to GPU overclocking, etc. Common types of hardware artifacts are texture corruption and T-vertices in 3D graphics, and pixelization in MPEG compressed video.

Software malfunction: Similarly to hardware malfunction, artifacts may be caused by software issues such as bugs in the algorithms, such as decoding/encoding introducing artifacts into audio or video, or a poor pseudo-random number generator would introduce artifacts distinguishable from the desired noise into statistical models.

Drogyn Explained it to me on Twitter Very Eloquently... (Paraphrasing)

"He's Speaking in Correct Programmer terms, and you are an idiot... " :D
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Has anyone seen cryptic follow up on this? I don't monitor the PTR, unfortunately. The release notes don't seem to mention it either.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, on the 20 may episode of Foundry Roundtable we demonstrated it to Salami and Zeronius. Obviously they're aware of the issue. Zeronius said they're working on figuring out what caused it but haven't gotten it fixed yet.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    I've heard that someone is aware of this at Cryptic. Here's a link to what I see in every mission. I wish the hundreds of dollars I've spent in the C-Store could somehow translate to them fixing the foundry.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/22589_10153245556279823_5348023025394236322_n.jpg?oh=466c84ff99bff361ef1f9a0691b7fc9e&oe=562A4087
  • Options
    sidhemagesidhemage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Any idea when this is going to be fixed?
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    sidhemage wrote: »

I have verified a fix.

If the fix is not in the build that went live yesterday, it should be in next week's build.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    sidhemage wrote: »

I have verified a fix.

If the fix is not in the build that went live yesterday, it should be in next week's build.

CrypticFrost! You're alive! I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen any posts from you in a while. :D
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    mcostanzamcostanza Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    CrypticFrost, thanks for the update!

I tested today in one of my maps and it still seems to be doing the same thing. Do you know if the fix went live yet?

I played the map just in case that is part of the fix, but no change.
  • Options
    mcostanzamcostanza Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Still not working after the update today.
This discussion has been closed.