test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kurland here. The troop transports from the starbase are movong towards the planet.

13»

Comments

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Kurland lets DS-9 get over run by Tango's so often.... I feel like he can't wipe his own bottom without my help.

Even The Sisko got run off of DS9 when faced with a Jem'Hadar fleet that size...I think Kurland is *more* than excused for that one. No captain could have stood against that. Actually IMO Kurland made a very smart move to remember that Loriss would still believe the non-aggression pact between Bajor and the Dominion was still in force, and not believe Bajor was now a Fed member. He was also smart enough to realize that strategy was very temporary and unsustainable in the long term given that if Loriss perceived Bajor to be staging attack forces, that they would eventually receive horrific reprisals, and thus immediately began work on another strategy. And IMO he demonstrates responsibility by taking a prominent role in the strategizing and retaking of DS9, no matter how much you hate his voice. (As to why he wasn't doing the hullwalking himself--he needs to be back with the fleet to advise them of local conditions and of any DS9 defenses that could be turned against them should the infiltration not work.)

Personally, I can also excuse the Undine takeover due to shapeshifting and likely telepathic attacks preventing a proper response. The only borderline questionable incident in my book was the MU takeover...that was possibly preventable. Somehow I suspect at least one of these two incidents will get deleted whenever a Cardassian arc revamp happens, though...

But the all-time most embarrassing takeover award isn't Kurland's at all. That dubious honor goes to Picard and Riker, who got the Enterprise-D taken over by the FERENGI after blowing off the threat they presented and failing to respond with an appropriate security posture. Compared to that, Kurland fighting MU forces with equal or superior tactical training and technology, and intimate knowledge of the environment they're fighting in, is not in the same league, however questionable an incident it is.

Sorry, what can I say...I have a soft spot for Kurland for whatever reason.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol, ikr.......half the reason I stopped running gateway for iconian marks :P

Yeah, I stopped doing Gateway because of this dude, its so annoying.

Also, its takes AGES to do it since its all on timers. The other space mission is much faster, or at least FEELS a lot faster.
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We are the troop transports. Resistance is moving toward the planet.

If ISA had such a feature for every mission objective, I wonder if PUG failure rates would improve.

No, probably not.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿