What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the dominion is coming

12346»

Comments

• zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    khan1000 wrote: »
    sela at tier 3 rep said she passed through the prophet's gate [the wormhole] the ONLY power in gamma is the dominion i hope they help us

Sela? Tier 3 rep?

I'm almost Tier 4 and I haven't seen Sela since the first mission in the series.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have you checked the messages on the PADD you got when you get T1?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Of course the Dominion will be tangled up in things soon.

They is already that confirmation of the Cardassian arc revamp that had a lot of Dominion and even Undine stuff tangled in there.
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reafis wrote: »
    Dont get too excited ...

1)If it is the dominion you will play a vorta max (unless theres a c store changeling)

2)Alot of new races as we don't know many of the non combat dominion races) so here may be new ships not jemhadar style.

3)it will probably have an uber pack for lots of money for anything cool.

I would like it to happen but I want someone to be the bad guys again. We don't have any atm not even the Klingon. No more wishy washy factions, the dominon is basically the anti federation it has unfinished business (Breen deserves a whooping) it will fight but only to preserve itself.

or maybe the jem'hadar and vorta are playable but the founder is a lts benefit? now "that" would get alot of attention! :P
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    alright then, you tell me, where did the dominion come from, and how did they amass such a large force, you tell me how they have the resources to build such a ruthless effecient and disciplined force.

One they did so by genetic creation of both the Vorta and Jem'Hadarr as per the shows.

Two they didn't control the area immediately around the wormhole as per the shows.

Three they can have a huge force without controlling ALL of the Gamma Quad. The Alpha/Beta Quad forces don't control anywhere close to all the Alpha and Beta Quadrants and amassed a force that pushed the Dominion back.
    oh and please forget the search part 1 and 2 when a detailed map used by the karemma is transmitted visually to the defiant bridge as to some area of dominion space mostly to find the omarian nebula. im sure that has nothing to do with it

What does that have to do with them controlling ALL of the gamma quadrant???

I never said they weren't FROM the Gamma Quadrant. I only said they don't control ALL of the quadrant. What was detailed in that wasn't even close to the whole of the Gamma quad.

Do you not understand the size of nebula in relation to the size of the Galaxy?
    using mem alpha which is mostly hard canon referenced material.

my scale is not the problem, its the fact your not bothering to research this stuff first to bust my hand at the poker table first.

Memory alpha uses the same map I cite as hard canon. Your scale is wrong and my research is just fine.
    edited May 2015
    huskerklg wrote: »
    One they did so by genetic creation of both the Vorta and Jem'Hadarr as per the shows.

Two they didn't control the area immediately around the wormhole as per the shows.

Three they can have a huge force without controlling ALL of the Gamma Quad. The Alpha/Beta Quad forces don't control anywhere close to all the Alpha and Beta Quadrants and amassed a force that pushed the Dominion back.

you did not answer the question your splitting the hairs. i asked where they got the force from and how, i mean they cant come up with a force from nothing. and im certain your trying to avoid where i am going with this. large military forces are not built from thin air unless youre telling me otherwise.

i already mentioned that they were at least 2 weeks from the wormhole, but thats still a mighty big area the dominion could control. that implies the dominion do indeed have something out there and you agree with it.

they dont need to control the entire quadrant if they got what they want, motivations need to be understood and all we ever saw were the motivations in the beta quadrant during that war. i cant respond back to such speculation if youre not willing to add more to it.
  • derrico1derrico1 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if u pay attention to the feature episode where we meet tom paris for the first time the npc's there belong to romulan klingon and the federation all except the one easter egg CARDASSIAN one npc is a cardassian
    edited May 2015
    you did not answer the question your splitting the hairs. i asked where they got the force from and how, i mean they cant come up with a force from nothing. and im certain your trying to avoid where i am going with this. large military forces are not built from thin air unless youre telling me otherwise

I NEVER said that the Dominion wasn't a large empire. NEVER.

I said they don't control ALL of the Gamma quadrant.

I didn't say it came from nowhere. #facepalm
    already mentioned that they were at least 2 weeks from the wormhole, but thats still a mighty big area the dominion could control. that implies the dominion do indeed have something out there and you agree with it.

Again I did not say they didn't control a big area. OMG you are seriously mental.

Look on the maps, the CANON maps at the Federation size, and Kligon empire size, and the Romulan Empire size compared to the size of the Alpha Quadrant.

By your crazy logic, where did those 3 get the forces to beat the Dominion if they don't control all of it? Their ships don't come from no where to quote you.

I'm saying the Dominion is big. It is likely Huge. But it doesn't control ALL of the Gamma Quadrant.
    i cant respond back to such speculation if youre not willing to add more to it.

YOU are the only one speculating. I'm only going off canon facts.

And again you are clearly showing you have really no idea on the scale of the Galaxy and where each group fits in it.

Even if the Dominion controlled an area equal to the combined forces of the Federation, Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Empire COMBINED, it would not control a Quarter of the Gamma quadrant.

Do you not understand how big those combined faction areas are, and even at that big, they don't fill the Alpha Quadrant?

Canon even says there are other factions in the Gamma quadrant, so we know they don't control it all. And Some of those factions are millions of years old by canon facts.
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Look on the maps, the CANON maps at the Federation size, and Kligon empire size, and the Romulan Empire size compared to the size of the Alpha Quadrant.

By your crazy logic, where did those 3 get the forces to beat the Dominion if they don't control all of it? Their ships don't come from no where to quote you.

Ummm... didn't canon have it that, if Sisko had not kept the wormhole unusable, the Dominion could simply have overwhelmed the Alpha powers?

As it was, the Dominion War was the allies vs the Breen, Cardassians and whatever the Dominion already had in-situ. The alpha powers never actually faced the full strength of the Dominion.
    edited May 2015
    I NEVER said that the Dominion wasn't a large empire. NEVER.

I said they don't control ALL of the Gamma quadrant.

I didn't say it came from nowhere. #facepalm

Again I did not say they didn't control a big area. OMG you are seriously mental.

I'm saying the Dominion is big. It is likely Huge. But it doesn't control ALL of the Gamma Quadrant.

YOU are the only one speculating. I'm only going off canon facts.

And again you are clearly showing you have really no idea on the scale of the Galaxy and where each group fits in it.

Even if the Dominion controlled an area equal to the combined forces of the Federation, Klingon Empire, and the Romulan Empire COMBINED, it would not control a Quarter of the Gamma quadrant.

Do you not understand how big those combined faction areas are, and even at that big, they don't fill the Alpha Quadrant?

Canon even says there are other factions in the Gamma quadrant, so we know they don't control it all. And Some of those factions are millions of years old by canon facts.

all ive seen in this is that neither of us are willing to budge. so there fairly little point in attempting to work it out further. end of story.
    edited May 2015
    staq16 wrote: »
    Ummm... didn't canon have it that, if Sisko had not kept the wormhole unusable, the Dominion could simply have overwhelmed the Alpha powers?

No, it was just a strategic move to stop reinforcements.
    edited May 2015
    all ive seen in this is that neither of us are willing to budge. so there fairly little point in attempting to work it out further. end of story.

Laughable. Basically you have no counter argument to the points I made (because there aren't any), and are throwing in the towel.