test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of the War #4

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Our latest Tales of the War showcases current conflicts on Qo'noS and our new Featured Episode.

As the war rages on Klingon Intelligence must devise a plan at all costs.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Website will not load
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    strorus wrote: »
    Website will not load

Problem Loading Page.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Of all the bluster and bold daring that Klingons are... I always find i prefer the ones that lack a taste for glory through blind forward marching....

Engineers, scientists, philosophers, theorists..... Klingons treat these as misfits when, in truth, without them, no Empire would exist at all.

Wonderful piece today ^-^
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "A different approach," the younger Klingon said. "If you can't defeat your enemy in a face-to-face battle, try coming at him from behind."

"There are many who would say that would be dishonorable," K'men said.

So about those flanking bonuses on BoPs as they decloak behind their target, ambushing them...

...what are you trying to say there?
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice little setup for the next story.
  • sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So about those flanking bonuses on BoPs as they decloak behind their target, ambushing them...

Umm..that Klingons themselves don't pilot BoPs unless they absolutely find it necessary? My Ferasan Sci is the only one out of my 3 KDF toons that will ever fly a BoP full-time - my Lethean Engineer has plans for battlecruisers or destroyers, and my Orion Tac flies nothing but Raptors (only the Mat'Ha for the moment).
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • jer5488jer5488 Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Um... Isn't blowing up a facility that runs off omega a really... bad? horrible? cataclysmic? apocalyptic? idea?

Though, the fireworks will be spectacular.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I really liked this line
    "The Empire must live," she said. "Someone must be willing to risk eternity to save it."

=)
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since when is hitting some power generators that fuels Iconian gateways considered dishonorable? Turning their own power against them is the same thing as a knife in the back or poisoning them?

I understand the 'honor' narrative, but what T'Kora is describing is assymetric warfare.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tactically a sound strategy - the Solanae can only exist in subspace, the Elachi live in subspace, by - ironically enough, doing almost exactly what the Voth had intended in a way and that Nelen Exil destroyed their research on - using Omega's side-effect of destroying subspace to attack them in their own domain, we can unleash a palpable - perhaps even devastating - blow on two of the Iconians' most dangerous Servitor races...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So we are going to attack a base that is powering the gateways with Omega particles.
    Bridger.png
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There's this whole tinfoil hat thing going on...that the Klingons are basically going to end up going Hobus with Qo'noS and will become a fraction somewhere around S12/X3.
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    using Omega's side-effect of destroying subspace to attack them in their own domain, we can unleash a palpable - perhaps even devastating - blow on two of the Iconians' most dangerous Servitor races...

Really I though the heralds are the only major threat Servitor races, the other two aren't that hard to kill.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jer5488 wrote: »
    Um... Isn't blowing up a facility that runs off omega a really... bad? horrible? cataclysmic? apocalyptic? idea?

Though, the fireworks will be spectacular.

Only if you like being able to travel at warp in that sector.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Something is about to go BOOM!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As Worf put it once, victory is the ultimate honor and in the end, the only one that matters. You win or you die, the rest is details.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Something is about to go BOOM!

Personally, I hope that means First City is about to go boom. That way Taco n' Pals can rebuild it to be better than it ever was. :P
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Don't be dishonorable, buy a pilotship :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• namreefnamreef Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm really enjoying these story elements.

That poster though...? "Kling On To Our Future"...*facepalm* haha:rolleyes:
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't get the massive amount of omegas that is required to open the gateways. Why not open the gateway once, with one omega, and carpet bomb quonos with the rest of the omegas.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    namreef wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying these story elements.

That poster though...? "Kling On To Our Future"...*facepalm* haha:rolleyes:
    While I did not make the poster myself, allow yourself to succumb to the mild and childish amusement of a pun such as that.

Besides, what else are we gorna do for puns?
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice little blog :)

Klingons aren't generally known for unconventional battle strategies, but when they start thinking out of the box... look out!

I've always liked K'men in a way that I've never liked Franklin Drake, dunno why. Maybe the lack of smug, self-righteous pretention in how he says things.

And T'Kora...! Why is it that sneaky Romulans are often portrayed as unlikeable, but sneaky Klingons are a joy to 'watch' in action? And those pointed ears... makes me wonder if we're being introduced to a daughter of one of the children in "Birthright, Part II"?

In which case, I'm delighted. :D
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    While I did not make the poster myself, allow yourself to succumb to the mild and childish amusement of a pun such as that.

Its the new Klingon Form of Pun-ishment...

:D
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    primar13 wrote: »
    Its the new Klingon Form of Pun-ishment...

:D

I guess punishing people with baths got old in the Empire.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited May 2015

...how about: pushdapunpunch, line it up and get rich or die tryin?

... yeah, better gorna stay flat and have some fried klingonions now :rolleyes:...
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Klingon scientists get no respect, so, backstabbing machines created by scientists and engineers is fair play as long as the badass warriors inside DO look at explosions wiping them out.

I guess.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,983 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    As Worf put it once, victory is the ultimate honor and in the end, the only one that matters. You win or you die, the rest is details.

The details also determine the difference between a glorious afterlife in Sto'Vo'Kor or endless torment in Gre'thor.

I'd say all STO klingons go to Gre'thor because of their overuse of sci magic, disabling their opponents because they don't have the Strength or the Honor to face them on even terms.
  • mercury80mercury80 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Our latest Tales of the War showcases current conflicts on Qo'noS and our new Featured Episode.

As the war rages on Klingon Intelligence must devise a plan at all costs.

~LaughingTrendy
    Although this seems like a good idea,hitting them where it hurts, why aren't we using time travel? It's the only thing the Iconians can't do,so why don't we exploit that weakness by going back to when they are fleeing iconia and blasting them to kingdom come? I'd rather risk the chance of a paradox than all the alliance dying.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Nice little blog :)

Klingons aren't generally known for unconventional battle strategies, but when they start thinking out of the box... look out!

I've always liked K'men in a way that I've never liked Franklin Drake, dunno why. Maybe the lack of smug, self-righteous pretention in how he says things.

And T'Kora...! Why is it that sneaky Romulans are often portrayed as unlikeable, but sneaky Klingons are a joy to 'watch' in action? And those pointed ears... makes me wonder if we're being introduced to a daughter of one of the children in "Birthright, Part II"?

In which case, I'm delighted. :D

I think what we are being introduced too is the "secret house" is the descendants of that romulan penal colony both romulan, klingon, and the mixed romulan/klingons :D

Although most likely if they are going this route all the pilot bops people are thinking of like brel, heghta, kvort etc. They may be taking one of my ideas and making some kind of klingon/romulan/possibly fed pack where they have bops/shrikes being added into the war roughly ships thats are majority klingon/romulan with maybe some kind of fed tech along with it.