test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

gambling device question

possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
Does that gambling device work with the Dabo table on my D'Kora ship to help me win? Not sure of its use.
Post edited by possumlips on

Comments

• hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It just increases your crit chance, crit damage, and dodge chance on ground, or it decreases it if you lose...Which doesn't really matter since you can just try again 30 seconds later. :P
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I thought about getting one myself, but it doesn't look like it'll help me with Dabo.
  • zeratkzeratk Member Posts: 409
    edited October 2014
    And thus the Gambling Device was not properly implemented into this game. It definetly should work with Dabo and other InGame Minigames. :D
    This is Crypticverse... :mad:
  • csavahcsavah Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zeratk wrote: »
    And thus the Gambling Device was not properly implemented into this game. It definetly should work with Dabo and other InGame Minigames. :D

I would agree since there is so little information about the device and how best to use it. Hate to find out later I could have used it effectively after wasting it trying to figure out what it does well.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Forum super-ultra-elite-mega-moderators, we need you to help us fight the zombie hoard! :P
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    we need you to help us fight the zombie hoard! :P
    Why, do they play Dabo as well???? O_O
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Fun fact: The device is a reskinned tribble with the same underlying mechanix.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You know the Info for the item seems to be pretty clear as to what it modifies, nary a word about Dabo in there that I could see.???
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Forum super-ultra-elite-mega-moderators, we need you to help us fight the zombie hoard! :P

Why do random forum people care so freaking much about this? Shouldn't yall have other things to do?

I'm on a break at work and genuinely curious as to why people who aren't mods give such a huge frak about the age of threads and forum rules.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gl2814e wrote: »
    Why do random forum people care so freaking much about this? Shouldn't yall have other things to do?

I'm on a break at work and genuinely curious as to why people who aren't mods give such a huge frak about the age of threads and forum rules.

it's an internet thing
    Go pro or go home
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    baudl wrote: »
    it's an internet thing

That explains it. Thank you.
  • buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The gambling device is annoying to me. I prefer to not use it. Tribbles never fail.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ltminns wrote: »
    You know the Info for the item seems to be pretty clear as to what it modifies, nary a word about Dabo in there that I could see.???

I sure hope you dont trust item description blindly in STO. They are quite often inaccurate.

timelord79 wrote: »

Its the Tribble-god. Every other tribble pales in comparison. Even if you were able to use all three IDIC-Tribbles (or rather: IDIC-Tribbles on three Professions teamed with you), they would still be far inferior to it.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gl2814e wrote: »

Because people are in-observant and do not bother to look at the dates on posts they reply to. Thus they can be having an "argument" with someone who left the game years ago about an issue that was resolved long ago.

The "random forum people" are simply letting everyone else know that this is an old thread so others will not get too deeply into it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • comdrivercomdriver Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    timelord79 wrote: »

so I can feed device with some ferengi snails and get little gambling puppies?
    sounds fun
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    I thought about getting one myself, but it doesn't look like it'll help me with Dabo.

Because GPL is valued currency in this game. Oh wait... :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg