test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Happy Mother's Day.

cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Ten Forward
To all the members of the community; who have future trekkies to care for. I wish you all a happy Mother's day!
(Yes, I spent today spoiling my mom, and my ex-wife, who both where in serious need of yardwork, and grilled steak, and gift cards.)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Really, no well wishes,in the community ,for anybody who might be a Mom?:confused:

Thanks people. you really are just.....:(
  • stoltsstolts Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Because Mother's Day is the same as Valentine's Day, Father's Day, Groundhog's Day... pointless and meaningless. Its just business. So one day for you to be nice to her and take her out? That's covered, her birthday. Besides you should be nice and respectful (if she deserves it) to her whenever you can be and get together and eat out at least once a month.
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
    edited May 2015
    stolts wrote: »
    Because Mother's Day is the same as Valentine's Day, Father's Day, Groundhog's Day... pointless and meaningless. Its just business. So one day for you to be nice to her and take her out? That's covered, her birthday. Besides you should be nice and respectful (if she deserves it) to her whenever you can be and get together and eat out at least once a month.

I agree, bet your parents won't miss you when you get a real job, and GTFO their basement. Sorry, but like my great grandmother said. ," If you have nothing nice to say, STFU".... She was senile. and had torrets but, I always thought It was a good policy to live by.:D
  • kasina88kasina88 Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    To all the members of the community; who have future trekkies to care for. I wish you all a happy Mother's day!
    (Yes, I spent today spoiling my mom, and my ex-wife, who both where in serious need of yardwork, and grilled steak, and gift cards.)

Thank You!

And Happy Mother's Day!
    edited May 2015
    You as well. Peace, and respect, to the women who gave us life!:D

Not so painful, is it?
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You as well. Peace, and respect, to the women who gave us life!:D

Not so painful, is it?

Do you have to be so rude to people, maybe you should take into account that people don't HAVE to respond to you. And so what if we don't celebrate Mother's day in public like you seem to WANT people to do, we still celebrate it, as I did a few months ago here in the UK
    edited May 2015
    Do you have to be so rude to people, maybe you should take into account that people don't HAVE to respond to you. And so what if we don't celebrate Mother's day in public like you seem to WANT people to do, we still celebrate it, as I did a few months ago here in the UK

Who are you again?
    If you respond in my thread rudely, expect the same response in kind, And yes, I get that opinions are like A holes...everyone has one.
    P.S. I'm a yank, but I will always be a Brit,
    P.S.S. Your Avatar rocks.
    edited May 2015

That was educational. Thank you. I just found myself shocked that today nobody posted a Mothers day thread. I think catstaro did last year.I was just surprised That I felt it needed to be done.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    less stated on my "mother" the better. there is nothing to celebrate for me, another round of bitter life experience...
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That was educational. Thank you. I just found myself shocked that today nobody posted a Mothers day thread. I think catstaro did last year.I was just surprised That I felt it needed to be done.

Probably all sorts of reasons for it...oodles of negative reasons come to mind, but there's enough of that - so I'll just go with the hope that it was cause folks were off spending time with the mothers/grandmothers in their lives.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I rang my mum on Mothers Day. Back in march. When it was. :P

Spoil you parents every day. Talk to them when you can. Not just on one day, but every week.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Your mother has a smooth forehead !
    Happy Mothers day !
    Hehe :)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    P.S.S. Your Avatar rocks.

What avatar, I haven't got one? :D
    edited May 2015
    I agree, bet your parents won't miss you when you get a real job, and GTFO their basement. Sorry, but like my great grandmother said. ," If you have nothing nice to say, STFU".... She was senile. and had torrets but, I always thought It was a good policy to live by.:D

Are you are projecting a stereotype? Because it would seem to also apply to yourself. Why so easily offended? It was not my intention. Why one day of the year to cherish your mother? How about cherish her as much as possible instead? Making the whole holiday pointless. As for that outmoded saying of your elder, "nice" is relative. Especially in today's society where everyone is oversensitive and gets offended so easily. Its one thing to say a holiday sucks. Its another to point out a holiday's use, or lack there of.

If it is sarcasm, I would just like to say sorry for not getting it, sarcasm doesn't translate well through words on a screen. However, I'm sure another saying is appropriate, "Sarcasm is the recourse of a weak mind."
    1686is5.jpg
    The first Belfast was commanded by Captain Ve'Kal Shon until its destruction in 2409. A new ship was commissioned bearing the same name and registry as special dispensation to then newly promoted Captain Edward XIII for his pivotal role during the renewed Dominion War.
    edited May 2015
    stolts wrote: »
    Are you are projecting a stereotype? Because it would seem to also apply to yourself. Why so easily offended? It was not my intention. Why one day of the year to cherish your mother? How about cherish her as much as possible instead? Making the whole holiday pointless. As for that outmoded saying of your elder, "nice" is relative. Especially in today's society where everyone is oversensitive and gets offended so easily. Its one thing to say a holiday sucks. Its another to point out a holiday's use, or lack there of.

If it is sarcasm, I would just like to say sorry for not getting it, sarcasm doesn't translate well through words on a screen. However, I'm sure another saying is appropriate, "Sarcasm is the recourse of a weak mind."

I was over tired last night, and completely out of line. So I apologize. I should have logged off sooner.
    edited May 2015
    I was over tired last night, and completely out of line. So I apologize. I should have logged off sooner.

Oh not at all. I apologize as well.
    1686is5.jpg