test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the dominion is coming

khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
sela at tier 3 rep said she passed through the prophet's gate [the wormhole] the only known power in gamma is the dominion i hope they help us ps... i edited it
giphy.gif
Fear the Dominion
Post edited by khan1000 on

Comments

• chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How do you know the prophet gate is the one that goes to the dominion?

They aren't the only prophets.

Think about this: other than the bajorans, who else calls them the prophets?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chalpen wrote: »

Sisko.

/10char
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    How do you know the prophet gate is the one that goes to the dominion?

They aren't the only prophets.

Prior to the events in DS9's pilot episode, the Celestial Temple's existence was based upon rumor and faith. Since only a handful of people saw the wormhole, the civilizations around it didn't know about its location. If the Cardasions had found the wormhole first, during the occupation, they would have most likely created a foothold.

According to the last few episodes of DS9, the Prophets were in control of Sisko's entire life. Until Sisko finally arrived on DS9, the Prophets kept themselves practically hidden. Bajor, Sisko, and the Prophets are bound. Regardless about how other civilizations feel, the Bajorans were the chosen people of the Prophets.

The Prophets were the exclusive engineers of Bajor and the Bajorans. After seeing how the Prophets could take human form, (Sicko's mother), I have a funny feeling that they are ancient Bajorans. I think the Bajorans were based upon the philosophy and history of Buddhism and Jewish societies.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Dominion huh? Well whilst I'd say it's about time, I wouldn't have through the Dominion would need anyone to prove to them the threat the Iconian present. Surely the Dominion would have been able to work that out for themselves by now? Why'd they need Sela?

Speaking of Sela, this would be her first (known) interaction with the Dominion wouldn't it? As far as any of us know, she had nothing to do with them during the Dominion War (though there's a good chance she met some Vorta before the Romulans joined the party). Still, if someone needs to convince the Dominion to join the war, you'd think someone who's had previous dealings with them would take the role; Nerys maybe? Bashir? Any Federation or Klingon diplomat (or a joint expedition), but no, we apparently have Sela on the case... :rolleyes:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Playable Jem'Hadar confirmed. :D
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
    edited May 2015
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Playable Jem'Hadar confirmed.
    I call BS on that! :)
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have seen many prophets in my life. None are "the prophets".
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have to agree with flash... battle star! :D
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    khan1000 wrote: »
    sela at tier 3 rep said she passed through the prophet's gate [the wormhole] the ONLY power in gamma is the dominion i hope they help us

thats probably taken out of context like the last thread about this same thing a few weeks ago, prophet could mean anything. it doesnt mean its those "wormhole aliens" as there is no context to put to it.

i mean shepard on mass effect was the prophet of the reapers downfall as harbinger was the prophet for the reapers rise as galactic super destroyers. as javik was the prophet of a dead race, being the face of vengence for the prothean empire.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    We have circumstantial evidence that says she's in the Gamma Quadrant.

1: "Prophet's Gate". Could mean wormhole.
    2: Mentions being in a region of space where no one knows her. Could mean Gamma Quadrant.

Without further evidence... its all speculation.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • benben500benben500 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sela at tier 3 rep said she passed through the prophet's gate [the wormhole] the ONLY power in gamma is the dominion i hope they help us

Was the Dominion the only power in the Gamma Quadrant? I don't recall anything said about that. As far as I remember, they were just a power in the Gamma Quadrant that was rather powerful. The entrance to the wormhole was a distance away from Dominion space, and it took a while to make contact with the Dominion.
    "Bloody explorers, ponce off to Mumbo Jumbo land, come home with a tropical disease, a suntan and a bag of brown lumpy things, and Bob's your uncle, everyone's got a picture of them in the lavatory."
    -Edmund Blackadder-
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    She says she's in a place where no human has been before. The far reaches of the Dominion? Would have to be much further than the founder's home planet as we have been there in Broken Link. I guess maybe. I'm not really sure why she would call it the prophet's gate. She has not much connection to Bajor or Sisko.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited May 2015

So?

Because they may or may not be the only power in the Gamma Quadrant means they're coming?

I don't see the logic in that...

We know the Iconians aren't going to mess with them till the Alpha/Beta powers are pacified...so I don't see why they would join in...or at least wait till the player powers are weakened...which would leave them at a advantage...in the future.
    edited May 2015
    The Dominion had existed for 2000 years at least by the time First Contact was established with them.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Dominion

They may not be the only superpower, but they are the only KNOWN superpower. The Dominion practically owns the Gamma Quadrant.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    She says she's in a place where no human has been before. The far reaches of the Dominion? Would have to be much further than the founder's home planet as we have been there in Broken Link. I guess maybe. I'm not really sure why she would call it the prophet's gate. She has not much connection to Bajor or Sisko.

human? what she forgot her origins as a romulan all of a sudden?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, considering even the Iconians were dubious about messing with them if Sphere of Influence was any indication, I wouldn't be terribly surprised.

I just hope they serve some popcorn when the Dominion and Elachi go at it. Those would be some entertaining fights - land and space.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's pretty obvious that's where the story will be going. Just as it's obvious we're going to see the Krenim shortly. Too many story cues in that direction...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    human? what she forgot her origins as a romulan all of a sudden?

Yes, she's waxing nostalgic for her humanity in this message.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yup.. what walshicus said! Time to call Jeffrey Combs to do some Weyoun voiceovers :D !!!

And no.. the last Weyoun clone wasn't killed in the last episode of DS9.. just read the novels following the series :rolleyes: !!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »

They may not be the only superpower, but they are the only KNOWN superpower. The Dominion practically owns the Gamma Quadrant.

So says the dominion and their immediate neighbors. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited May 2015
    Why dont you watch the pod cast before you say that :P.. there are going to be playable Dom..
    He said it in the middle of pod cast. The dev Team

Lets see...they felt remorse over making the Galor a lock box ship for possible Cardassian faction...yet they had no problem at all pumping out Dominion ships...

Now if they make Jem'hadar a playable race that is a different sotry...
    edited May 2015
    Why dont you watch the pod cast before you say that :P.. there are going to be playable Dom. He said it in the middle of pod cast. The dev Team
    This wouldn't be the first thing they've said that turned out otherwise. I'll believe it if/when I see it, not before. :)
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Lets see...they felt remorse over making the Galor a lock box ship for possible Cardassian faction...yet they had no problem at all pumping out Dominion ships...

Now if they make Jem'hadar a playable race that is a different sotry...
    A playable Jem Hadar (or Vorta) is more likely than playable Dominion (which kind of implies a faction). If they provide the Jem Hadar/Vorta as playable species, then opens up another grind for people who would create new characters, and further boosts those opening Dominion Lock Boxes. Another win-win for Cryptic I guess, maybe they'd be Gamma Recruits?
    edited May 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    This wouldn't be the first thing they've said that turned out otherwise. I'll believe it if/when I see it, not before. :)

A playable Jem Hadar (or Vorta) is more likely than playable Dominion (which kind of implies a faction). If they provide the Jem Hadar/Vorta as playable species, then opens up another grind for people who would create new characters, and further boosts those opening Dominion Lock Boxes. Another win-win for Cryptic I guess, maybe they'd be Gamma Recruits?

Just the person who I replied to said playable Dominion...which when I replied to it I was sorta thinking they were talking about the faction as opposed to a playable race or two...I wouldn't mind a playable Vorta if they come with a nifty space racial (Assuming Romulans actually get them...which they may not :( )
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think it's Ferengi. Lots of typo errors in game. Sela may have said "Profits.":P
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    flash525 wrote: »

seems kinda pointless to just have them as a species option though...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited May 2015
    seems kinda pointless to just have them as a species option though...

Well we already have access to practically their whole armada of starships...so developing a whole faction would seem kinda pointless...plus it would TRIBBLE off people that a faction is getting those ships for free.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Do you know that the words "prophet" and "herald" are closely related?
    Prophet's gate is a vague statement that can be applied to numerous things in the game.

An iconian gateway, the bajoran wormhole, the solonae sphere or even a constellation.

While the remark in sphere of influence points towards future involvement of the Dominion and gamma quadrant content the Sela remark should not singularly be used as evidence for dominion involvement.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited May 2015
    [sarcasm] No problem! All they gotta do is rename the lockbox Dominion ships and boom! Problem solved.[/sarcasm]

I can already see the Dominion/Cardassian faction advocates clamoring for this. They're already trying to say renaming the currently playable Galor will solve the "problem" of not being able to have a Cardassian faction, despite the fact that in game lore dictates that the Cardassians cannot field a full fledged military under treaty agreement with the Federation. They can have a small Defense Force, but nothing along the lines of a full faction military.
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    svindal777 wrote: »
    Playable Jem'Hadar confirmed. :D

id settle for race repsec token i have several jem ships that id like a jem'hadar captin to fly them.

ps. anyone have link to podcast that (confirms info)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]