test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All content gone

mickthemagemickthemage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
First, sorry for my english, I am not native speaker...

Today I was working with foundry, but I had some other work so I left the game running and was away from computer. When I returned, the game loged me off - of course - so i login back and load the foundry again. But all the content of my mission was gone - everything except the mission description. All the maps, dialogs everything is gone. Weeks of work are just gone. And I don't know why... And there is no backup, If I understand it correctly.

I don't know what to do...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    what was the name of the mission?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The mission was not published yet. Name - Legacy of War.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    What's the Mission ID? It's listed below the Name and above Author, ST-something.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The same thing happened to me! Mission title is "Ships That Pass in the Night" (ST-HKGQF22CO), also unpublished.

I noticed yesterday when I opened it to correct a typo, and all the maps, costumes, and dialogues were gone. Forgot to submit a report, but it happened. Fortunately it wasn't too far along, but I did lose a lot of dialogue text.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    What's the Mission ID? It's listed below the Name and above Author, ST-something.

Mission ID is: ST-HJGPSOUKG
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Happened to me a few days back. I was quite furious, but all I had to do was to restart the game, and reload the mission, and everything was back. Just don't save when it's blank, otherwise that might ends badly.
    Also, I don't know if simply reloading the mission is enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    Just don't save when it's blank, otherwise that might ends badly.

Well, TRIBBLE. I saved before noticing what had happened. :(
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    Just don't save when it's blank, otherwise that might ends badly.

I did not save the project, but I am afraid that it auto saves if you exit the foundry... (hope, not) Which I did 2 times min. :(
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    An autosave doesn't overwrite a "proper save". A message appears when you next open the Foundry: "An autosaved copy has been found that is newer than your last manual save, do you wish to load this?" or words to that effect. If you do load the autosave, it still won't be "properly saved" until you click "Save".

Can anyone tell me, how do you save a duplicate copy of your mission? I'm sure I heard that this was possible, but I can't work out how and I'd like to do it just in case of accident!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    it's something you do on the page where you select a mission from the list. I am unsure of the specifics though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    wombat140 wrote: »
    An autosave doesn't overwrite a "proper save". A message appears when you next open the Foundry: "An autosaved copy has been found that is newer than your last manual save, do you wish to load this?" or words to that effect. If you do load the autosave, it still won't be "properly saved" until you click "Save".

Can anyone tell me, how do you save a duplicate copy of your mission? I'm sure I heard that this was possible, but I can't work out how and I'd like to do it just in case of accident!

Go to the page where you select the mission to load up in the foundry mission you want to edit.

At the bottom of the page/list there will be a thing that says "Archived Missions", click on that and it will shift to the top of the page. The "Edit" button will now change to be something else I can't remember exactly what but if you select a mission and then the Button that was Edit then it will create a duplicate version of the original mission.
  • Options
    wombat140wombat140 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Got it. I've just done it and it works (the extra copy appears in both Owned Projects and Archived Projects, alongside the original). Thank you very much, that makes me feel a lot safer while this bug's going on.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    But the only thing I did was that I was away from keyboard. And when i returned and login back, everything was gone except the mission description and private autor notes. Everything else is not there. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1elf660pn1j8xo0/2015-01-21_00001.jpg?dl=0 I don't know how this is possible...
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2015
    I've been able to reproduce both the crash and the data loss from the project. Hopefully we'll be able to get this fixed, but until then save early, save often, and try not to leave a project open and unattended for an extended period of time.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I've been able to reproduce both the crash and the data loss from the project. Hopefully we'll be able to get this fixed, but until then save early, save often, and try not to leave a project open and unattended for an extended period of time.

So there is no chance for recovering what was lost? Oh, well...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    If someone from Cryptic can see this, then, I just realized, that I have the mission exported in a text file. I used the /ugcEditorExportProject command. But as far as I know, I can not import it back myself. On the other hand, if someone from Cryptic get hands on the file..., maybe they can restore the mission back? I know, life is not perfect, but If... Could it be somehow salvaged? :(
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    If someone from Cryptic can see this, then, I just realized, that I have the mission exported in a text file. I used the /ugcEditorExportProject command. But as far as I know, I can not import it back myself. On the other hand, if someone from Cryptic get hands on the file..., maybe they can restore the mission back? I know, life is not perfect, but If... Could it be somehow salvaged? :(

Yeah Sad to Say you are probably SOL....

Unless you were to make some Pretty Big Contributions to the Foundry Pastry Fund... (jk)
This discussion has been closed.