test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Exclusive Celebrity Interviews

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Star Trek Online: Season 10 – The Iconian War brings the familiar faces of Robert Duncan McNeill as Tom Paris and Lisa LoCicero as Miral Paris.

In our latest interview series, we sit down with them and explore the actors behind the characters.

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    Ah, so my thoughts about Tom Paris aren't so crazy after all...

Opinions of some people on here aside (and the obvious reason of captaincy = easy path into the game), it's nice to hear Mr. McNeil echo my own sentiments about the character. The universe doesn't revolve around the center seat.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Neat! (its not quite Inside the Actor's Studio but hey, I'll take it. :P)

Also, question from the Lisa interview: are they hinting that Klingons lay eggs?
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Looking forward to reading the transcript. Thanks, Trendy!
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Listened to a bit of both from the start. The Robert Duncan McNeill set, when he was talking about the seven years (Seven? The character, yes, THAT Seven. Coincidence? Hmm. Seven Years. Seven. Think About It.) he was on "Voyager": I was waiting for him to say:
    "It was the Best of Times, it was the Worst of Times".

https://youtu.be/gcTNMrNYMgc
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Both of those (voice-)actors are surprisingly talkative and articulate.

Also McNeil is pretty great in the two featured missions (and that's after i wasn't a fan of his in Voyager). And I can't shake a feeling LoCicero has already voiced someone in STO before. I've definitely heard that voice already somewhere.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    whar Captain Proton Game Content? Whar?
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ok, I now want a photo of a bunch of Klingons standing around smoking cigarettes...
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nice! Just heard Robert's so far. Was great to have Robert do the game. His voice acting was top notch.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And "Chuck" fans love you too Robert!

You did good work on that! :)

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • ryoborgryoborg Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's great that they got these guys to voice there Characters in game. But when are they gunna bring Patrick Stewart & Captain (probably Admiral by now) Picard back & have Him in the game?
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    I've definitely heard that voice already somewhere.
    She does sound a bit like Taris on occasions (and thus sounds like Lani Minella), but I doubt Cryptic would hire the actress who voiced Miral Paris and:
    - not ask her to voice her
    - not publicly credit her for the rest
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    Both of those (voice-)actors are surprisingly talkative and articulate.

Also McNeil is pretty great in the two featured missions (and that's after i wasn't a fan of his in Voyager). And I can't shake a feeling LoCicero has already voiced someone in STO before. I've definitely heard that voice already somewhere.

Might not be where you know her from, but a bit of a fun fact that LoCicero had a guest role on Chuck, the series Robert Duncan McNeil directed.

:)

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    She does sound a bit like Taris on occasions (and thus sounds like Lani Minella), but I doubt Cryptic would hire the actress who voiced Miral Paris and:
    - not ask her to voice her
    - not publicly credit her for the rest
    Hrm, I'll have to pay close attention to Taris VO next time.

And a quick search on the wiki says Lani Minella voiced at least a half dozen characters in STO, so I think we got a winner. No doubt one of the characters does sound very close to Lisa LoCicero (and Miral paris).
    Might not be where you know her from, but a bit of a fun fact that LoCicero had a guest role on Chuck, the series Robert Duncan McNeil directed.

:)

While I did see some Chuck episodes, they were dubbed. So I wouldn't know her voice from them (assuming I got to see her in that tv show).
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not the most excited interview
    Not even average
    but they were so polite and using a lot nice words
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They already stated in-game that Picard is no longer a captain, but instead became the official ambassador to Vulcan.

And then he retired as Ambassador to live on his vineyard. Kind of like in AGT.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ryoborg wrote: »
    It's great that they got these guys to voice there Characters in game. But when are they gunna bring Patrick Stewart & Captain (probably Admiral by now) Picard back & have Him in the game?

The greatest missed opportunity for STO was to not cast Wil Wheaton as Andrew Wesle... sorry, Westin.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ghostmatterghostmatter Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is there a transcript?
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for doing these interviews! Its great to hear the actors outside their roles.