test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omni-Directional Antiproton Beam Array Does Not Equip

zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I bought an Omni in the exchange and I can't equip it on my ship. I bought it when I was lower level and couldn't equip it, but now I have gained the rank to use it but the weapon won't equip stating I do not meet the requirements, wtf?

I only have one Omni beam which is this one I am trying to equip and the game won't let me!
Post edited by zeatrex on

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Did you try all the possible places to equip it? Character Sheet standing somewhere, the ship selector, and while in sector space, or at least in your ship?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    trennan wrote: »
    Did you try all the possible places to equip it? Character Sheet standing somewhere, the ship selector, and while in sector space, or at least in your ship?
    Nah, just figured out that you must be level 50+ in order to equip Mk XII, which the Omni is.
  • goreinxgoreinx Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I not understand why you spending EC for items, which you can get as reward (mission "Sphere of Influence" in this case).
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    People buy the omni beams because, they come in all weapon types and, you can equip the omni beam from sphere of influence and a crafted antiproton omni beam at the same time.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zeatrex wrote: »
    Nah, just figured out that you must be level 50+ in order to equip Mk XII, which the Omni is.

Actually it's the special crafted items like the Omni-Directional Beam Array and other items you need level 15 to craft that actually require you to be level 50. I have Mk XII items that aren't from crafting and can actually be equipped at level 45+.

I actually posted about it here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1448581

What's happening is the Omni beam and other special crafted items like the TR116-B rifle are incorrectly showing you can equip them at level 45+ (the tooltips and item info show the rank required for whatever level 45 is for your faction). You can only equip a crafted Omni and those other special items at level 50+.
  • subzer0d1videsubzer0d1vide Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    People buy the omni beams because, they come in all weapon types and, you can equip the omni beam from sphere of influence and a crafted antiproton omni beam at the same time.

Not anymore you can't.
    --

"The higher the fewer."
  • nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not anymore you can't.

Of course you can.
    he said CRAFTED omni plus FREE ANCIENT omni.
    its free ancient plus ANOTHER free ancient that no longer equips.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zeatrex wrote: »
    I bought an Omni in the exchange and I can't equip it on my ship. I bought it when I was lower level and couldn't equip it, but now I have gained the rank to use it but the weapon won't equip stating I do not meet the requirements, wtf?

I only have one Omni beam which is this one I am trying to equip and the game won't let me!

Just thought I'd highlight that since some people seemed to have missed it and think you're trying to equip more than 1 type of Omni-Directional Beam Array.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually it's the special crafted items like the Omni-Directional Beam Array and other items you need level 15 to craft that actually require you to be level 50. I have Mk XII items that aren't from crafting and can actually be equipped at level 45+.

I actually posted about it here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1448581

What's happening is the Omni beam and other special crafted items like the TR116-B rifle are incorrectly showing you can equip them at level 45+ (the tooltips and item info show the rank required for whatever level 45 is for your faction). You can only equip a crafted Omni and those other special items at level 50+.

This shouldn't be so, since mkxii items are deemed subadmiralII, not to mention how certain mission rewards like mkxii items from FE's, only offer mkxi's till you reach lvl60, than it will offer an mkxii version.

Both an mkxi and a mkxii item, lists subadmiralII for requirement but, isn't the case in equipping certain items nor, ones being awarded!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!