test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple Zero-Point and Assimilated Modules

nextloopnextloop Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Federation Discussion
Hi Everyone,

My apologies if this has been covered. I searched but didn't find anything.

Has anyone experimented with running two Zero-Point Conduits and two Assimilated Modules. I know you're not supposed to be able to do it, but if you get two through the Rep system and upgrade one of them you can have two of each—one that has no MK level and one that does.

Running two of each of these, my Excelsior has 18.7% crit chance and 68.9% crit severity. Power levels also receive the added boost the consoles provide. Anyone else tried this? Or is this old news?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I haven't tried that, but I don't think I would.

Reason is because it's clearly not functioning as intended, so you can assume it will be patched out sooner or later. As a rule, I don't like to become dependent on anything that I know will later be removed.

I wasn't even aware that you could do this, but I'm sure some people will take advantage of the loophole.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I don't mean to rain on your parade, but talking about a glitch/exploit in the forums is a great way to get it fixed so no one can use it.

(And, no I haven't tried it, personally between my Romulan Operativves, Vulnerability locators, and Traits I'm pushing 22-24% crit chance with 80%+ severity. I've actually considered removing the mentioned consoles from my loadout, they don't seem to be as effective as I'd like...)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »
    I don't mean to rain on your parade, but talking about a glitch/exploit in the forums is a great way to get it fixed so no one can use it.

Why would that rain on their parade? Bugs/exploits should be reported.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My main is a romulan so those numbers make me chuckle :)
    No offence intended.
  • nextloopnextloop Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I actually saw someone else do it in a Skill Planner screenshot they posted. They explained basically what I did, but the topic never gained any traction and it's the only thing I've ever seen on the topic. I don't even remember where it was.
  • coffeemikecoffeemike Member Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Obelisk Omni-Directional AP Beam array had this problem that was recently fixed.

You can get the mission reward one, slot it, then get a second one from episode replay, then upgrade it, then slot it.

The devs fixed that one. If you remove it now, you can't re-slot both.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It never gained any traction, because a lot of people were exploiting this, and don't want it fixed.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg