test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best place to farm contraband KDF

supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
Hi fellas what/wheres the best place on the KDF side to farm contraband. Since the walls fell for sector space, it must be me but i've been seeing a lack of disable freighter doff missions, I've been hanging near New Romulus, DS9/Mining asteroid and Sol systems.
Post edited by supergirl1611 on

Comments

• Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sector space marauding usually yields a good amount of contraband, and prisoners.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Areas where at one time there may have been conflict.
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you farm the "regions" that approximate the old sector blocks, you should do fine. It might take you one or two tries to formulate a "route" that satisfies you.

There's a recent post in this forum that outlines this and links the regions:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1436951
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I fly back and forth in these areas with pretty good success.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I should really read before I post. I just cruise around until something pops up in an area for marauding. Doesn't seem to take too long to find a few ships to board in Romulan space.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    FYI, check each and every sector and, make sure you use current map AND first officer + tactical as well, as these will bring up missions for gaining contraband/commodities/loot + prisoners 99.9% of the time.

Tactical dept head, is also the major source of schematics and labor force missions, as well as extract intel officer missions [have gotten some good VR doffs this way].
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    FYI, check each and every sector and, make sure you use current map AND first officer + tactical as well, as these will bring up missions for gaining contraband/commodities/loot + prisoners 99.9% of the time.

Tactical dept head, is also the major source of schematics and labor force missions, as well as extract intel officer missions [have gotten some good VR doffs this way].

This is what I've found. Go out into sector space and then move along to where the old sectors were and check everything mentioned above
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Guess i've been in the wrong places.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You sure you have no luck at New Romulus? I mean it isn't exactly booming but I can almost always find at least one or two raiding freighter missions.
  • Options
    fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ganalda to Japori; be sure to manually refresh the department head screens.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Disable freighters wnd pillwge ferengi tradding posts
  • Options
    synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Like others have said, check both the current map as well as your First Officer and Tactical Dep Heads for the Marauder & Military tabs. I also recommend the Operations Officer as well and will explain why below.

You want to multi-task your routes. Use exploration clusters along with your Military DOFF tab (Forced Labor camps) not only to offload prisoners for extra dilithium, but also to offload extra colonists you aren't using to advance those clusters. The exploration tab in the Ops Dept Head menu will also give you the chance to grab a handful of Colonists as well. Try to save the colonists that DON'T have Aggressive/Unruly traits for advancing your cluster chain missions. You can shunt the prisoners off to the sec officer but the disaster rate is atrocious. All of this adds up to extra dil to round out your contraband turns ins. The military tab also has the Fugitive Network mission which not only nets contraband but also a dominion prisoner on a crit which you can exchange for a blue/purple DOFF in the DS9/Cardi sectors when the mission pops in the Recruitment section of the current map missions.

Strap a Borg/MACO engine on your ship aft (or use that Subspace fold clicky power from the old Dyson event ships until you get fed up and buy a Borg Engine anyways), throw some points into Driver coil and get to flying and clicking.

I usually head From Quonos and hit the nearby clusters (finish T'ong for the yummy Sec Officers) then head up to Romulus then work my way down to Drozana and dip into the bottom right corner before heading up to Celes. I then head over to the one cluster on the alpha/beta Q border then head into the beta Q. If I have a dominion prisoner, I start keeping an eye out for the mission popping on the Alpha Q map while I hit the bottom 2 lines on my way to Zenas expanse. Once I tag that, I head back to DS9 and park the cap there for the security officer turn in. Then later, I do the exact same thing only in reverse until I turn in at the Q'onos Sec Officer.

Get all the 45 minute marauder missions but be aware that there are 6-8 hour variations of the missions in Alpha Q . For strictly contraband, you want refinery, photonics, mining colony (generic/faction only, not species named), stations (not vulcan), depots, etc. Rule of thumb is to check rewards...top 'Special item' should be 2. For Freighters go for everything but Vulcan with the priority being Ferengi because of the extra yield. On the other side, avoid the Ferengi Trading Post. Keep an eye out for Salvage Battle Wreckage From Skirmish and Strike Against Fugitive Network. Avoid species named colonies/structures as they don't give any contra unless you're just looking for prisoners.

Mind is frazzled at the moment so posters are free to fill in missing gaps or correct my errors. lol I have 2 KDF caps that do this together (over a half-hour total if I'm not busy yapping in Sector or Channels. lol) and they supply multiple contraband turn-ins for all 5 of my captains. And DON'T forget to check the personal tab of EVERY Captain you have for to snatch some contraband from your personnel. It all adds up. Good luck. :)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    synfoola wrote: »
    Strap a Borg/MACO engine on your ship aft (or use that Subspace fold clicky power from the old Dyson event ships until you get fed up and buy a Borg Engine anyways), throw some points into Driver coil and get to flying and clicking.
    you can use both actually... Subspace fold is a clicky power you get from... I think it's a warp/sing core, not sure. I know one of my Romulans uses it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg