test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Second Time!

auckaaucka Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Second time in the past few months that Cryptic has started a 20% off ship sale literally hours after I buy a bunch of ships. Didn't have a very good experience with customer service the first time around, but this one is dirty pool. Launch a bunch of new ships, turn the servers on, then wait a couple hours to start a sale on those same ships.

I don't get upset by too much when it comes to MMOs, but this is pretty low. Not happy.

*Edit*

I take that back. Going by the post time in the announcement, the sale started EIGHT MINUTES after I made the purchase. Ugh.

*Edit*
Post edited by aucka on

Comments

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you're referring to having bought the pilot ships, they aren't on sale anyway. If not, then I agree with sop, have more self control and wait for the sales.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So by your own admission you say you were fully aware Cryptic has done this with sales at least once before just a few months ago but you still couldn't resist your impulse to buy the new ships as soon as possible.

And somehow it's Cryptic's fault you have no self control. :rolleyes:

hehehe
    Game/Set/Match
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    aucka wrote: »
    Second time in the past few months that Cryptic has started a 20% off ship sale literally hours after I buy a bunch of ships. Didn't have a very good experience with customer service the first time around, but this one is dirty pool. Launch a bunch of new ships, turn the servers on, then wait a couple hours to start a sale on those same ships.

I don't get upset by too much when it comes to MMOs, but this is pretty low. Not happy.

*Edit*

I take that back. Going by the post time in the announcement, the sale started EIGHT MINUTES after I made the purchase. Ugh.

*Edit*

Cryptic isn't watching to see when you make a ship purchase, no offence but you aren't that significant to them,

If it's any consolation I bough 5300 Zen yesterday and bought myself the Presidio and the Fleet Eclipse If I had waited I'd have saved myself some dilithium maybe even get another ship but hey ho it's life. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Plan for it...

Wait for the sale... However long it tales, no matter how hard or far you have to go... Wait... for... the... sale!!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So by your own admission you say you were fully aware Cryptic has done this with sales at least once before just a few months ago but you still couldn't resist your impulse to buy the new ships as soon as possible.

And somehow it's Cryptic's fault you have no self control. :rolleyes:

more like just how unlucky one was that it happened the way it did rather then knowing what you already know..

its hardly an issue though, just grind some dilithium to zen and get some more ships. but in the end these things happen. move on.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Plan for it...

Wait for the sale... However long it tales, no matter how hard or far you have to go... Wait... for... the... sale!!

CM

This. Channel your inner Scotsman and Never. Pay. Full. Price.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can you let the rest of us know the next time you are about to buy ships so we can get ready for the sale. :D
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I tried to get the KDF a new BoP by buying a T5 B'Rel and upgrade token when my DR hit 50 but it didn't work.

Usually when I buy a ship the one that obsoletes it is leaked within a week.

They probably knew I used dil and not my own zen purchased with my own money to buy them.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    ellyashtearellyashtear Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    simple solution... wait next time...
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Second time in the past few months that Cryptic has started a 20% off ship sale literally hours after I buy a bunch of ships.

That IS low isn't it?

I bought a can of tomato soup last week. I cried bitter tears when they reduced it by 50% the next day. Ironically, my tears tasted like tomato. Isn't that strange?

Here is a poem to cheer you up!

Tomato Tears

Tomato tears, are bitter not sweet,
    I bought a ship, only last week.

And now its cheap, and I'm going to cry,
    These bitter tears, my Zen is dry.

Why does Cryptic, milk my teat?
    My nipple is dry, and my wallet meek.
  • Options
    trypwyrtrypwyr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    equinox976 wrote: »
    That IS low isn't it?

I bought a can of tomato soup last week. I cried bitter tears when they reduced it by 50% the next day. Ironically, my tears tasted like tomato. Isn't that strange?

Funny thing is, most stores will refund you the difference if it goes on sale within a certain time. Hell, Amazon even proactively refunded me the diff on a game I bought a while back.

I just bought the Vesta 3-pack about 4 days ago, I feel your pain OP. Now I'm out 1000 zen and three upgrade tokens.

Seriously, it would be nice to know when these are upcoming...
  • Options
    svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    trypwyr wrote: »
    Funny thing is, most stores will refund you the difference if it goes on sale within a certain time. .

That is generally only on large purchases, TV, furniture etc...
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • Options
    trypwyrtrypwyr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    svindal777 wrote: »
    That is generally only on large purchases, TV, furniture etc...

Not that this really matters, but most retailers offer this sort of "price adjustment" on any normally priced item (not clearance, etc) within 7-14 days, some longer.

http://www.kiplinger.com/article/spending/T050-C011-S001-retailers-that-offer-price-adjustments.html
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I guess it's all neither here nor there.

As the old saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on me..."

But you're right, the sale excludes the new pilot ships, so I have no legitimate complaint.

One thing I would like to know, though, is how to get some tears that taste like tomato.

Otherwise, disregard the miniature rant. It's out of character to begin with, and the result of a further out of character inability to comprehend what I read.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ready . . .FIRE! . . .Aim.

No sale on the pilot ships, as you now realize. You might PM Trendy to delete this thread and hide your shame :)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Ready . . .FIRE! . . .Aim.

No sale on the pilot ships, as you now realize. You might PM Trendy to delete this thread and hide your shame :)

I have no shame. If I act like an as****e, I'll wear it :)
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A Ship sale usually follows either a weekend Dilithium or Zen sale.

So consider those a week to two-weeks warning in advance and plan ahead.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015

*Edit*

*Edit*
    I would say you are cursed with bad luck. These types of curses happen.

I have a neighbor who lives about half a mile down the road from me. His home has been hit by lightning 3 times in the last 8 years. I have never been hit, even though I have a two-story surrounded by trees and he has a ranch with few trees.

Some people are just unlucky.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Pilot ships are not on sale anyway http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9227723-star-trek-online%3A-20%25-ship-sale
    All ships in the C-Store are 20% off excluding Pilot ships

What ticks me off is this:
    The Pathfinder Voyager + Interior MT will be re-added to the store just for this sale period. Players can only buy this if they have not already purchased the Pathfinder solo ship or the Intrepid Bundle.

Thanks a lot Cryptic. You had this bundle available for only 4 days when the Pathfinder was released back in November. I bought the Pathfinder in early December, about 2 weeks or so after the sale, because I intended to buy it anyway. You finally bring the Voyager interiors back but still there is NO way I can get the Voyager interiors because I already own all Intrepid variants. We asked and asked for an answer on the Voyager interiors and asked for another way to get them without them being bundled with a ship and we get dead silence. Those interiors hyped me up for Delta Rising and I looked forward to getting them and it looks like I'll never be able to. Nearly 6 months since DR launched and still no answer on this. ****ers
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2015

*Edit*

*Edit*

easy answer to your plight, always wait for a sale before you buy anything.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2015

*Edit*

*Edit*
    There's a man somewhere in the deep dark winding halls of Cryptic sitting at a computer, twisting the ends of his greasy handlebar moustache, grinning and laughing maniacally as his beady black eyes take in the text of your post while he schemes of new nefarious ways to commit such heinous acts of villainy!
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Pilot ships are not on sale anyway http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9227723-star-trek-online%3A-20%25-ship-sale

Nearly 6 months since DR launched and still no answer on this. ****ers

What a shame. Guess you didn't read the 'tool-tip', its your own fault :)
  • Options
    razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had sense they would do some sort of ship sale after they release new ships even though the said ships aint on sale others are. I just waited now I'm new happy owner of Fleet Guardian (T6) Cruiser.
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Plan for it...

CM

Yeah, that is probably the wisest approach (besides spending your money on something else entirely. :) )

And if you can't wait for however many weeks it will take - wait at least for the next weekend. Most sales happen on weekends. A Saturday is a good time for a purchase, regardless of what time zone you're in.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    equinox976 wrote: »
    What a shame. Guess you didn't read the 'tool-tip', its your own fault :)

What "tooltip"? If you read my post you would see that I was too late to buy the Pathfinder+Intrepid interior bundle but purchased the Pathfinder by itself shortly afterwards. And I had the other 2 Intrepids that are part of the large bundle a long long time before the Pathfinder ever came out. Dev blog says:
    Players can only buy this if they have not already purchased the Pathfinder solo ship or the Intrepid Bundle.
    This means it's impossible for me to get the god damn Voyager interiors, because I already bought all of the ships separately. If I knew they were gonna release the Pathfinder+interior bundle 6 months later I would have waited and not bought the ship by itself. But Cryptic flat out refuses to say anything about the issue, not even tell us if there will be another way to get the interiors that isn't tied to the ships I ALREADY BOUGHT.

I don't regret buying the Pathfinder. I just wish I could have bought it when it came bundled with the interiors the first time around.

I give up. Maybe next year they'll come up with something, but by that time I won't give a **** anymore.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    What "tooltip"?

You probably didn't hover over it long enough.