test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Using TWITCH

mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Academy
Hello all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question in that is there any problems with streaming this game on Twitch?

We have a group of us wanting to do a ground PvP and stream to the rest of us to watch but I know some games have problems with this because of copyright etc.
hZbIdbh.jpg
THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mjarbar wrote: »
    Hello all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question in that is there any problems with streaming this game on Twitch?

We have a group of us wanting to do a ground PvP and stream to the rest of us to watch but I know some games have problems with this because of copyright etc.
    Go for it!
    Trendy_Approval_Granted.exe
  • yuzralyuzral Member Posts: 160 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    Thank the dead Klingon Gods, the Maker, Boji the Vorlon God, the Force, the Dice (DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!) and two small white mice for that.
    Blatant self-promotion: Producer of the Delta Rising Tribble Timewarp, Foundry Frolics and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Go for it!
    Trendy_Approval_Granted.exe

MAGIC!!! I didn't even have to offer bacon as a bribe :D thank you.

If anyone is interested I'll post the time and date so others can watch if they want, Caitian v's Gorn...Two may enter, only one may leave!!!
    hZbIdbh.jpg
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mjarbar wrote: »
    MAGIC!!! I didn't even have to offer bacon as a bribe :D thank you.

If anyone is interested I'll post the time and date so others can watch if they want, Caitian v's Gorn...Two may enter, only one may leave!!!
    If you have twitter, tweet it at my account (you can find it in my signature) so that I can potentially check it out.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    and by Check it out she means, Troll you in the Chat Room :P
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    Lately I have been doing a lot of livestream on it. Spent almost 3 hours last night going through and playing with each of the new ships. Though 2 hours of that was looking at and admiring the designs of the Fed and KDF pilot ships.

But nothing has ever been wrong with livestreaming. I find it as a good means to allow others who maybe interested in learning about the game to see it from an experienced players hands. And a good way to see how you can correct your own piloting errors....
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
    edited May 2015
    Livestreaming is a very good way to get any game out there to the public and I know PWE/Cryptic have livestreamed the game themselves but there is a difference between them doing it and myself. Some companies are very touchy about players streaming content - Nintendo go nuts over it!!!

So in the end always best to seek permission than just go ahead and do it.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Quick(ish) status update:

Yesterday we run the PvP between the Caitian and the Gorn and it was a close match ending 15:10 to the Caitian.

Due to the fact in the week leading up to the match the player of the Gorn toon had a very bad internet connection so we held off widely advertising the fight going ahead, however we did record it, so as soon as I get the Youtube URL I'll post it on a new thread I'll create in the PvP part of yhe forum.

In terms of the stream itself it was quite a good run as it allowed us to identify and work out a few kinks in terms of sound and camera work so hopefully we can get better as time goes on.
    hZbIdbh.jpg