test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

LaughingTrendy: community manager extraordinaire!

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
Trendy made some great posts over on reddit last night, so for those who don't read that board I wanted to share them with you here, specifically this one. You can also read all of her posts on her user page.

Thanks Trendy, for your dedication to this community and for bearing the brunt of our frustrations about things totally outside your control :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't jinx it! :)

But I think so far she makes a good impression to me, let's hope we can keep her for a long time. :)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Aw man. Don't say that!
    According to the forums Positive feedback makes you a troll. Or a white night. Or is it a cryptic lover.
    Or a communist.
    You need to say "lolerztrendy does stuff" and put it on a Star Trek pic.

Is this your first day on the forums?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    She has been doing a good job engaging with the community.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    Aw man. Don't say that!
    According to the forums Positive feedback makes you a troll. Or a white night. Or is it a cryptic lover.
    Or a communist.

Noob scrub gtfo. :)
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No wonder she is handling the devs so well.

I mean, have you ever seen what happens when a hammer smashes down on a salami or a lizard?

It is not pretty ... :D
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes, she is nice. But then, she would be even better if she checked her private messages, and this topic :
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1259261

When Smirk left, some of what he was doing was left hanging. Thanks !
    chalpen wrote: »
    Aw man. Don't say that!
    Or a communist.

Oh look, someone is trying to troll ! I wonder what's better : trolling everyone that's giving positive feedback, or trolling everyone that's giving negative feedback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    Yes, she is nice. But then, she would be even better if she checked her private messages, and this topic :
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1259261

When Smirk left, some of what he was doing was left hanging. Thanks !

Oh look, someone is trying to troll ! I wonder what's better : trolling everyone that's giving positive feedback, or trolling everyone that's giving negative feedback.

According to what I read: trolling is an absolute that, when you do it, you make your peace in the world and everything goes your way.

Oh look, I just found a quarter
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    She's so nice.
    She was great on Vulcan after Nimoy died.
    :)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Trendy made some great posts over on reddit last night, so for those who don't read that board I wanted to share them with you here, specifically this one. You can also read all of her posts on her user page.

Thanks Trendy, for your dedication to this community and for bearing the brunt of our frustrations about things totally outside your control :D

You got a little bit of brown on your nose there. ;)

And I wouldn't touch an SJW-infested cesspool like Reddit with a ten foot pole.
  • hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Communication with the players is great. I'm a little confused why it has to be done outside of the official forums so often though. I'm also confused about why Trendy and friends "latch their teeth" onto certain issues but completely ignore others. It shouldn't take a 50 page thread with thousands of views for something to get fixed months later.

Case in point, the Ionic Turbulence issue. Brought up many times in multiple threads and ignored. Didn't get fixed until months later when a priority one podcaster brought it Cap'n Geks attention and then BOOM - suddenly a priority and fixed.

That's just one example from a dozen things like that I can think of off the top of my head.

Here's another: There's is a bug with the "Chase Camera" setting where the chase function breaks when a ship is at high speed and swivels back and forth on its axis repeatedly until manually reset by the player. High speed meaning all possible speed buffs activiated including evasive maneuvers, ApO, EptE, etc. That bug has been around for years, multiple bug reports about it and it has never even been mentioned as a known issue.
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Do you think trendy would marry me?
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
    edited May 2015

She will only marry royalty or some sort of super human
  • ladytiamat666ladytiamat666 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Trendy is OP, please nerf.
    signature%201.jpg_zpsklpuyd7v.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the link, I don't normally follow Reddit Posts, but I try to read what Trendy posts.

Unlike people that have been in her position in the past, she actually talks to us. We might not always get what we want (honestly, we shouldn't either) but it's good to at least be heard.

Trendy is doing a great job, at least with her around it feels like we have a voice. I appreciate that.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Trendy is OP, please nerf.

+1

At this rate, I will start a thread in the PvP forum.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Sorry, Trendy's already happily engaged, and quite possibly married to her beloved companion, coffee.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you're a bunny, bunnies are either pets or food. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,268 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't always agree with Trendy, but I respect the fact they stand up to/questions the devs.

That takes guts and integrity. All too lacking prior to Trendy.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,450 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    you're a bunny, bunnies are either pets or food. :P

Mmm.... served with a little bacon...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Trendy, thank you. I sincerely believe you're doing your best. But unless we make you Lord High Executioner of the Multiverse, you have no control over what the Devs do with any kind of feedback. To them, it has become background elevator music. Annoying but easy to ignore. This began long before you arrived.

Let me be quite clear: I am speaking on my own behalf here not others.

I have exactly zero faith in anyone on the Cryptic Dev Team for Star Trek Online listening to us or even acknowledging our presence and our concerns. They all appear to be unwilling to do so. There are exceptions. Well, one exception. Tacofangs.

I have every confidence this state of affairs will continue as it is right now with exactly zero change on the part of the Cryptic Dev Team for Star Trek Online.

Unless and until there is a significant change in how the Cryptic Dev Team interacts with the playerbase here on the forums Trendy, I suspect you're tilting at windmills. And currently the Cryptic Dev Team for Star Trek Online has no incentive to change their ways.

My faith in your efforts Trendy? Right on! You go on with your bad self!

My thoughts concerning the Dev Team? Yup. Figures.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I haven't seen anyone tipping starships and going "M'Captain" yet, so it can't be reddit.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Trendy I Love You!
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It takes a big pair of cajones to put up with us and Trendy has the biggest. Thanks for everything do Trendy.

Getting to level 60 isn't that big of an issue. The main issue is earning specialization points post 60. Some players have reported they get about 2 spec points per week. With a total of 90 points to max everything out, if you count level 51-60, it would take you around 45 weeks to max out a single character and there are 52 weeks in a year. It shouldn't take 10+ months to max out all specs on a single character.

Me, I'm lucky if I get 1 point a month just from filling up doff assignments once per day, and often times I can't bring myself to do that everyday because I have a lot of characters and it takes hours to go through all of them each day. I'm still working my third and final delta recruit through the storylines so I haven't had any time in weeks to work on anything else. To be honest, I pretty much gave up on the specialization system and just don't give a damn anymore. When a grind isn't fun like this I just take whatever I get whenever I get it and don't actually work for it very much.

P.S. Can we get confirmation on the away team ground skills constantly defaulting issue? A while back they put out a fix for it and the ship stations emptying bug. Ship stations were fixed but it's getting on my nerves working on a delta recruit having to check my boff's ground skills every time I need to beam down to a ground map in an episode. So far there have been multiple threads on the boff away team skills issue and I have yet to see any kind of "we're working on it" post by Cryptic.
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Trendy is awesome. She has the same birthday as me, and that makes us practically related. Also she likes anime, and that makes her objectively cool because science and shut up that's why.

In seriousness, though, I work collaboratively with the community manager at my current job, and I have an enormous amount of respect for the thick skin and sense of humor it takes to be effective in that role without completely losing your ****.

And that's in a community that is pretty positive and upbeat as a whole, with a lot of trust and confidence in us and our product. In this community? There is a horrific amount of bitterness, distrust and bad blood towards Cryptic and the dev team in general (never mind the fact that many of the people who get referred to as "devs" are actually artists or level designers). Some of it is legitimate, some of it is baggage, and some is just plain insane--but as the public face of this game to the community, that all lands right in your lap.

Stay positive. This will all wear you down with time if you let it. Just keep on doing what you're doing: being an advocate for the community, and keeping things fun around here as much as possible.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    by the power of the sacred bacon........oooooops i mean lok'nar , come forth Oolatek..........

for those that wonder the above quote is a paraphrase from the movie ' Heavy Metal '