test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How many Iconian "Hourly"s are allowed?

killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
I thought in other factions, you can do 3 Hourly projects within a 20-24 period, but in the Iconian one, the most I've been able to manage was only two. There was one rare night where I pulled off 3, but then it went back to max of 2 per day again. Weird.
Post edited by killalljedi on

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its 2 dailies per for all reputations. I think for you the question is just how the countdown timer and your view of a day sync up. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well as I mentioned, I've been able to do 3 of them per 20 hour period on other factions. I really hope Sela unlocks a special mission at Tier V rep after all this effort. Otherwise, I might just stop grinding it after I hit IV and can craft the rep beams.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well as I mentioned, I've been able to do 3 of them per 20 hour period on other factions.

And I'm saying that your probably didn't, not according to the cooldown timer. Depending on how that resets you may be able to do 3 in "a day" but that has nothing to do with Iconian v. other factions. Its just relating your categorization of time to an invisible game timer (which should limit you to roughly 2 dailies per day).

But as for T5 I can't say what you might find there but I doubt its going to be a mission (given that the most we've ever recieved from past reps is a fetch quest (go get Nelen), the "missions" for the romulan rep are part of the New Romulus adventure zone.) But the inevitable dilithium+mark payout should be more than enough justification to earn at some point (which if you just throw into more dailies could snag you a properly spec'ed rep beam or two, if you're lucky.)
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's supposed to be three, but if you slot the first and second hourly projects together, it won't let you do a third. To avoid getting restricted to two, I usually slot the first hourly and leave the next project slot blank. Then after the first hourly is done, I slot the second project and the third to follow.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    It's supposed to be three, but if you slot the first and second hourly projects together, it won't let you do a third. To avoid getting restricted to two, I usually slot the first hourly and leave the next project slot blank. Then after the first hourly is done, I slot the second project and the third to follow.

Ah, I see. Didn't know you could do that. But you should flip that around, its supposed to be two (that's what has been stated by cryptic) but the restriction doesn't kick in until you've completed two dailies. Ergo: slotting another after the first isn't prohibited by the system (it doesn't cancel the "invalid" 3rd daily).
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    hypl wrote: »

Sounds like another one of those "one weird trick"s you have to do in the game, like putting search settings on Lieutenant in Exchange in order to get the ACTUAL low prices to display.

I'll avoid doing any more hourlys for a day to allow cooldown and then give that method a try. Thanks.

UPDATE: Gave it a try and IT WORKS! Thanks again!