test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF Contraband Marauding Missions

tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Klingon Discussion
Ever since the new sector space has come out I've not been able to find a single contraband mission. Like a freighter or facility attack etc. Anyone know what happened to these. Qa'pla my fellow warriors.
Post edited by tomgonjinn23 on

Comments

• Options
    lblackmoorlblackmoor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've had good results looking on my first officer or on the general missions near the Hromi Cluster. Also the space near DS9 is a prime location for me.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Visit the "old sector blocks" as they were drawn on the map before and then look at your department head. They are there and most of them in the same sectors you found them before. They just don't seem to be showing up in the general list. Most all of the old blocks ran Left to Right. Remember that Sirius and Regulus ran Top to Bottom.

This is an old map found on Google Images. I've been finding them more or less where they used to be as if these borders still existed. http://i4.minus.com/ibqeoWW23mJ5GR.png

EDIT: Please note that this map has artist additions. Some of these sectors were not there.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They're still there, you just have to go hunting for them. Which is appropriate I feel.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The contraband missions have not gone anywhere (just go where you used to.)

However now most assignments of interest are kept in the departmental tabs of the DOFF UI. In this case, your first officer. Ditto for engineering, ops, tac, medical, and sci.

The compensation is that there are many more assignments listed in those tabs now.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    jadicusjadicus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    To find your marauding missions you'll need to keep your Quadrant map and your Doff Ui open.

Reference the maps here. http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/33eyli/sector_space_doff_regions/

Using Beta Quadrant as an example, keeping both of the aformentioned windows open, fly slowly from the Gorath sector to the Qonos Sector LINE. If the internal timers are down for available missions, you will see the missions on the Doff UI flicker from one set to another set upon approaching the Sector LINE. If you're unfortunate enough to have it change to a third set, that means you've gone over. Back up some distance, go over it again slowly. Start and stop if you must. This is how you will find ALL the missions.

When you go to the First Officer missions, you'll see they'll have changed also, if you hit the "in between" mark right. This is how i find my 15-18 maruading missions (there's more, but two assignments are always being used for turn in and the 1k veteran dilithium mission).

Go from Gorath sector, to Qonos, to Archanis. From Archanis, make your way north to Rator, doing exactly what i said while approaching the Sector Lines. The further north you go, the more the "in between" doff missions will be offset northward from the line. Just go slow when you're near the lines and you'll find them.

If you haven't filled up your Marauding Contraband missions by then (usually you will, especially after a 20-24 hour period in between farming), you can go from Rator and move Westward to the Vulcan Sector. Some people go from the Xarantine Sector and move westward to Risa.

This sounds like a hassle, and yes it is. Sometimes I don't get all the "in between" missions, or I suppose they were never there to begin with. After some practice you can do it pretty quickly. The best thing of course would be for them to fix this. Happy Contrabanding!:D
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I fly back and forth in these areas with pretty good success.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just click, Department Heads, First Officer, select said marauding missions, click begin, and the move on with my day.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Roughly a quick summary guide(pick up all the freigher, raid, etc that offer contraband rewards under marauding and then where prisoners have better odds than what the security officer claims under military forced labor doff missions).

Take off from qo'nos using the fleet starbase as a stopping point.

Then I believe it is xarantine or whatever then after you have your missions picked up there.

Just go all the way to ds9 picking them up as you go along and then i usually park them at security officer on ds9 after that. Since I do 18 of them every other day when I do play. Pretty much I've grinded this game so much if I do login i just doff and then not do anything else.