test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guramba fleet version

baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Klingon Discussion
Just a quick question: Is the Guramba the only T5(U) ship in the game without a fleet version, or did I miss something?

I'm still flying one, but it would be a shame if there was an pgrade available that I'm not aware of.
Go pro or go home
Post edited by baudl on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No, there isn't a fleet version. Same for other KDF ships they've never given upgraded and/or fleet versions.

So, I dunno if you can upgrade it or not (haven't upgraded mine since I only use it rarely and have other ships for other characters), but there is for sure no fleet version.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    baudl wrote: »
    Just a quick question: Is the Guramba the only T5(U) ship in the game without a fleet version, or did I miss something?

I'm still flying one, but it would be a shame if there was an pgrade available that I'm not aware of.

The Hegh'ta BOP has no C-Store or Fleet version.

The Marauder FDC and Guramba Siege Destroyer is at the C-Store but has no Fleet version.

The Negh'Var never got a C-Store version until very recently at T6. So the Fleet T5 version costs 4 FSMs.

These Fleet T5 ships never had a C-Store version so they costed a full 4 FSMs:
    Norgh BOP
    Negh'Var Battlecruiser (only T6)
    Hoh'Sus BOP
    Somraw Raptor
    Qin Raptor
    K'T'Inga Battlecruiser
    Kamarag Battlecruiser
    Vor'Cha Battlecruiser
    Scourge Destroyer
    Corsair FDC
    Vo'Quv Carrier

Which is pretty much most of our endgame ships.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    really bitter...though I can live with it, since the javeline is pretty badass and it comes without "wasting" a console slot.
    But still, a little bit unfair considering the galaxy dreadnought got a regular fleet version.
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Hegh'ta BOP has no C-Store or Fleet version.

The Marauder FDC and Guramba Siege Destroyer is at the C-Store but has no Fleet version.

The Negh'Var never got a C-Store version until very recently at T6. So the Fleet T5 version costs 4 FSMs.

These Fleet T5 ships never had a C-Store version so they costed a full 4 FSMs:
    Norgh BOP
    Negh'Var Battlecruiser (only T6)
    Hoh'Sus BOP
    Somraw Raptor
    Qin Raptor
    K'T'Inga Battlecruiser
    Kamarag Battlecruiser
    Vor'Cha Battlecruiser
    Scourge Destroyer
    Corsair FDC
    Vo'Quv Carrier

Which is pretty much most of our endgame ships.

The Marauder upgrade is the Corsair. Which has a Fleet version.

The Fleet version of the Corsair is upgradable to T5-U. The regular version is not. All ships that cost Zen are upgradable.

Non upgradable.
    Mirror vessels
    Ships that cost only Dilithium
    Token ships from leveling.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    trennan wrote: »

Nope, those are two different ships. Corsair is T4, Maruader is T5.
    It's like saying the Vor'cha is an upgrade to the Negh'var.:)
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015

It's a different layout...it's not the upgrade - it's a different ship. There's the Fleet non-Fleet Corsair and the Fleet Corsair.

Guramba
    Marauder
    D'Kyr

Are the three C-Store boats without a Fleet variant.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The Marauder upgrade is the Corsair. Which has a Fleet version

The Corsair is NOT a Marauder FDC. Can you use the Marauder skin on the Corsair? They're both Orion-fashioned FDCs but they are 2 different ships entirely. If you own the Marauder FDC like I do, the Corsair is still going to cost you 4 damn FSMs.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Corsair is NOT a Marauder FDC. Can you use the Marauder skin on the Corsair? They're both Orion-fashioned FDCs but they are 2 different ships entirely. If you own the Marauder FDC like I do, the Corsair is still going to cost you 4 damn FSMs.

Still think it's twisted what they did there with the Dacoit, Corsair, Marauder, (fleet) Corsair, and Fleet Corsair.

T3 Dacoit

X, X
    X, X, X
    X

X, X
    X

T4 Corsair

X, X
    X, X, X, X
    X, X

X, X
    X

T5 Marauder

X, X
    X, X, X, X
    X, X, X

X, X
    X

T5 (fleet) Corsair Retrofit

X, X
    X, X, X, X
    X, X, X

X, X
    X

T5 Fleet Corsair Retrofit

X, X
    X, X, X, X
    X

X, X, X
    X, X

Everything showing that progression...

Dacoit -> Corsair? +Cmdr Eng & +Lt Eng
    Corsair -> Marauder/(fleet) Corsair? +LCdr Eng
    Fleet Corsair? Lolwut?

They could have done (fleet) Dacoit Retrofit and Feet Dacoit Retrofit using that Sci'ish layout of the Fleet Corsair, cause that would be a potential path from the T3 Dacoit.

Meh, old wounds...old discussions...

...as for the Guramba, if they decide to do a Fed Destroyer that's better than the Guramba, they might do a T6 version of it, eh?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Nope, those are two different ships. Corsair is T4, Maruader is T5.
    It's like saying the Vor'cha is an upgrade to the Negh'var.:)

Yes. the regular corsair is t4. The fleet version is t5.

corsair FDC costs 200,000 fleet creds. Means non-upgradable.

Fleet corsair, 20,000 flett creds, but costs the flet ship tokens. There for making it upgradable.

Let me grab the list of upgradable ships I found. Whil ei try to get my launcher to progress pass loading and actually let me play.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7002163

Go have a look and see what I mean.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Still think it's twisted what they did there with the Dacoit, Corsair, Marauder, (fleet) Corsair, and Fleet Corsair.

*snipped Cryptic's ****ed up KDF ship progression to save space*

Everything showing that progression...

Dacoit -> Corsair? +Cmdr Eng & +Lt Eng
    Corsair -> Marauder/(fleet) Corsair? +LCdr Eng
    Fleet Corsair? Lolwut?

They could have done (fleet) Dacoit Retrofit and Feet Dacoit Retrofit using that Sci'ish layout of the Fleet Corsair, cause that would be a potential path from the T3 Dacoit.

Meh, old wounds...old discussions...

...as for the Guramba, if they decide to do a Fed Destroyer that's better than the Guramba, they might do a T6 version of it, eh?

They had no idea what they were doing for the KDF when they implemented the Fleet Starbase/Ship System. I felt between the Fed & KDF selections, there were far more useful Fed ones for different styles of play. And most of them you could get with 1 FSM. Not so with the KDF. Almost our entire T5 Fleet selection costs 4 damn FSMs.

The Orion progression is so ****ed up beyond reason. Worse than the KDF T5 Fleet Destroyers and Raptors (and those did horribly, almost nobody bought them when we were facing 5 TAC Defiants and Prometheus). It truly deserves a Picard Double Facepalm. I would have preferred if the Orion FDCs were along these lines:
    - Dacoit - ENG/TAC FDC
    - Marauder - Heavy ENG FDC
    - Corsair - ENG/SCI FDC

Well damn, that was simple, wasn't it? If only Cryptic actually had someone play the KDF and knew a thing or two about the faction.

And the Orion, Gorn, and Nausicaan ships will probably never see the light of T6.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    They had no idea what they were doing for the KDF when they implemented the Fleet Starbase/Ship System. I felt between the Fed & KDF selections, there were far more useful Fed ones for different styles of play. And most of them you could get with 1 FSM. Not so with the KDF. Almost our entire T5 Fleet selection costs 4 damn FSMs.

The Orion progression is so ****ed up beyond reason. Worse than the KDF T5 Fleet Destroyers and Raptors (and those did horribly, almost nobody bought them when we were facing 5 TAC Defiants and Prometheus). It truly deserves a Picard Double Facepalm. I would have preferred if the Orion FDCs were along these lines:
    - Dacoit - ENG/TAC FDC
    - Marauder - Heavy ENG FDC
    - Corsair - ENG/SCI FDC

Well damn, that was simple, wasn't it? If only Cryptic actually had someone play the KDF and knew a thing or two about the faction.

And the Orion, Gorn, and Nausicaan ships will probably never see the light of T6.

Sort of like I have going in the my Syndicate Science ship thread? check it out. The idea has grown. Could use all the help we can get on it. We may never see any of it in game. But it does show the devs what we're actually looking for in ships if nothing else.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The gurumba is easily the best designed ship in the game and probably the most desired at t6 outside of or at least on par with a bop...they obviously don't like money!
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You didn't get the memo? KDF is like Windows 98. It may still run on your computer but Microsoft ain't going to update anything for it, and most new programs are not useable by it....
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    baudl wrote: »
    really bitter...though I can live with it, since the javeline is pretty badass and it comes without "wasting" a console slot.
    But still, a little bit unfair considering the galaxy dreadnought got a regular fleet version.

Yeah...owned the Guramba for a long time...definitely before LoR...makes me sad that there never was a fleet version and likely is never to be one...

But hey they love Feds! :rolleyes:

Its stupid...I mean they don't even need to make a new skin for it (Since they didn't make a new skin for any of the Non-Klingon ships.)