test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR-116B requirements

madmartinmanmadmartinman Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Federation Discussion
Hi peeps,

This is going to sound like a real noob question, but what exactly are the requirements to equip the TR-116B sniper rifle?

I ask because I managed to acquire one on the Exchange, whose tooltip lists the rank requirement as Rear Admiral, Upper Half - but the screenshot of the same tooltip on the STO wiki shows the requirement as Vice Admiral. I'm leaning toward the in-game tooltip I saw being wrong because I've reached the necessary rank but I can't equip the weapon - that being said, I'm asking to clarify the whole thing.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi peeps,

This is going to sound like a real noob question, but what exactly are the requirements to equip the TR-116B sniper rifle?

I ask because I managed to acquire one on the Exchange, whose tooltip lists the rank requirement as Rear Admiral, Upper Half - but the screenshot of the same tooltip on the STO wiki shows the requirement as Vice Admiral. I'm leaning toward the in-game tooltip I saw being wrong because I've reached the necessary rank but I can't equip the weapon - that being said, I'm asking to clarify the whole thing.

I do not own one of these TR-116B rifles but.....

When I have questions about who can equip which gear I look on this chart in the Wiki....

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mark
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The minimum equipment level of the TR-116B is Mk12, which should be equipable on a level 50 character, but there have been exceptions to that rule before. However, you may have purchased one that's been upgraded to Mk13 or Mk14 (or the screenshot from the wiki is of one of those), which would change the minimum equip rank.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi peeps,

Don't forget the 8mil EC doff that you need.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Don't forget the 8mil EC doff that you need.

Why buy the doff when you can just buy the gun for cheaper! VR TR-116B runs any where between 2-4 mil. Also I will trade one to anyone that brings me the crafting material in exchange for one.
    320x240.jpg
  • Options
    kiardraskiardras Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had my toon at the right level to equip, but I had crafted an Ultra Rare, and it wouldn't let me equip until the next level mark. It was still a Mk12, I just assumed as it was UR it meant I couldn't use it for another 5 levels.