test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

fatal error : direct 3D (Hung, Invalidcall, device removed, etc)

Comments

• firedeval465firedeval465 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    captain145 wrote: »
    I have tried everything I have a windows 8.1 and I keep getting the message it has been removedFatal Error Drirect3d driver returned error code
    (DXIGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REVOMED and I don't know what else to do

With windows 8.1 - Bypass Arc like in dscription. Whenyou get to the launcher, Righ tclick, choose compatibility, and then run in compatibility mode for windows 7. See if that changes anything.

Make sure to run as administrator.
  • dancesondragonsdancesondragons Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sammyspet1 wrote: »

they are only human and bring out new stuff is good, if you was a old player you would know better.... and you lot wonder why some of them dont care, you lot throw everything back at them they do something nice and you give them TRIBBLE... not just you but everyone! people in this game make me ashamed to be a star trek fan, you lot are giving star trek a bad name and you will prove my point when you all dissagree and try and troll this with your own little veiws.

How is it any good if it doesn't work? Your logic is really suspect here, hoss. It's not very bright of you to blame the people upset over this when it isn't their fault that the game they've grown fond of suddenly doesn't work any more.
  • atlantisman1atlantisman1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi Cryptic,

I just wanted to thank you for all your wonderful support...

Having played this game for over 3 years and spending £100s on it, I really appreciate it that you have done NOTHING to help those of us with technical problems that YOU have caused.

I am one of the latest victims. Ever since you released the first patch to Season 10, I have been unable to play the game. I have followed the advice on this thread and uninstalled/reinstalled the game (3x!!!) moved from Steam to Arc and back again to Steam, updated my drivers to the latest version, tried to run the game "as administator" (see threads above!) and still get the wonderful message:

Fatal Error: Direct 3D Driver returned error code.(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.
    Technical details: sync query 90x92d99c0 get Data == 0x887a 0005 0NF D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887 a0006

So, once again I would really like to thank you for all your help, and on behalf of all the others you have helped with the same issue. We really appreciate that all the time and money we have invested in playing the game has been repaid by the manner in which you have helped us all.

All the best, you will find me playing World of Tanks!!
  • lmsapsin34474lmsapsin34474 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Howdy all,
    Well it is now day 4 of server crashing on THE ICONION WAR LOGO. It says MATERIAL FILES RELOADED then crashes and then I get this!

FATAL ERROR: DIRECT 3D DRIVER RETURENED ERROR CODE
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) WHILE CHECKING SYNC QUERY

TECHNICAL DETAILS: SYNC QUERY 11 0X2012BE40 GETDATA == 0X887A00050
    NF 0
    D3D11 DEVICE REMOVED DUE TO DXGI_ERROR_HUNG 0X887A006

I have tried everything to fix this on my end and nothing works. I have tried uninstslling ARC and reinstalling deleting ARC installing LAUNCHER by itself, FORCE VERIFY and SAFE MODE like I said nothing works. I have sent TICKETS in and posted here in FORUMS several times about this issue. I know there has been 3 server maintances but this issue is not being fixed. I know there are a lot of people not able to play since SEASON 10 launch. I feel this issue is being ignored why is it taking so long to be fixed. I am to the point of stop playing for good just please fix this issue.

Thanks
    Admiral Lee Sapsin
    Fleet Leader Tssk Force 415
  • splash1701splash1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been dealing with Tech Support for days now and they also tried to tell me that I need to have my computer serviced to resolve this issue. I have tried EVERYTHING in this forum and still get EXACTLY the same Fatal Error message.

For me...the game does launch and will play in Safe Mode. From the STO "Engage" window (not Arc), click on Options (upper right). In OPTIONS, scroll down to GAME and select SAFE MODE. Then click SAVE and ENGAGE. Do not expand the window until the game fully loads. The graphics will not be as good but you can at least play if you want. Best of luck!

LLAP
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have you tried running STO without Arc/Steam? If not, navigte to the directory of installation, right click the STO client and run as administrator. See if that works.

I ask you to do the same. Navigate to the directory of installation, right click the STO client and run as administrator without using arc/steam. See if that has any effect on error code given or if it fixes it.

FYI I am not using ARC/stean only the Orginal Lancher just to let you know also ty for your help
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I get in game, but if I try and change characters in the character select, or open any of the game UI windows, it crashes. I get no error messages, no warning. Just CTD.

Anyone have any ideas? Cryptic seems to be all out.
  • pmaddenpmadden Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi folks, I have discovered a temporary fix for this issue, (at least it works for me)

for me its been booting to desktop with this Error message once I get to the Iconian War loading screen, but I tried this and it works for a day, once I log out I have to do it again, so as I said Temporary fix.

On the Launcher select options and in the "GAME" Section select "Full Screen"

This makes everything ingame larger, but will allow you to get to the toon selection screen.

Once at the toon selection screen you can click options in the bottom right and change back to windowed maximized to set everything back to normal.

Hope this helps those who cant even get into game.

once again I will stress its a TEMPORARY fix, that works for me.
  • maywynd1288maywynd1288 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've also been having the DGXI device hung issues since I downloaded Season 10.
    I've done everything, updated all of everything on my computer... But still get this CTD and error 2 seconds into the Iconian War loading screen.

I fixed it by deleting GamePrefs.pref everytime I went to load the launcher, took the few minutes everytime I got on to change my settings back to the way I want them, which isn't a big deal, I don't mind doing this, as long as I get to play, right?

Today, that fix stopped working, now even when I delete the pref file, it still CTD at the Iconian War screen after materials reloaded pops up on the bottom. It's very frustrating. For the few years I've been playing this game, I've supported Cryptic, through all the hate and criticism.

After doing my research, I've found it also happened after the release of Season 7, and PWE themselves admitted there was a memory leak. Is that what's going on here?
    Noone can say that it's my computer or that I, myself, am to blame, because World of ********, Guild Wars 2, and Skyrim load up and play just fine, all on Ultra, High, and Medium settings respectively.

I'm not moaning and complaining, I just want to enjoy a video game that I've put ALOT of money into on my day off from work. I'm also not asking for any kind of compensation, but at least an acknowledgment of this issue would nice. If I saw it on the list of known issues, I'd be a happy camper, but it seems like nothing's being done about it.

There, I said it, I hate going on forums about this kind of stuff, but - like i said - it's very frustrating. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Starfleet: Endar Telvanni (Main), Eight of Twelve (Delta), Three of Five, Parmaq Tera'vo'
    KDF: Lok'tar Ogar, Kasumi T'Soni (Delta)
    Romulan: Five of Seven
  • gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You guys should really stop comparing this game with another game. They have different set of developers. They are using different game engines. In fact, there is almost nothing similar with games developed by different development companies. You ARE comparing apples to oranges to grapes, worst, you are comparing apples to cabbages! It just won't work.

Read this thread. There are players claiming "This game and that game doesn't have this problem, only STO!" Then another set of players are claiming "This error is common in a lot of games!" Do you know what's funny? There are some of you who claimed both statements down the line. Only shows you are posting whatever comes to your mind because suddenly, you're contradicting yourself.

Question then. Who do we believe? The "This is unique STO" camp or the "this happens to different games too" camp? Should we even believe those who seem to be a member of both camps?

In other words, STOP comparing. Period. There is nothing to compare.

Now let's get down to business.

First, this is DirectX AND graphics card related, open this link: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DXGI_ERROR_

Second, read this straight from Microsoft: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb509553(v=vs.85).aspx

Third, let's analyze it:

It appears that DXGI_ERRORs are caused by either or a combination of
    1. Faulty graphics card -- no one cares if you bought your card just now. It doesn't mean you did not receive a card with factory defects or a card that was returned to them and resold to you. It happens.
    2. Improperly slotted graphics card -- or loosed, so check it (if you bought your system ready made, DO NOT OPEN it yourself, you might void your warranty)
    3. Faulty graphics card driver -- uninstall your current graphics driver, then download the latest DIRECTLY from your graphics manufacturer (NOT some automated software like "Windoze Update")
    4. Faulty DirectX installation -- check Microsoft and download a standalone installer. If it's not available for your OS (example Windoze 8 doesn't have a standalone DirectX installer), then check if you have the latest or if there's an option to reinstall
    5. Reboot, reboot, always reboot
    6. If you're overclocked, you better checked you're not overheating
    7. If you're overclocked, it's also better to test your system under normal clock speed
    8. If you're overclocked, checked all your clock speeds are the same -- CPU, graphics card, etc.
    9. If you're underclocked, why?! Put it back to normal clock speeds! You shouldn't be playing graphics intensive games on an underclocked system (CPU, GPU, etc.)
    10. If you have to reinstall, then reinstall. When you reinstall, make sure that you do a CLEAN installation. Meaning, Uninstall, then reboot, then delete all remnant folders and registry settings. Then reboot again. Make sure you remove the folders and registry settings set by Arc, Steam, etc. if you have all of it installed with STO -- because Windoze gets easily confused. Then reboot once more. Sometimes you have to reboot twice for registry changes to take effect. Blame Microsoft for that. If you're dealing with Windoze, rebooting repeatedly comes very, very handy.

If you've done ALL of the above. As in literally, ALL of it, no skipping, no "I've tried it before" (when?), no "my game {put game title here} works so I'm sure it's not it" (seriously? no comparing right?), no "I'm a tech guy for TRIBBLE years" (EVERY case is unique). DO IT ALL.

If all of it failed, then that's the only time you should confess your undying love of STO.

But wait, there's more!

NOT because another player confessed his/her undying love of STO does it mean you automatically qualify to do the same. You must do all those 10 checklist yourself before you confess. No, seriously, do it. We don't want to confess our love then we say "oops" wrong confession.
    [ Home | Bio | Send me a gift! ]
    [ Blog: YOOki Chronicles ]
    [ Verify me: Keybase | OpenPGP ]

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
    edited April 2015
    Try this people:

Open your STO game launcher and click Options. Scroll down to the bottom and type this in the CommandLine field:
    -d3d11Enable 0

Do it like this:
    1. Launch the game via Arc or Steam (if you have both, then test it on both)
    2. Add the commandline I posted above

If it failed then:
    1. Launch the game directly by going to the folder where Arc or Steam installed the game

Update:
    If it still failed then do this:
    1. Launch the game launcher
    2. Go to options again
    3. Activate Safe Mode
    4. Add the commandline
    5. Go to the game's in-game video card setting
    6. Make sure you select the lowest DirectX version, = DirectX9
    7. Save
    8. Restart the whole client (don't just logout)

Then reply here what happened.

"Someone should do a story where a Horta meets a Vorta. And then they find a portal to Vorta-Vor and become immortal. Sorta." ~Christopher L. Bennett
  • harryhausenharryhausen Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gameshogun wrote: »
    Try this people:

Open your STO game launcher and click Options. Scroll down to the bottom and type this in the CommandLine field:
    -d3d11Enable 0

This worked perfectly. One you boot up like this in DirectX 9, you can crank your graphic settings back up to max, and the game still performs perfectly well with no crashes. So, the issue must be either with DX11, STO, or the two not playing well with each other. But after playing a bit, I really haven't lost much, if anything, noticeable under DX9 with max settings.

BridgeBOPSTIII.jpg

edited April 2015
    Try this people:

-d3d11Enable 0

Do it like this:
    1. Launch the game via Arc or Steam (if you have both, then test it on both)

If it failed then:
    1. Launch the game directly by going to the folder where Arc or Steam installed the game

Update:
    If it still failed then do this:
    1. Launch the game launcher
    2. Go to options again
    3. Activate Safe Mode
    4. Add the commandline
    5. Go to the game's in-game video card setting
    6. Make sure you select the lowest DirectX version, = DirectX9
    7. Save
    8. Restart the whole client (don't just logout)

Then reply here what happened.

Tech Support Sent me this info today as a fix. Yes it does work, but it also tell me Directx 11 never has worked with STO.

So the Big Question here is why Directx 11 is not supported, since this CMD removes that Display option, and when will Directx 11 be supported playing STO?
  • klynn168klynn168 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kirisee wrote: »
    I'm getting random ctd or just shuts the whole computer down. This only started since last weeks patch...cant play now....great!

i too havent had this problem until the release of the latest update,i keep seeing cryptic say its not the game!!!! okay then wat is causeing this,i have the lates driver updates,running windows 8.1....on an HP lapptop ive never had any issues with until now..soooo am i looking at looseing my toons an entire history on sto now because apperently thers a problem know one knows how to solve with this issue???? i have been in game since it started an to not beable to get into MY game is sooo totaly HEARTBREAKING and down right frustraiting,,this is only game i play online...
    edited April 2015
    so im lost then..????? this is it...????
    edited April 2015
    starmanj wrote: »
    Tech Support Sent me this info today as a fix. Yes it does work, but it also tell me Directx 11 never has worked with STO.

So the Big Question here is why Directx 11 is not supported, since this CMD removes that Display option, and when will Directx 11 be supported playing STO?

i have tried this fix an nothing works,,i dont get it ..
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    for anyone with Nvidia card,
    and problems,

a new item has been added under graphics for nvidia. see if it does anything for you. It did for my freind, who before had to elogin at every character change, AFTER he managed to find something here to let him login.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2015
    klynn168 wrote: »
    i too havent had this problem until the release of the latest update,i keep seeing cryptic say its not the game!!!! okay then wat is causeing this,i have the lates driver updates,running windows 8.1....on an HP lapptop ive never had any issues with until now..soooo am i looking at looseing my toons an entire history on sto now because apperently thers a problem know one knows how to solve with this issue???? i have been in game since it started an to not beable to get into MY game is sooo totaly HEARTBREAKING and down right frustraiting,,this is only game i play online...

i have tried the fix's i saw posted an none of em workd,,5 years playin,2 on current toon,and now looks like im gonna loose it all .wats the alternative here,go out buy a brand new lapptop when mine is barely a year old? spend tons of cash for wat? so totaly disgusted here..cant afford a shiney new desk top OR a new lapptop,,this needs to be corrected or i c a lot of players lost..
    edited April 2015
    You guys should really stop comparing this game with another game. They have different set of developers. They are using different game engines. In fact, there is almost nothing similar with games developed by different development companies. You ARE comparing apples to oranges to grapes, worst, you are comparing apples to cabbages! It just won't work.

Read this thread. There are players claiming "This game and that game doesn't have this problem, only STO!" Then another set of players are claiming "This error is common in a lot of games!" Do you know what's funny? There are some of you who claimed both statements down the line. Only shows you are posting whatever comes to your mind because suddenly, you're contradicting yourself.

Question then. Who do we believe? The "This is unique STO" camp or the "this happens to different games too" camp? Should we even believe those who seem to be a member of both camps?

In other words, STOP comparing. Period. There is nothing to compare.

Now let's get down to business.

First, this is DirectX AND graphics card related, open this link: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DXGI_ERROR_

Second, read this straight from Microsoft: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb509553(v=vs.85).aspx

Third, let's analyze it:

It appears that DXGI_ERRORs are caused by either or a combination of
    1. Faulty graphics card -- no one cares if you bought your card just now. It doesn't mean you did not receive a card with factory defects or a card that was returned to them and resold to you. It happens.
    2. Improperly slotted graphics card -- or loosed, so check it (if you bought your system ready made, DO NOT OPEN it yourself, you might void your warranty)
    3. Faulty graphics card driver -- uninstall your current graphics driver, then download the latest DIRECTLY from your graphics manufacturer (NOT some automated software like "Windoze Update")
    4. Faulty DirectX installation -- check Microsoft and download a standalone installer. If it's not available for your OS (example Windoze 8 doesn't have a standalone DirectX installer), then check if you have the latest or if there's an option to reinstall
    5. Reboot, reboot, always reboot
    6. If you're overclocked, you better checked you're not overheating
    7. If you're overclocked, it's also better to test your system under normal clock speed
    8. If you're overclocked, checked all your clock speeds are the same -- CPU, graphics card, etc.
    9. If you're underclocked, why?! Put it back to normal clock speeds! You shouldn't be playing graphics intensive games on an underclocked system (CPU, GPU, etc.)
    10. If you have to reinstall, then reinstall. When you reinstall, make sure that you do a CLEAN installation. Meaning, Uninstall, then reboot, then delete all remnant folders and registry settings. Then reboot again. Make sure you remove the folders and registry settings set by Arc, Steam, etc. if you have all of it installed with STO -- because Windoze gets easily confused. Then reboot once more. Sometimes you have to reboot twice for registry changes to take effect. Blame Microsoft for that. If you're dealing with Windoze, rebooting repeatedly comes very, very handy.

If you've done ALL of the above. As in literally, ALL of it, no skipping, no "I've tried it before" (when?), no "my game {put game title here} works so I'm sure it's not it" (seriously? no comparing right?), no "I'm a tech guy for TRIBBLE years" (EVERY case is unique). DO IT ALL.

If all of it failed, then that's the only time you should confess your undying love of STO.

But wait, there's more!

NOT because another player confessed his/her undying love of STO does it mean you automatically qualify to do the same. You must do all those 10 checklist yourself before you confess. No, seriously, do it. We don't want to confess our love then we say "oops" wrong confession.
    i AM a die hard sto fan,,and i HAVE done everything i know to do,i have an enclosed system(lapptop) barely a year old,500gigs of ram,active direct X...soo could you kindly tell me if ther IS something else i can do other than jut forget it n move onto a new game an forget the HUNDREDS of dollars ive spent on my tons over the past couple years,,this is maddning,,and sooo totaly fkd up i dont know how to stop screaming.
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For hopefully the benefit of others, atlantisman1 from page 16 solved his issue by starting the game in safe mode (via the game launcher).

Once in, changed his video setting for DirectX from "Auto" to "DirectX 9ex".
    Quit game, launched it again without safe mode, and all was well again. Just had to reset some video performance sliders.

Might help someone else out there.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
    edited April 2015
    I understand that you are encountering an error message when loading the game. Please locate and delete the gameprefs.pref file on the game's installation folder: <install_dir>\Perfect World Entertainment\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata\gameprefs.pref

Kindly note that deleting this file will reset all your game preferences including keybinds, audio, and video settings to default. Afterwards, do a force verification of your game files. To do this,

1) First, shut down your PC and wait a few minutes. Then restart your PC.
    2) Start the game launcher, and click on "Options" that can be found on the upper right side of the launcher window.
    3) Under the "Patching" section, put a check mark on the "Force Verify" option on the game and select "Save". Let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also re-download any files that don't match.
    4) This will take some time. Please be patient.
    5) After this process is done..

1. Launch the STO game launcher
    2. Click "Options" at the upper-right area of the launcher
    3. Scroll down to "Command Line"
    4. Enter: -d3d11Enable 0
    5. Click the "Save button"

This should fix your problems
  • siriusmusictownsiriusmusictown Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    darpink wrote: »
    From the Launcher (not Arc), Options, Safe Mode.
    When I get in game, Options, Display, change it from DirectX11 to Dx9, click ok.
    Close game.
    Reload Launcher and login, once in game go to Options, Graphics, change any setting I want to change and play with no problem.

Seems it did the same thing for a while after the launch of New Romulus!! Old issue coming back to haunt us. :P

Where is this option? I wonder if I am playing the same game, because I don't even have that option listed in the Display tab or the Graphics tab (or any of the tabs...I have been looking).

I keep seeing errors related to D3D11 HUNG et cetera. I can roll back my graphics drivers now to 2 versions ago (2013, on an NVidea card) and the game mostly runs with only occasional CTD.

The official support email suggestions that I restart my computer was hilarious by the way. I thought that only happened in Dilbert, but I guess it really does happen IRL.
  • cptjaneway2011cptjaneway2011 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Where is this option? I wonder if I am playing the same game, because I don't even have that option listed in the Display tab or the Graphics tab (or any of the tabs...I have been looking).

I keep seeing errors related to D3D11 HUNG et cetera. I can roll back my graphics drivers now to 2 versions ago (2013, on an NVidea card) and the game mostly runs with only occasional CTD.

The official support email suggestions that I restart my computer was hilarious by the way. I thought that only happened in Dilbert, but I guess it really does happen IRL.

it's in the options setting of the launcher top right hand corner next to support
  • unkonowunkonow Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am having the same problem as most of you.
    if know any think about this code message me aspa
    here is what the code say sync query 130x3ec5180 getdata== x88760874 0 F 0

been trying to get into game now its saying technical details sync query 3 0x3fa8b20 get data==0x8876874 0F0

update it now say syne guery 110x89ec200 get data ==0x88760874 O F O
  • rekeebrekeeb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Soooooo ....

Nothing new. Still can't log in. Still can't play.

Frustrated beyond belief.

All I want to do is PLAY.
    Fleet Battle Cruiser Presto
    T6 Tac Command Battlecruiser Roll The Bones
    Xindi Aquatic Narcine Dreadnaught Carrier Different Stages
    IVXX Senior Officer

edited May 2015
    is just me or now the music is playing in the background of the page where star trek season 10 game is ?:confused:
  • executorpacoexecutorpaco Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Going on almost 3 weeks and still can't play. Just what the Hell was changed with season 10 that caused this problem???
    edited May 2015
    For those who still cannot play, have you tried the solutions offered in this thread? At least one worked for the other players.

A checklist of what you've tried might help the other readers of this thread to provide input. Someone out there might have other ideas.

• rekeebrekeeb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    From my error and crash logs:

140327 17:00:31 16 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GSM_Quit(). Reason: emEditorMain or utilitiesLibShouldQuit()

150422 00:01:49 14 Client[0 [NOENT]]: Pixel shader (Deferred_Shadow_D3d11_0_9_C0_T1_Poisson_Shadows_Stereoscopic__Ec14e90f) creation FAILED - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

Not sure if this will help anyone else - it sure hasn't done much to help me figure out a way to at least log in and attempt to change the in-game settings.
    Fleet Battle Cruiser Presto
    T6 Tac Command Battlecruiser Roll The Bones
    Xindi Aquatic Narcine Dreadnaught Carrier Different Stages
    IVXX Senior Officer

edited May 2015
    the game was working fine this morning and last night around 9 ish now it messing up
    hey today code (D3DERRDIVCEHUNG)
    technical details sync query 7 0x7815320 get data==0x88760874 0 f0

4 may
    technical details sync query 4 0x36d300 getdata == 0x88760847 o fo
    2 0x441c4e0 getdata==0x88760874 of o