test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix the Lags

c1cer0c1cer0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
Dear Devs. Put everything aside. We want no new Missions, Ships, Doffs, Rep, Spec Tree or whatever is currently on your brilliant minds.

J-..-.-.u,,,.,.s,..,t,.,.,.,//Fi.....x......the.....:o:o....the....the...Dam..:confused::confused:....Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags
Post edited by c1cer0 on

Comments

• Options
    newnjanewnja Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Indeed.........
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    Please, oh please!
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Dev's don't all work on the same thing different people work on different projects.
    Not to mention the Devs have already posted about the Lag and told us it was because of certain abilities and traits that were causing it, this will be worked on but will take time.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Temporarily lay off anyone not capable of working on lag problem.

Hire additional help to fix lag problem.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think the problem is they have absolutely no clue how to fix it. Cryptic never disappoints after all.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They have already stated the 3 problems for the lag. Unfortunately one of them is changing/redesigning a bunch of Traits which are causing problems with some maps. That is going to take time.

What they should do is simply deactivate all Traits for the next few weeks. Make it impossible for anyone to use any Traits until they are all redesigned and retested. But oh the forum grumbling that would cause. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I think the problem is they have absolutely no clue how to fix it. Cryptic never disappoints after all.

You act as if STO is the only game with bugs, You want to see what a true buggy game is like? Go play Firefall and then tell me STO has problems.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    They have already stated the 3 problems for the lag. Unfortunately one of them is changing/redesigning a bunch of Traits which are causing problems with some maps. That is going to take time.

What they should do is simply deactivate all Traits for the next few weeks. Make it impossible for anyone to use any Traits until they are all redesigned and retested. But oh the forum grumbling that would cause. :)

From what I understand: they can create a complete functional build on Redshirt and fix it before simply importing it to Holodeck so no deactivation needed, just motivation for less than eager programmers.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Temporarily lay off anyone not capable of working on lag problem.

Hire additional help to fix lag problem.

So you want to people to be kicked out of their jobs to fix something what inconveniences your daily life?

There is no reasoning anymore...

I just...

No...
  • Options
    stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd love to play the new missions or do the replays, but it's not possible during most times of the day because the lag makes moving impossible.
    It has gotten better though. I can reliably log in again - it takes quite a bit of time and i occasionally get timed out but at least i can start the game again.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    From what I understand: they can create a complete functional build on Redshirt and fix it before simply importing it to Holodeck so no deactivation needed, just motivation for less than eager programmers.
    That is what they did to cause the problem. Unfortunately Redshirt does not take into account thousands of people using the same Traits at the same time in specific maps. All these Traits need to be completely rebuilt, and then tested against other Traits to make certain there is no additional lag. That is going to take more then a day or two. It took them weeks to even find the problem.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One of the major contenders of the lag is their servers. They absolutely need to get a new provider one that doesn't have hampsters inside the machines!

I think we should petition PWE to get them new servers both for STO and NWO!
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    one problem is the new command skills (ships); each time that i do a stf with command ships, i have "misfire" and lag.

i did ISA with 2 command ships, that was crazy, i had to push 3 times on APB or "emergency to weapon", if i wanted to use them; and sometimes, i fired on a sphere but nothing; no effects, etc. i was in a good team, but we failed, impossible to destroy quickly these fuc... spheres and the generators. for now, i stop to do all the borg stfs.

i had almost the same problem during borg disconnected, i was with a kdf command ship, and the player used "blabla ambush" + an other skill; same thing: misfire and lag; i had to move away .

there is really a problem with these command skills.
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    one problem is the new command skills (ships); each time that i do a stf with command ships, i have "misfire" and lag.

i did ISA with 2 command ships, that was crazy, i had to push 3 times on APB or "emergency to weapon", if i wanted to use them; and sometimes, i fired on a sphere but nothing; no effects, etc. i was in a good team, but we failed, impossible to destroy quickly these fuc... spheres and the generators. for now, i stop to do all the borg stfs.

i had almost the same problem during borg disconnected, i was with a kdf command ship, and the player used "blabla ambush" + an other skill; same thing: misfire and lag; i had to move away .

there is really a problem with these command skills.

yes the Inspiration mechanic is another contender for the lag, remember the lag hit unplayable levels when the command ships where released.

Basically every time a team member and yourself trigger an ability it grants you inspiration. that's a calculation for every single ability activation on the map with you.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thank you for clarification. :)

well still, a good idea, badly executed
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    I don't play Fireball and I'm telling you that STO has problems.

All I'm saying is that people are setting unreasonably high expectorations, every game or piece of software had bugs and glitches STO is no exception and being the typical Forum Drama Queens people make a mountain out of a molehill.
    Star trek on line has some lag problems and so that means that the staff are completely incompetent as if no other game in the world has any kind of problem with it whatsoever.
  • Options
    fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Eagerly waiting for a fix, haven't been able to play since release of s10. :(
  • Options
    sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    some lag issues? mountains out of molehills? bwahahahaha!

We got a couple more videos in the tube about the lag. stay tuned in the next couple days for them.