test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ingame lag

I am seeing a lot fewer topics on the ingame lag since S10 laucnhed, or maybe they are just being drowned by S10 related issues, but is there any news on a fix for the lag problems some people are experiencing?

The lag i'm talking about has nothing to do with traits or anything of the sort.. it's the lag on server response in social zones and NPC interactions, but it affects pretty much everything.. it's a lot less noticeable in single player missions, but it's hard to say why..

I use eppohh tagging on new romulus as my gauge for how bad it is, and for the last several weeks it takes 2-3 secs for the tag menu for an eppohh to pop up.. this used to be near instantly.
Strangely, yesterday, when a lot of people were complaining about being disconnected was actually the day with the least lag for me during the last 3-4 weeks..

I'm trying to decide whether to buy zen during the sale or not.. i'd really love to, but after 3 weeks of barely being able to play and not even seeing so much as a confirmation whether it's even being investigated, I'm beginning to fear this is not something we'll be seeing any sort of fix for anytime soon.. not much point in buying zen if queues are barely playable due to the lag.. :(
Post edited by xbalanke on

Comments

• stryder33stryder33 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I been getting a lot of lag or the rubber effect and its really needs to be addressed soon.
    I called my ISP today to see if it is on my end and this is what they told me .
    {cryptic is having server issues} so either server load or a memory leak some where or it could even be that there servers need to be upgraded.
  • aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OP: This is happening to me no matter where I go. Usually when I walk up to an NPC, it takes a while for the menu to pop up. I thought it was just me.
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Game has become unplayable to me after s10. Everything was fine before s10, now I'm even thinking about quitting cause this is some game breaking lag and cryptic doesn't acknowledge it at all.
  • nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The lag is alive well and worse than ever. Is the DoS attack still on or what? We get smooth spells for a bit when they announced they are trying to resolve the issue but we are back to where we were 2days ago. STFs are just frag fests where you sit there die and can't even shoot back because the server didn't get the memo to FIRE!!!. Or my personal favorite the rubberbanding back into corebreaches you're trying to get away from with 2% hp because you hit engineering team 5 times and it finally goes through only to trigger the cooldown with no heal.

Time to get on Cogen's back side ASAP. Will be watching for a fix before logging back in.
  • ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Major Lag, every time I log in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ozy83 wrote: »
    Major Lag, every time I log in.

The lag issue is an ongoing issue.

TRENDY is on the ball and is sending info off regularly to be looked into.

But this is not a server wide issue it's only effecting some not all.

Myself and many I know do not have lag issues (certain maps etc yes but not all) so like I said it's not effecting everyone all the time.
    JtaDmwW.png
  • ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

Myself and many I know do not have lag issues (certain maps etc yes but not all) so like I said it's not effecting everyone all the time.

Might be the case, but there are plenty who are being affected by this and its been going on for weeks now. It really should have been remedied a long time ago. Its good to know that its being looked into though. Thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical
    edited April 2015
    Just a question to throw out there:

If you are paid member, do they get priority anti-lag benefits?

I am free-to-play so I was wondering if 'my kind' are the only ones being affected by lag.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unplayable, that's what this game is.
    giphy.gif
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    aoax10 wrote: »
    Just a question to throw out there:

If you are paid member, do they get priority anti-lag benefits?

I am free-to-play so I was wondering if 'my kind' are the only ones being affected by lag.

Short answer no!

Long answer,

the only priority LTS or Gold subs get is priority log in when! and only when! there is a que to log in.
    JtaDmwW.png
    edited April 2015
    I ran /fpsgraph 1 and it shows a lot fps spikes. It wasn't like this before Delta came out.
  • sf911sf911 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, the lag in STFs is particularly unbearable. Still hoping for a fix...
  • nh3rdnh3rd Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We aren't talking FPS lag we are talking SNR lag. Frame rate is deadlocked at 60FPS. It's the inability to use abilities or the dead space where you can't shoot but the server sees them grinding your face off which eventually renders client side as full shield to dead in the blink of an eye. If all you do is missions and battlezones you may never see it to the point of show stopper but it is there I guarantee. STFs particularly if you have a high end group (250k group wide, not 5k pug).

This was originally attributed to traits but this has proven to not be the case. It is a server load issue. I would even go as far to say it may be pending hardware failure on one of the servers or a glitch in coding bogging it down combined with traffic and a possible ongoing dos attack that is creating this cumulative clusterf***.

It isn't 100% of the time. It comes and goes but it always lingers in the background and craps out at random. 1 minute it's a microstutter that causes your ship to twitch the next its 15secs of SNR (without the message) followed by a wicked rubberband 20km away where ya explode.

It certainly is making things interesting.
  • jamesgrjamesgr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Up until S10 release, I was OK. A little lag, sure (I'm in Greece, after all), but the game was very much playable.
    Ever since S10 was released, the lag makes the game unplayable. That started from day 1 of the new season. Since then, I have noticed no improvement on the lag. It's easier to login now (fewer Login2_Timeout errors), though I still fail at login. But the ingame lag is impossible to handle. Sure I can stay at ESD or K7, manage doff assignments, and chat. But not play. No STFs, not even solo content.
    Solo ground is slightly better. I suspect that may be because ground game produces less traffic. Still, even ground borders on unplayable. STFs, even on ground are completely unplayable.
    That's the situation for me, at least.
  • thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the lag is making stf's impossible :(
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jam3s1701 wrote: »

The major cause IS a server-side issue: certain ship traits (predictive algorithms and pedal to the metal for two, possibly other ones) lag everyone if someone has them slotted. That's why the main source of the lag (there's apparently other sources) only affect certain characters all the time.
    giphy.gif
  • fudgemonkfudgemonk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Full week later still unplayable. Do you want to lose costumers cryptic?