test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Week 5, "mission replays"? still doing the originals..

Comments

• stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I guess since the counter is still at 0% that means nobody is running them or the counter is bugged. I wonder what Cryptic will claim it is.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here is what I am seeing and this just astounds me. Maybe it is the painkillers. Maybe I am just missing the big picture. I am genuinely curious and would like an explanation of the thought process behind this.

We JUST created our Delta toons not quite a month ago. Many of us power-leveled out way through the missions.... some more than once... And we unlocked some nifty stuff. The additions to the story-lines are cool as well.

Now you want us to spend a week re-running those missions again to unlock (something.) Again. We just ran them. Some of us more than once. Now the next bonus is locked behind a wall that requires us to run the same sets of missions over and over and over again?

I'm sorry I love this game, Cryptic, but asking us to rerun the content over AGAIN after we were just prompted to run it through...

Why? At this point I am burned out and it is time to walk away for a few weeks, maybe longer. Back to back rerun sessions just don't cut it. Especially since you cut back on the replay rewards.

I'll be back eventually. Hopefully you'll come up with something more creative than "rerun regrind marathon session bonus unlock."
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm sorry, but if this doesn't conclusively PROVE the STO Devs have 'grind' on the brain, I don't know what does.

It was a bit of a hard sell to get many players who have alts to MAKE a Delta Recruit in the first place (for me, I will admit, the STO Devs did do a nice bit of polishing to the old story missions (undated graphics and textures, and some streamlining) - so yeah it was okay to do content I've been repeating since 2009 closed Beta yet again - but to come along in Week 5 of this event and say "Hey, replay it AGAIN...":eek:

Honestly no. If the bar gets to Tier II I won't have done ANYTHING to get it there. Whoever thought this idea was a good one REALLY needs a break.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We JUST created our Delta toons not quite a month ago. Many of us power-leveled out way through the missions.... some more than once... And we unlocked some nifty stuff. The additions to the story-lines are cool as well.

Even worse for me, I came back to the game late last year and leveled up 2 fed, 1 Rom and 3 KDF before DR started. My DR was my second Rom in less than 6 months. Using a thalaron weapon on little epohs is fun and all, but I've done that twice already recently.

So for me episode replay without a little extra sugar like a few lobi or the return of a special item my DR doesn't own is hard to swallow.
  • scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nope. I was done the minute I completed all the requirements for personal rewards. I played those episode mission so many times on many alts, and replayed many times on harder difficulties. Just no. I was done weeks ago.
  • ironcaniacironcaniac Member Posts: 131 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    I was planning on doing some of the early missions again with my endgame ship that I got after hitting Level 50 anyway, so I have no issue with the mission replay task.

However, I too have noticed that the counter doesn't appear to be moving, though, so if it is bugged, I may wait until this weekend to see what's up.
    After only 4 months, 19 weeks, 134 days, it's here. It's real!
    wbur87.jpg
    U.S.S. Tempest
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was going to replay some missions to get gear sets for some of my boffs, seen no progress on the % bar at all.

Either it's bugged, or they expect you to rerun an entire story arc before you get any movement.

Just... No.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just no. Running normal/advanced PvE queues would make more sense at this point of DR event, not replaying again what I just ran through.
    In all honesty I hope this week will FAIL miserably to show devs that mission replays aren't big thing among players.
    Gameserver not found.
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was going to replay some missions to get gear sets for some of my boffs, seen no progress on the % bar at all.

Either it's bugged, or they expect you to rerun an entire story arc before you get any movement.

Just... No.

No it's still a global thing (like the last 4 weeks), so they expect EVERY Delta Recruit
    to rerun Missions .... one guy by himself probably won't even be able to make it to 1% ...

PS : We just made it to 1% so it's probably not bugged, and nobody (not many people) wants to play ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seriously? I mean....seriously?

One of the most common gripes I have heard on our fleet channel, from players levelling DR toons, was about the pain that is "The Cardassian Arc", and they are justifiable gripes.

And if I hear "Kurland here!" one more time I think I'll head out the nearest airlock!

And as for "Bonnikin...." please....pass me a phaser.... NOW!

Whoever thought that it would be a good idea to get players to replay through tedious, buggy missions needs to get his coat and leave. Now. We'll forward on your desk toys and office coffee mug.

Many of us have created multiple DR characters (3 in my case) and gone through many of these missions 3 times (more so if after a set of rewards).

We did that even though we'd levelled our original cast of characters through them in previous years!

I think this is a "carrot" that will not be chased much. :rolleyes:
    server_hamster6.png
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Have to agree here. Not being an alt person, I did create 1 Delta Recruit after all, filling all the tasks for them, and it was fun. But, I can't imagine running the missions again, especially not the Cardassian Struggle...
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• killalljedikillalljedi Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Over twelve hours later, and the Progress Bar is still very very low. I think the Devs better come up with something quick.

Edit: Changed it a little because it crept up to 1% now. WOOOOO!
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Over twelve hours later, and the Progress Bar is still at 0%. I think the Devs better come up with something quick.

No it just hit 1% ;)

-> and Geko will probably just tell us about how it's proof that nobody wants to play FE's anymore ... announcing more Patrols & Queued Content or something ...
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I don't think it would show the Devs anything to be honest, any they've probably done themselves a favour with this.

Maybe ... but it's getting a little bit silly ... first EC-Week without EC, and now "unachievable Dil-Week" ... not sure if that's what you want to show "new Recruits", if they don't want us to earn EC or Dilithium just make something else ... just call it "Dabo Week" i.E. ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So far every contributing event was completed by just progressing with your delta recruit. Completing missions for the first time, scheduling duty officer assignments, completing R&D projects, earning fleet credits, all of these were practically a by-product of leveling your Delta Recruit. Which is probably why - except for the first week - we always hit tier 3.

Now we are supposed to replay old missions. A tedious and boring activity given that many of us have only just played those missions a few weeks/days ago. I would be surprised if we hit tier 2 to be honest.
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Replaying is foremost done for the rewards. Let's all be fair. How many times do you reread a book, review an episode. When the story is know, it is al about gameplay. A book, film or TV show can tell a story a thousand times better than a computer game.

For instance the mission Assimilated. I have played it a lot for the mission reward, a purple kit. The mission is ok, because it is fast paced, combat sequences follow up quickly, no interferences with talking, doing silly tasks etc. However that mission, have played it twice already, is bugged regarding the rewards. You get a blue kit.

Colloseum is another example. Pretty original, story and setting, but when you have seen it the magic is gone. Doing a silly calculation and running through the dessert.

Boldly they Rode (Kurland here), same thing. At first it is magnificent to walk upon DS9, but after that first time, it is no more than a long intro to get to the fighting part of the mission. Personally I do Operation Gamma to get the two pieces of the set and leave the shield.

I suggested a pool reward. After completing a mission, the rwards are added to a pool. When you replay a mission, you can pick a reward from that pool.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    theres buckleys chance of me replaying those episodes on a delta noob lol
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    I've just replayed a few breen missions. Yeah, it's tedious. Delta rec is not my main, who can fly thru missions. But the unlock is the most valuable that Cryptic can provide. Of course they pick the hardest unlock method lol.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Time for spin the wheel on repeat.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No. Not touching any of that cr*p ever again. They can offer 10x Dil for all I care.
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is obviously deliberate, they locked the 2 good bonuses so far behind things they knew wouldn't get done. Episode original plays for XP bonus only made it to tier 2, and now the dil week behind episode replays. No one in there right mind would want to go back and replay the episodes again after just doing them, which is why nearly 24 hours after this one started its only at 1% to tier 1. Will be lucky if it hits tier 1, probably will just fail, which is exactly what they want.
  • j0hn41j0hn41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mission replays wouldn't be so bad if they rewarded the same xp as they did the first time you played them. It's not that they're all bad - it's just not worth the time investment for the reward you get.

I love teaming up and running though the missions, helping people's alts level, but doing the missions as an end in themselves? Maybe on my main when I want to experience the story again. Given I've just done that 3 times with 3 alts... can't say I'm in the mood.

And yeah, the bar seems to be set so high this time around I doubt I'll be contributing to the Delta meter.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Don't really care about the xp (my Delta got to lv55 by the end of the Breen arc, there's plenty more unplayed missions ahead, if I care to go further).

The reason, for me, to replay missions is for the gear. And I looked through all the basic story arc missions yesterday, and....there were only like 2-4 missions that had anything I might want more of. Most of it is just green Mk11 shields/impulse engines/ground gear. No reason at all to ever touch those missions again.

But right now, I'm too busy playing Dabo (while reading on another computer) to get the 250k GPL needed for that clubwear. And if I wasn't doing that, I'd be trying to get my new Rom/K through a couple more story arcs for the account bonuses. Replaying "help McCoy calibrate his tools" for Old Phasers (that then need to be upgraded), isn't near the top of my to-do list right now. :/
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited May 2015
    Whats the weather like on andoria today ollie?

"Cold."
    "But it's the middle of Summer."
    "It's still cold. Isn't there *any* heat here?"
    "Certainly. Stand in that doorway."
    "All right. What are these holes in the ceiling and floor?"
    "That's where the heat comes through."
    "What about these worms I'm seeing?"
    "Don't worry. They just don't like it warm."
    "Don't worry? I'm getting burns from them."
    "You said you were cold."

Oliver Hardy to Stan Laurel: "Now look at the mess you've gotten us into." (I used to watch Laurel & Hardy shorts on TV when I was growing up.)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    2.5x dil is simply not enough to pay people to rerun the missions.

Another part of it might be: the people with the tenacity/stubbon-ness/obsessiveness to re-run missions in bulk, already have a backlog of unrefined dil, and would rather re-run patrols for spec points on their mains. Meanwhile, the people who need the bonus dil the most (those who don't max out their dil every day/don't have any backlog to refine), don't have the time or motivation to bulk-replay missions.

(or at least enough of the playerbase to make tier progress glacially slow.)

Just a guess, though.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Loved everything about the Delta Recruit event up until this.

I don't what in the world made them think that people were going to go back and replay missions, I almost never do that.

The only mission I ever replay is 'A Step Between Stars' which I do for the Solanae set and the Hazmat suits.

No way we're even hitting T2 in this one.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I don't what in the world made them think that people were going to go back and replay missions, I almost never do that.

The only mission I ever replay is 'A Step Between Stars' which I do for the Solanae set and the Hazmat suits.

That's the exact intention. They don't want us to hit Tier ANYTHING on this one because "giving away" Dilithium doesn't suit their bottom line.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jstewart55 wrote: »
    That's the exact intention. They don't want us to hit Tier ANYTHING on this one because "giving away" Dilithium doesn't suit their bottom line.

So why are they offering to give away dil to begin with?
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I couldn't tell you. Maybe they saw how often A Step Between Stars and Fluid Dynamics get farmed and thought they found their filler DR week.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif