test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spacewalking the hull of a ship

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
PLEASE tell me there is a way to do this in a Foundry mission.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Post edited by prierin on

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There will be once editing is reactivated. They just added a bunch of ship assets (correctly scaled) that can be placed on ground and interior maps.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There will be once editing is reactivated. They just added a bunch of ship assets (correctly scaled) that can be placed on ground and interior maps.

Goood.... I'd like to see someone have to manually walk the hull of a ship and access a hatch to get in... I wonder if we can madate exosuits?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah. You can actually make a mission that involves extravehicular activity now, since they added EV Suit Only, Floater, and Low Gravity volumes a while back. (There's also Water volumes.)

The EV Suit Only volume requires characters that enter it to be wearing an EV Suit. On pain of coughing and death. Like in official missions where you do a spacewalk.

The EV Suit Only volume can also be used in combination with water volumes to make missions where you can dive. There's no swimming, but it can still work for underwater missions like that. (Although the EV suit volume needs to be a bit lower than the water volume if you plan to include land-water interface points, so characters don't "drown" above water.)

You could definitely make a mission involving a spacewalk now, combining at least the EV Suit volumes and ground ship models, if not also the floater and low gravity volumes.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All we need is a interior space map and done.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've been dying to try this out myself. I have some ideas. :3
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster