test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Well, Red Alerts are now completely broken.

seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
Great patch guys.. great work indeed.

Just did 8 straight Red Alerts where the unimatrix didn't spawn. Regulus Block was the only one that worked, every other one is flat out broken.

Great job fixing something that wasn't broken and totally breaking everything else in the process. Fantastic job. :mad:
Insert witty signature line here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Tell us how you really feel.

-2 for complaining instead of starting a bug report thread.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    Tell us how you really feel.

-2 for complaining instead of starting a bug report thread.

Oh no, I got a '-2' from the forum police.. what ever will I do? lol

How many times has this bug been reported? And it's still not fixed.

Fact is, they prioritized putting a cool down timer and level restrictions over fixing a game breaking problem with the mission to begin with.

Poor planning at best.
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh no, I got a '-2' from the forum police.. what ever will I do? lol

How many times has this bug been reported? And it's still not fixed.

Fact is, they prioritized putting a cool down timer and level restrictions over fixing a game breaking problem with the mission to begin with.

Poor planning at best.

With every fix, something breaks. That is the life of an MMORPG.

Don't take it out on other forum users, tho. This /should/ have been posted under the bug report thread, http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    prierin wrote: »

Don't take it out on other forum users, tho. This /should/ have been posted under the bug report thread, http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

More like the life of STO. Never seen such constant complications in other mmo's.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Great patch guys.. great work indeed.

Just did 8 straight Red Alerts where the unimatrix didn't spawn. Regulus Block was the only one that worked, every other one is flat out broken.

Great job fixing something that wasn't broken and totally breaking everything else in the process. Fantastic job. :mad:

Plenty of them were still broken (IE the Unimatrix wouldn't spawn) prior to Season 10. Most of us who knew which of those were just avoided joining them when they popped in a given sector block of the old maps.

With how they work now, it's completely random as to which old 'Sector Block' Borg RA instance you get - so if you get one that STILL wasn't fixed prior to Season 10 (and yes, I submitted tickets MANY times, but obviously, either the Devs can't repeat it on a non-leaded test server, OR they were never considered a high enough priority to finally and fully fix that I styopped wasting my time reporting further.)

If you get Sirus or Regulus they always have worked. Iota Povinis have a 70% failure rate; and most of the ones from the former DS9 zones usually; and Orellius never spawned a Unimatrix if a level 60 character was part of the group fighting in zone.

The fact their all randomized as to which one you get sent to, you have a GOOD chance of getting a broken one, but again, they've been broken since the DR Expansion (and the Level cap raise to 60); Season 10 just made it more apparent.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    prierin wrote: »

it's the life of THIS mmo, get that straight. others don't have the kind of...issues sto does with broken content and glitches or fixes with as many unintended consequences that produce more glitches.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    If you get Sirus or Regulus they always have worked. Iota Povinis have a 70% failure rate; and most of the ones from the former DS9 zones usually; and Orellius never spawned a Unimatrix if a level 60 character was part of the group fighting in zone.

The fact their all randomized as to which one you get sent to, you have a GOOD chance of getting a broken one, but again, they've been broken since the DR Expansion (and the Level cap raise to 60); Season 10 just made it more apparent.

Yep, which is exactly why Red Alerts should tell us where we're going before we accept the mission.

I'm next to my objective, a Red Alert pops up, I accept it.. it takes me all the way across the map and then fails and I'm stuck a hundred light years from where I used to be.

This system needs to be fixed. It wouldn't be so bad if I at least traveled across the galaxy for a reason, but right now I'm just flying all over the map to just to run into bugged missions.

At least if it told us where we were going, I could just turn down the constantly bugged ones.
  • Options
    caylenrcaylenr Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    scarling wrote: »
    More like the life of STO. Never seen such constant complications in other mmo's.

Blame all the takers who don't spend a dime on this game---likely that category also includes you.

Pay up or shut up. Everything costs money. New content makes money, fixing bugs doesn't. If people paid for more bug fixes, they'd get fixed.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Borg are tired of getting destroyed. They decided not to show up.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    caylenr wrote: »
    Blame all the takers who don't spend a dime on this game---likely that category also includes you.

Pay up or shut up. Everything costs money. New content makes money, fixing bugs doesn't. If people paid for more bug fixes, they'd get fixed.

Firstly unless you are an employee of Cryptic/PWE you would have no idea what a person spends on the game.

Secondly telling somebody to 'shut up' just because you don't like what they are saying and making wild unfounded accusations in the process, is neither intelligent nor constructive.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2015

It is thanks to the 'takers' you have a game to play in the first place.
  • Options
    staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    coupaholic wrote: »
    It is thanks to the 'takers' you have a game to play in the first place.

...not...getting...logic...

People who spend money are subisdised by those that don't? How does that work...?
  • Options
    cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Incorrect, if players encounter bugs they are unlikely to spend any money in the first place, i mean i wouldn't spend money on this game in its current state, in this instance new content only sells to people who either dont care about bugs or are whales, bugs cost you players and prevent them from investing in the first place ;)
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    staq16 wrote: »
    ...not...getting...logic...

People who spend money are subisdised by those that don't? How does that work...?

Dilithium exchange mostly. People spend cash for zen, people who dont use the dilex to turn their dil into zen payers get the dil they wanna buy, non payers get their zen. If this feature did not exist there would be a lot less zen being sold for cash
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    -3 for posting this instead of a bug report.

Haha.. I got a failing grade from one of STO's biggest d'bag trolls.. I must be doing something right!
    cypherous wrote: »
    Incorrect, if players encounter bugs they are unlikely to spend any money in the first place, i mean i wouldn't spend money on this game in its current state, in this instance new content only sells to people who either dont care about bugs or are whales, bugs cost you players and prevent them from investing in the first place ;)

Stop posting logic and common sense, you're scaring the trolls away. :D
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited May 2015
    Haha.. I got a failing grade from one of STO's biggest d'bag trolls.. I must be doing something right!

seriously............I bet you might lose sleep right :P
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015

LOL This is a Free to Play game. Dont be stupid. And you have no idea what I spend. And I do spend on ships. I'm also a long time spender to PWE. If you click on my name to the right, you can see this account was made before this game came out. PWI and STO have both seen my spending. So yea. GL with the accusations.