test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ding Dong, the lag is Dead!

giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
Just went to a few different areas including Sector Space, Argala, and Delta Command and I had no lag in any of them. Thank you Cryptic.... about time :P

Comments

• Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    which old lag? The wicked lag! Ding Dong, the wicked lag isss deeeeaaaad.
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well it's a good thing for you, but i'm reading another story in the channels. Just look at the sector space, constant 600ms ping out there, then enter in a system and it disappaer :confused: :eek:
  • Options
    distantworldsdistantworlds Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hit repeated rubberbanding, disconnects, and an absurd number of desyncs trying to do Gateway to Grethor to try and get marks to keep reputation daily running.

The lag is not fixed whatsoever. But it was always internmittent. You just happened to get lucky.
  • Options
    earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    LAg is just as bad as it was.

Just pugged in ISA and was rubberbanding all over the place. The end countdown timer to warp out with chugging down in 3-4 second chunks.....

Did I expect it to be fixed ? Not really ?

Do I think they actually did anything aside from add in some patch notes ? Not really.

Guess another week will go past without me playing very much.

Don't know why I bother with this game anymore, it's becoming a lost cause.
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From what I've read in these forums, they're attacking 3 sources of what you loosely call "lag."

This past patch was only designed to fix one of them - I think it was lowered frame rates in sector space. What I read (in this forum) said they were also doing research at the network level and over time going to redo certain game features that weight heavy on the game servers in a way that we would see no difference but the cost in server resources would be significantly less for those features.

Long story short, this was only 1 of 3 sources....

Me, I haven't noticed any lag, must be my connection and how I play.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's gotten worse... much worse.
  • Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wow really? Hmm well what ever that did it worked for me. I didnt get intermittent lag, for the past few months almost anything I do caused me to lag like crazy. Today however, I was just on for about an hour and a half, and I got lo lag what so ever.

Hopefully they'll figure out everyone elses problem and get to them too. That being said, I hope I didnt just jinx it by making this thread :P
    edited April 2015
    I think people are missing the fact that there are different reasons for lag. Cryptic fixed one reason with this patch so YAY!, but traits are still broken and still cause other lag. Salamiinferno said it will be gradual fixes as they find and fix causes of lag.
  • Options
    olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited April 2015
    they said the lag is multi-issue

I'm afraid it could be ages until it's fixed

on top of that, I have no doubt that they are being shaken down by ddos and other things that compromise their service
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Borg STF's normal seems to be a bit better than it was, advance just as bad,,,,,:(

I take back what i said about normal,,,,lol
  • Options
    aliensamongusaliensamongus Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lag Industries provides you with the best lag. We hope you enjoy our product.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lag Industries provides you with the best lag. We hope you enjoy our product.

And bug's.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's gotten worse... much worse.

Same here ... Server not responding ... Login Timeout ... Toons being stuck under First City ... ~3min to load new Toons ... etc = unplayable ...

EDIT : Now im stuck loading the Launcher for ~10min ... going to play another MMO instead ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nvm mind, I was wrong...the lag is still kicking.
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    did a iconian space stf and it was lagging badly and still getting a little lag while doing space patrols in the delta quadrent :(
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This...has been...interesting.

And what's up with the tray flickering? I saw somebody had mentioned that previously, but it's something new for me now...hrmmm.
  • Options
    valgradevalgrade Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dead? Not quite.

In some cases worse than before. Rubberbanding is the main issue now, for me at least.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    on top of that, I have no doubt that they are being shaken down by ddos and other things that compromise their service
    I'm just curious - is there any hard evidence of a DDOS or other such nefarious activity being afoot, or is this an instance of a rumor thriving in the absence thereof?
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hmmm.... I was just at Starfleet Academy and there was some slight rubberbanding.... nothing compared to how it was during the Q event, but still there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From what I've read in these forums, they're attacking 3 sources of what you loosely call "lag."

This past patch was only designed to fix one of them - I think it was lowered frame rates in sector space. What I read (in this forum) said they were also doing research at the network level and over time going to redo certain game features that weight heavy on the game servers in a way that we would see no difference but the cost in server resources would be significantly less for those features.

Long story short, this was only 1 of 3 sources....

Me, I haven't noticed any lag, must be my connection and how I play.

theres also a difference between Frame lag and connection lag.

apparently the techs are working on the connection lag though at the servers. I hope they tell us what was wrong when they fix it.
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    Don't know what game you are playing.... the lag is still strong with us in STO.
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeeeah... Um... are you sure you're not sick?

Lag is still ludicrous. If anything it's gotten worse.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • Options
    tigerblade66tigerblade66 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm just curious - is there any hard evidence of a DDOS or other such nefarious activity being afoot, or is this an instance of a rumor thriving in the absence thereof?

Why would they even try? It would take ages before their ping request to even got through. They'll be like the rest of us, intermittingly timed out...:D
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cogent provides connectivity to Netflix and Cryptic

Netflix uses more Internet bandwidth than anything else on the Internet, especially in the evening when people come home from work and start downloading movies and TV shows for the night. Sometimes Netflix uses all of Cogent's bandwidth, or all of the bandwidth for the connections between Cogent and other ISPs (like Verizon, Comcast, etc), and Cryptic's traffic gets delayed or dropped.

Cogent cares about Netflix much more than they care about Cryptic

Problems will remain until Cryptic changes providers
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited May 2015

One of the devs replied in a thread about the server crashes we had a couple of weeks ago, he said they were caused by a DDOS attack and they were working on a way to stop it.
  • Options
    benjaminmsbenjaminms Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lag isn't dead yet. It just hit epic proportions (at least for me) in the DS9 area with massive rubberbanding and lag... couldn't get to the wormhole without having to expect a waiting time of minutes. I insta-logged off.
    nezerol_6601.jpg
  • Options
    schrondigerschrondiger Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lag is far from dead, actually today the game is unplayable for me.

Massive rubberbanding, multiple disconnects and 'server not responding' for 2+ minutes during missions.
  • Options
    saxmanusmcsaxmanusmc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Lag is far from dead, actually today the game is unplayable for me.

Massive rubberbanding, multiple disconnects and 'server not responding' for 2+ minutes during missions.

This right here. It is not unplayable for me, but pretty dang close when in any kind of STF.
    FA Janin Delwynn - Fed Tac Officer
    FA Dion - Romulan Engineer Officer
    FA Zophie Delwynn - Fed Science Officer
  • Options
    coldspike1coldspike1 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just got done doing Starbase 24 and the lag was terrible worst I've seen it for me anyway.