test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hierarchy Boff Question

aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
So last night, I logged on to do various things when I saw this:

http://i.imgur.com/1RSerIu.png

Potato A is mine, while potato B is someone else's. Now I've tried to change the uniform on mine at the tailor, but it's grayed out, just like it is for various other special-race boffs: borg, voth, breen, jem'hadar, etc.

Yet somehow, B is wearing a customized uniform? How? Is this a different hierarchy bridge officer from a source other than the delta quest chain? Or is it yet another example of how people who leveled "early" got screwed over*?

* By screwed over, I'm referring to how originally, the one-shot Mk XIII mission rewards were blue quality, but now, they're purple.
Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
kNqxcCf.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are ways to "bug out"certain bridge officers in the trailer and in the bridge officer abilities to give you more options.
    Probably not suppose to do so though.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    aesica wrote: »
    So last night, I logged on to do various things when I saw this:

http://i.imgur.com/1RSerIu.png

Potato A is mine, while potato B is someone else's. Now I've tried to change the uniform on mine at the tailor, but it's grayed out, just like it is for various other special-race boffs: borg, voth, breen, jem'hadar, etc.

Yet somehow, B is wearing a customized uniform? How? Is this a different hierarchy bridge officer from a source other than the delta quest chain? Or is it yet another example of how people who leveled "early" got screwed over*?

* By screwed over, I'm referring to how originally, the one-shot Mk XIII mission rewards were blue quality, but now, they're purple.

There was a bug when they were released that allowed for custom potatoes.

New potatoes are not customizable. It was fixed within a week or two, I think, so it's actually people who leveled faster than you got the custom Hierarchy BOff, which does also allow for some buggy costuming.
  • walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When Delta Rising first launched the Hierarchy Boff was customizable. Everyone rejoiced for joy :). Then the devs came out and said this was a bug and the Boff was never meant to be customizable. So they patched it and now the Mr Potato head is no longer customizable. I guess it did not affect the people that already customized him.
    sstosig2.png
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Originally (ie. before a certain patch) Heirarchy boffs were customizable. They were missing arms and parts of the torso with certain uniforms but we did have options (however physically impossible some of them may be.) Those weren't intended options (see. having a head, hands, and legs but nothing to connect them with) and they disabled the unique clothing options the boff was supposed to come with. So, gone.

Its video game development. Not all bugs cause keyboards to be thrown at expensive monitors but they are still bugs to root out.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the ability to customize Strax's look, but his neck looks funny if you don't have his original high collar, so I've resisted making changes.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So basically, I leveled to 60 during the worst period possible: Too late to customize my potato man, but too early to have purple Mk XIII rewards. Okay thanks, that clears it up even if it's a bummer. :)
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • starblade7starblade7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The lack of customisation on the 'unique' alien BOffs is almost excusable because they have interesting designs or need certain equipment to survive (eg Breen). However, that's not the case for the hierarchy BOff... whose uniform is more boring than a stock Antares outfit.

As an absolute minimum, surely we could get a bit of colour customisation?
    Forget the possibility of PvP, for so much has become pay-to-win, never to be balanced. Forget the promise of exploration and research, for in the grim dark future of Star Trek Online there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting publishers.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    TRIBBLE the potato heads, look at that gurl in the metal bikinis on the left side. <3:o
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, limited customization would be pretty awesome. Even with the Breen, not all of them wear the same color refrigerator nor do they all have the same build. And that borg you get from the STF accolade, I've had him for years. Voyager had their rescued drone wearing a catsuit within the same week they decided to housebreak her.

I like using unusual boffs, but the lack of customization is killing me.
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sontar-Ha!

Jeans and a sweater is a perfectly acceptable military outfit for a Sontaran, err Potato.

But seriously, customization would be nice.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    I have the ability to customize Strax's look, but his neck looks funny if you don't have his original high collar, so I've resisted making changes.

I guess I'm not the only one who named him Strax.

I put him in the Delta Armor to try and simulate Sontaran armor. :cool:
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »

Yeah so that makes at least three Straxes :)

Shame they fixed what wasn't really broken from a player level though. I only have two potatoes; Strax and my Blue Potato. I'll never get more simply because of that "fix."
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Originally (ie. before a certain patch) Heirarchy boffs were customizable. They were missing arms and parts of the torso with certain uniforms but we did have options (however physically impossible some of them may be.) Those weren't intended options (see. having a head, hands, and legs but nothing to connect them with) and they disabled the unique clothing options the boff was supposed to come with. So, gone.

Its video game development. Not all bugs cause keyboards to be thrown at expensive monitors but they are still bugs to root out.
    So instead of fixing those bugs, they just made them not customizeable. :rolleyes:

Great decision devs, lol.
    /this was sarcastic
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • meldrithpwmeldrithpw Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Once you've got the Hieriarchy boff, you unlock the head at the tailor for use by 'alien' captains and boffs.

but, as previously stated, since you don't get the collar, there's a problem with the neck for getting your faux hierarchite to actually look like a hieriarchite. (note, this is the same reason you can't make Morn--the definition of the jaw to neck line is simply too strong.)

Unlocking the JH set has a very similar problem. faux jh boffs and characters, even when using all the features from the set still can't quite get the right look, particularly with the rear definition of the head plate, the horns, and the jaw spikes. The body can be done, (and I LOVE the jh pants and backpacks;) but the head remains just a bit off.

while I would LIKE to see this addressed, I really don't think it's a priority, I think there's a ton more stuff that needs to be addressed first--

like where's my kdf ferengi?
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    ssargon wrote: »
    Yeah so that makes at least three Straxes :)

Shame they fixed what wasn't really broken from a player level though. I only have two potatoes; Strax and my Blue Potato. I'll never get more simply because of that "fix."

I almost named him that... then I just named him Tater Salad
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »

Pix or it didn't happen? :D

Mostly I want to see how it turned out :)
    w8xekp.jpg
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    meldrithpw wrote: »
    Once you've got the Hieriarchy boff, you unlock the head at the tailor for use by 'alien' captains and boffs.

but, as previously stated, since you don't get the collar, there's a problem with the neck for getting your faux hierarchite to actually look like a hieriarchite. (note, this is the same reason you can't make Morn--the definition of the jaw to neck line is simply too strong.)

Unlocking the JH set has a very similar problem. faux jh boffs and characters, even when using all the features from the set still can't quite get the right look, particularly with the rear definition of the head plate, the horns, and the jaw spikes. The body can be done, (and I LOVE the jh pants and backpacks;) but the head remains just a bit off.

while I would LIKE to see this addressed, I really don't think it's a priority, I think there's a ton more stuff that needs to be addressed first--

like where's my kdf ferengi?

Speaking of Jem'Hadar, the ability to at least change their uniform is high on my wishlist... I want my Jem'Hadar in an Omega uniform like the rest of my away team...

Don't care about being able to change his head or body, just the uniform that he wears...

Despite the fact I agree it is definitely not a high priority, it shouldn't take much to allow the customisation of those Boffs which are presently restricted (Jem'Hadar, Hierarchy, Breen, Photonic Tac and the FE Reman - Borg Sci I understand would be more difficult) if it was a simple matter of turning off the Hierarchy Potatoe's customisation, it shouldn't be much more difficult to allow their customisation...

It is something I am still holding out hope Cryptic get to, eventually...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    Pix or it didn't happen? :D

Mostly I want to see how it turned out :)

I think he turned out alright...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)