test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Items Lost Bug List

Comments

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *Sigh*

Okay, I forgot to Remove->Re-post my Exchange offerings, so add the rest of my characters to the list of affected characters. Pretty sure every character has "tiled" attachments in their Mail. The "Exchange sale expired." messages also effectively remove access to posting on the Exchange thanks to your attachment limit system. I don't suppose we could at least get "Exchange sale expired." mailings set to be disregarded from the attachment and Exchange posting limits?

Please?

Even just while this glitch is active?

:(
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • warpcore#6887 warpcore Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have email with item but cant recieve the items and the box is black so i can't remember what they are [i know one is V rare items passing to an alt]

Account bank i can't place anything in as squares are black and it wont let me populate them leading me to think i was storing various items in there but i can't remember them all

This needs sorting like yesterday - V Bad bug and patch,,, :mad:
    "One of the advantages of being a Captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it."....... James T. Kirk
  • grethoregrethore Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Add me to the list of...

"I have WAY too many missing items to remember what they all were....from mail system (exchange & character to character), account bank, and even my normal bank and normal inventory." group of people.

It's at least 100 items from each account, 2 paid accounts, all characters. IE: millions of EC worth of stuff. In fact, I almost cant even use my account bank, all but 2 slots are locked down with this problem, on BOTH accounts.

As compensation, I'd like 1 free inventory slot upgrade, per character, and 1 account bank upgrade per account, and 1 regular bank upgrade.

Worth a shot atleast, right.;)
  • tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The exchange returns on my toons have blank returns (i.e., squares with gray filling). "Take Items" function in the mailbox has no effect.

@tostrek2012
  • teryfiingachmetteryfiingachmet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having issues with any items having gone missing?

You've come to the right place to post! This is the official post for posting any issues in regards to the items being lost in the Season 10 Update.

In order to help our teams find and resolve issues faster with the queue, this thread is made for reporting any issues with items missing. When posting about any issues you may be having, try to follow this format where applicable in order to keep information organized and readily available for the developers.

=/\=

What item(s) went missing? Please provide as concise a listing of information on what item(s) are no longer on your account.

What characters did this affect? Please post both characters affected by the item loss and your account handle in the form of:

JohnSnow@KnowsNothing

Thanks!

~LaughingTrendy

...more than one week and the problem still exist...

do anybody know how to Solve this ?
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The exchange returns on my toons have blank returns (i.e., squares with gray filling). "Take Items" function in the mailbox has no effect.

Same problem: @bone1970
    Also 1 item in my account-bank and many in the fleet-bank.
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This issue was still being experienced on Tribble as of the 25th.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • tsiretsire Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    how can I know what are gone and missing???

the storage log display "unkown items" ....

most of my high end space weapons and itemsfrom lockboxes are gone ...

>75% of my account bank, fleet banks now emptied and filled with blanks...

my kdf and fed fleets

This is my experience as well...and just recently items not sold on the exchange that were returned to me were blank squares no images or item names, its hard to keep track of everything that no longer has an image but is occupying an inventory space.
  • corellon359corellon359 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    WHEN are we going to get a fix for this???

Ive got 9 items stuck in the mail box from expired exchanges on my Romulan toon. We're talking 2-4 million EC items here.

My fed toon is in a fleet that has missing stuff in its banks as well.

All we want is WHEN you think the fix is going to happen?????

At least tell us something!!

AND I might add, since these items are "stuck" in the mail, they still count as auctions! Until I get them out of the mail, I can only post 31 items instead of 40
    edited April 2015
    It will be fixed when it's fixed and not a moment before.
    I have to think the devs are not going to box themselves into a deadline that they may not meet.

That said, they *are* working on a fix. Don't know if it's even being tested yet. THAT would be welcome information.
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rickdanko wrote: »
    It will be fixed when it's fixed and not a moment before.
    I have to think the devs are not going to box themselves into a deadline that they may not meet.

That said, they *are* working on a fix. Don't know if it's even being tested yet. THAT would be welcome information.

It Will be Fixed when its Fixed??? Dude, whats this? Duke Nuken Forever with their "Its done when its done" that they were saying for YEARS, or what? Sorry but NO, they ULTIMATELY Messed this Up more than Words can Descripe, so right now they have to gather the WHOLE Frigging Cryptic Staff, and their Mothers, Fathers, Sons, Daughters and even Cats and Dogs to Fix this NOW!

They Made a Change with Less to NONE Testing, they Messed the Whole Game up for EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in STO, so now they have to take responsibility and Fix this up again, NO MATTER WHAT OR HOW, thats THEIR Problem not OURS, no one asked for such a Change, they did, they screwed up so now they have to Fix it, or else they will Loose their Customers and can Play their Game alone :mad::mad::mad:
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zeatrex wrote: »
    What item(s) went missing?
    Homeworld Alliance which is my fleet also has many items from its fleet bank not appearing. I had 3 Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carriers in my personal bank in one of my characters (her name is Karan S'jet) and they are not there anymore. Though, in the Fleet Bank with the missing items, the "block" of where the item should be seems to be there, if you were to click + hold that box a black square pops out which you can drag around. It is as if something is there but replaced by a "black box" icon. So the items are probably there though just not showing as their icons. The only tabs effected by this was the 2nd and 3rd tab in the fleet back. The rest of the tabs are fine, however I can not move anything around in those tabs at all, as in the items that are supposed to be there being a black box icon seem to take the space they are in.

However, the 3 Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carriers which I had in my bank do not give this effect, I find it strange because I do not place anything in Karan's personal bank. The only items I had in her bank were these 3 carriers which I was saving for my alternative delta characters (which are 3 characters as well) until their rank let's them use it. I went to place some new items to the her personal bank AFTER the patch and that is where I noticed that I am missing the 3 Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carriers. Other then the fleet items and my 3 Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carriers, nothing else was effected.

What characters did this affect?
    Karan S'jet@zeatrex (had 3 Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carriers in personal bank now gone mission).

Homeworld Alliance Fleet (has the 2nd + 3rd slots bugged).

I am very sad I lost the 3 Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carriers, the fleet items I am sure is easy to restore in the fleet bank but I really would like to get my carriers back!
    I just hope I get my 3 Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carriers back being the only thing I lost aside from the Fleet Bank slots being bugged. Those 3 Xindi-Aquatic Narcine Dreadnought Carriers took me forever to get!!!
    edited April 2015
    It Will be Fixed when its Fixed??? Dude, whats this? Duke Nuken Forever with their "Its done when its done" that they were saying for YEARS, or what? Sorry but NO, they ULTIMATELY Messed this Up more than Words can Descripe, so right now they have to gather the WHOLE Frigging Cryptic Staff, and their Mothers, Fathers, Sons, Daughters and even Cats and Dogs to Fix this NOW!

They Made a Change with Less to NONE Testing, they Messed the Whole Game up for EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in STO, so now they have to take responsibility and Fix this up again, NO MATTER WHAT OR HOW, thats THEIR Problem not OURS, no one asked for such a Change, they did, they screwed up so now they have to Fix it, or else they will Loose their Customers and can Play their Game alone :mad::mad::mad:

I understand your anger, but as an IT person, I can say that stuff like this DOES happen. In a game as complex as STO, there's just no way to test everything.

I don't doubt that a fix is being worked on. The priority of the fix and what resources are being expended to fix it is anyone's guess. An issue like this (with no workaround) is glaring. If the devs are like the ones I've worked with, they DO feel bad about it and want to get this fixed even more than we want it fixed.

For me, the issue is communication, or the lack thereof. I'm not asking for promises or deadlines. Just tell us what's going on: something like this

4/24: We're STILL working on a fix
    4/25: We're testing the fix
    4/26: It didn't work, back to the drawing board
    4/27: Still working on a fix
    4/28: OK, think we've got something, testing it now

I'm not angry at the devs. I'm angry at management for their silence on this issue. You would be amazed at the goodwill you'd generate if you would just say "We f'd up. Big time. We're sorry. We're going to keep you in the loop about what we're doing to fix it."

See? Not asking for a date, not asking for compensation. Just admit your mistake, keep us up to date on the fix and let's all move on!

Not really that hard.
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • banshirbanshir Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I understand your anger, but as an IT person, I can say that stuff like this DOES happen. In a game as complex as STO, there's just no way to test everything.

They couldn't test this? All they had to do was open the account bank. It's clear as day.
    edited April 2015
    Might be a question of *how* it was tested. Some of the items in my bank, fleet bank and returned exchange items work fine since the patch. Maybe the regression test just wasn't thorough enough.

Whatever bugs are introduced in 10.5, I bet the bank and exchange will work falawwwwwwwwlesly after the heat Cryptic is taking! :D
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • banshirbanshir Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Might be a question of *how* it was tested. Some of the items in my bank, fleet bank and returned exchange items work fine since the patch. Maybe the regression test just wasn't thorough enough.

What type of items are they? For me, everything except consumables (stackable items) and kits have disappeared. The exceptions are two Personal Mobility shields, 1 Regenerative Shield Mk X, and a plasma pistol which is the only item I have ever crafted.
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Season 10 is the best season ever, and players love it."
    edited April 2015
    banshir wrote: »
    What type of items are they? For me, everything except consumables (stackable items) and kits have disappeared. The exceptions are two Personal Mobility shields, 1 Regenerative Shield Mk X, and a plasma pistol which is the only item I have ever crafted.

I didn't pay too close attention. I know one of them was a kit, and I think another was a deflector, a few consoles as well.
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • doowrekcepdoowrekcep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lets see - adding another set to the growing list
    3 toons
    DR. Whett Fartzz
    Donkey Punched
    Curt
    Who knows what all is missing
    26 items locked in return mail on delta toon
    I am afraid to check out the other two that have been going for two years.
    6 items missing from account bank

Someone from Cryptic SAY SOMETHING.
    The silence from them is speaking volumes right now.
  • calexistacalexista Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Already a week of this bug and no fix, no word on the progress of a fix, no compensation from them to make up for not having the auction, account bank and fleet Bank slots. Many of us are losing interest in even logging in to play since we have no access to stuff that we spent time collecting for the other toons or for features that we paid for. (Paid for refering to people that purchased account Bank storage but said storage is inaccessible due to the missing items still taking up the space prevnting the usage of said space the way it was ment to be used)

Cryptic really needs to keep the community updated and get this fixed. Without some sort of compensation I am sure that many people will quit buying any thing from the c-store at all until they have enough confidence that the items they are paying for will be there when they need it.
  • diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Affected Fleet bank of the Terran Federation Alliance and the account bank of @diabolical91
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Have a number of items blacked out in my account bank Carin@huskerklg
  • jamjullisonjamjullison Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is bad enough of an issue that it makes me not even want to sell stuff on the exchange. I did finally have an item earlier on 1 of my toons come back to me right. But everything else still blacked out. Of course our fleet is still missing loads of stuff in the bank. They need to do something to fix this. If they can't restore items, I think we need some sort of compensation for our problems. Even if restored we should get something for our mental anguish. If they can't be restored I think they need to give us a large amount of zen. 2000-3000 to make up for it. I am sure some people have lost millions of EC over this. I know I have lost quite a bit. if they can restore the lost items we should still get something for our trouble. I wouldn't say no to 1000 zen or a large amount of EC. Regardless of how we are restored, we are owed a lot for our trouble. So they better do something. It has been over a week now and it not being fixed is outrageous.
    edited April 2015
    Since Cryptic has been silent on the issue, I'm gonna go ahead and speculate.

I think this was a migration issue, not a code issue.

Since there aren't any reports on Tribble or Redshirt about this issue prior to 4/21, one *could* assume it was working fine on both those servers.

Then they went to move it into production and something went wrong. An older library got promoted instead of the current one, or some files just didn't get migrated at all. Now the code it borked.

Then the bank/exchange problems started pouring in. Cryptic figured "Oh %$#@, the code's borked. It's been in for hours and we'll catch hell if we roll back. We'll just fix it."

So the borked production code (all the bank/exchange probelms with it) were copied to Tribble to work on a fix. That could be why the black square issue was reported on Tribble *after* it was reported in production.

Like I said. This is just my theory, and in the absence of actual information, people are going to speculate.

Lesson learned. What's the point of having a backup if you don't use it?

It appears that fixing this is shaping up to be a bigger challenge than Cryptic thought. They may have spoken too soon when they said "Items won't be lost permanently". Plus, why are they asking us what we lost? Don't they have full access to the database? Wouldn't they be able to tell?

Many parents will say that when it gets real quiet in the children's room, something's wrong. Cryptic's silence is making me worried.

I don't know how this will pan out, but I'm staying away from the exchange until this is straightened out. I don't see any evidence that this will end well.
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
    edited April 2015
    Tribble was updated yesterday. A fix for the bank/exchange problem was *not* part of the update.

There is some good news, they added new Iconian Ship death explosion animation. Yaaaaaaay.
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • jamjullisonjamjullison Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    So entitled. I don't know, I think you get NOTHING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

We need something. I know I haven't lost as much as some of the big people, but I don't like being screwed over and neither does anyone else. Then add in they have gone quiet on this whole issues. It's like they just want to forget the whole thing and hope people forget about it. So we can't just let this issue go. We need to pressure them to make this up to us.
  • geographusgeographus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's like they just want to forget the whole thing and hope people forget about it.
    It is unlikely that people will forget about this since the items did not simply "vanish",
    they are still there, as inaccessible black/blue boxes that take up space in account-
    and fleet-banks as well as in the mail. As long as there is no way to get rid of these
    boxes by yourself (like drop/discard etc.) there is no way people will simply go on
    with this.

ATM I would be happy if there was an option to identify the items and get rid of them.
    Most of the stuff in my fleet- and account-bank was not THAT important, so I would
    gladly get rid of some of them to free up space, but only if I could make shure what
    it was.

The same goes for the returned exchange-mails. Currently I have 40 of those per
    character and I know that at least half of those items are not that valuable (< 50k EC),
    and if I could get rid of them just to be able to trade again and free up my inventory
    I would do it. But since I also had some items in the range of > 1M EC in there, I can
    and will not get rid of those mails because they don't include which item has been
    sent back (something they should really include in the mail).
    edited April 2015
    Shaka, when the bank failed.
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
    edited April 2015
    Hmmmm. I just logged in and 7 unsold items came off the exchange and I was able to retreive all of them:

Tricobalt mines
    Armor
    Ship shields
    A science kit module
    Datachip

That's unusual.

I'm not 100% sure, but I may have put these items on the exchange *after* the 4/21 update.

Maybe this issue only affects items that were on the exchange when the 4/21 patch hit?

Still not sure about bank/fleet bank items though.
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.