test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So I've put in a report and put one in on the forums as well, but no answers at all

teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
Cryptic, why is my character using a costume that I don't even have for the character anymore during cutscenes?

Every cutscene, my character is using a costume that I made when my char sided with the Klingons that I later on thought was ugly and changed. It's no in the saved outfits. It's not in my five different costume slots. I don't know what to do, but it's a really weird and annoying bug. I feel like I'm watching someone else's ugly character play the game.

Any players have this same bug? Any work arounds that they've found?

I remember Trendy making some point about how she didn't like a certain type of thread and didn't like the term Craptic and then congratulated some poster for listing complaints. Why can't that level of acknowledgement happen more often? There's been absolutely no confirmation that any one even notices this bug or that it's important.

Shouldn't it be though? It's not game killing, but if I were a first time player and saw that, I would walk away as soon as it started happening and no one gave me a response.
edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
Post edited by teknesia on

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know, but I've been having that issue off and on with my Delta Recruit Rom as well. Made her an outfit when she first signed on with the Republic, then later when she allied with the Feds I made her another, and she shows up in some cutscenes (not all!) with the old one. It's a little frustrating. I like her new outfit, doggone it!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    I don't know, but I've been having that issue off and on with my Delta Recruit Rom as well. Made her an outfit when she first signed on with the Republic, then later when she allied with the Feds I made her another, and she shows up in some cutscenes (not all!) with the old one. It's a little frustrating. I like her new outfit, doggone it!

Yeah. Part of the problem is that originally I envisioned a half-klingon, half-romulan character, but that looked ugly. So... now that she just looks like a Romulan there's a problem apparently.

Not trying to be a butt here about it, but it's frustrating that there's almost no acknowledgement that things are being taken care of or considered. Instead, we get bits and pieces about content being removed, because that's more important.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    well just sometimes perhaps they get fed up wearing what you want them to wear, feel like being a bit independent and choose to wear something they haven't worn in a while from their old closet.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You're not alone, with the bug & without any response to your report.

Get used to it.

But, no response doesn't necessarily mean that they haven't noted or are not working on a fix for it.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My Fed delta char wears the Intel jacket, but... somehow the opening cutscene with future me had her in the Academy uniform
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    well just sometimes perhaps they get fed up wearing what you want them to wear, feel like being a bit independent and choose to wear something they haven't worn in a while from their old closet.

You might have won my thread.
    You're not alone, with the bug & without any response to your report.

Get used to it.

But, no response doesn't necessarily mean that they haven't noted or are not working on a fix for it.

I don't think that's a solid argument. There seems to be a lot of things Cryptic does for STO that no one asked for or needed like removing content. On the flip side of that, how hard would it be to make a post of bugs acknowledged? Just a small tidbit on the status of the bug with a subject to change amendment at the end. I'm sure that the devs have a lot on their plate, but ultimately they build this game for people to play and enjoy, and solid customer service is part of that. Making the small effort to let us know how things are progressing in terms of these issues would go a long way, I think. Not acknowledging them or coming up with excuses not to is the opposite direction to go from satisfactory service.

Am I entitled to this? Maybe not. But I am a paying customer. That should matter. They should be so lucky that I'm willing to acknowledge my gripes with them instead of just walking away without giving them a chance to fix the problem and going to a different game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The above post may have not made it clear, but when Cryptic does things that are counter to our interest while there is no acknowledgement about things that are in our interest that we ask for, then it feels a lot like someone playing this game is being blatantly ignored.

My hat is off to Taco, Trendy, Borticus, and some of the other devs I see posting here lately, but it certainly feels like more could be done. I understand that the forums can seem devastating for a dev to argue with at times, but I'm not really asking for that as much as I am an understanding of how things are gong and what they are doing to fix issues. There doesn't need to be a thread of argument or anything. Just a simple list or statement.
  • Options
    sillett131#8260 sillett131 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Happens in cutscenes and the character select screen as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    iamdoom23 wrote: »
    Happens in cutscenes and the character select screen as well.

Yeah. The character select thing is fixable by logging out with your ground avatar.

Actually, that part got me thinking that what Cryptic ought to do is make sure the wear command affects more than just immediate appearance. It's clear that some aspect of the costume change isn't updating.
  • Options
    koihimenakamurakoihimenakamura Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Am I entitled to this? Maybe not. But I am a paying customer. That should matter. They should be so lucky that I'm willing to acknowledge my gripes with them instead of just walking away without giving them a chance to fix the problem and going to a different game.

Uh... what?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So what.

Show me where in the terms of service they promised us our characters would be able whatever we wanted in cutscenes.

Go play the KDF Manhunt mission with a scantily clad female Orion and watch as the character is forced to wear a different costume.

Nope. They have better things to do than respond to every manchild throwing a hissy-fit.

Entitled much? Yeah they are so lucky you chose to whine about something so insignificant. It's not like the game is plagued with serious game breaking issues that should be fixed first. Oh wait it is.

Exits on the left. Don't let it hit you in the butt on your way to those other games.

Thanks for the troll.
  • Options
    skeleskullyskeleskully Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My fed rom has this problem too. Luckily their appearance isn't drastically different from the 'stuck' outfit that appears at character select/beam down and certain cutscenes. It's still pretty annoying though.

I had a reman alt get bugged in the same way so I deleted them and started over as soon as I noticed it happening. I realized a possible cause: Early on when you're given a mission to visit the tailor on the Romulan Flotilla - do NOT change your appearance or add another costume. The glitch seems to occur at that point - as my Reman do-over never got the bugged outfit. I didn't change their appearance at all until after picking an allied faction.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Go play the KDF Manhunt mission with a scantily clad female Orion and watch as the character is forced to wear a different costume.
    BTW, is it possible to recreate that look? I kind alike it. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    BTW, is it possible to recreate that look? I kind alike it. :D

Yeah, that was a pretty cool look.

Also, that was on a cold planet. That was as intended to keep your char from freezing to death. Very different from an obvious defect.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    My fed rom has this problem too. Luckily their appearance isn't drastically different from the 'stuck' outfit that appears at character select/beam down and certain cutscenes. It's still pretty annoying though.

I had a reman alt get bugged in the same way so I deleted them and started over as soon as I noticed it happening. I realized a possible cause: Early on when you're given a mission to visit the tailor on the Romulan Flotilla - do NOT change your appearance or add another costume. The glitch seems to occur at that point - as my Reman do-over never got the bugged outfit. I didn't change their appearance at all until after picking an allied faction.

Yeah.. that might be it. I did chance the costume at that point because I was going from a civilian outfit to one that has to do with running around with the Romulan Republic.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If I log out from Ground, it shows the right costume on the selection screen.
    If I log out from Space, it shows the obsolete (and no longer in a slot) costume on the selection screen.

During the majority of cutscenes, it puts her back in the obsolete costume for the duration.
    I can only vaguely one or two instances where she's in the correct, current costume for a cutscene.

My oldest character doesn't have this issue (when he started there was no Odyssey costume, after all), it's like the "default" was "locked" at some point.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Question for the OP.... is the costume you are seeing in the cut-scene the one that is using the first/default costume slot? If so, try switching it to the costume you want and see if that corrects it.

Reason I ask is I'm wondering if it's related to the bug where the costume shown on the character select screen is always the "default" one.

Thanks for the response, but I already know about that bug. No, the costume I am referring to is simply gone. I got rid of it and there's another costume in whatever place it came from.
    I did go so far as to make sure though that my first costume listed is one using entirely free to use costume parts and not C-store stuff, but it really doesn't make any difference. The ugly one is still the default.
  • Options
    plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    teknesia wrote: »
    I don't think that's a solid argument. There seems to be a lot of things Cryptic does for STO that no one asked for or needed like removing content. On the flip side of that, how hard would it be to make a post of bugs acknowledged? Just a small tidbit on the status of the bug with a subject to change amendment at the end. I'm sure that the devs have a lot on their plate, but ultimately they build this game for people to play and enjoy, and solid customer service is part of that. Making the small effort to let us know how things are progressing in terms of these issues would go a long way, I think. Not acknowledging them or coming up with excuses not to is the opposite direction to go from satisfactory service.

Rock solid.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Hmmm... I'm wondering if it is somehow reading it from your saved costumes?

Thought about that too. I went into the folder and deleted them all.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My first response is, you're posting this in General which is not where bug reports go.

Second, I'm not seeing a lot of useful details that could be useful in trying to reproduce it. That leads me to ask questions, and I'm not even a Dev.
    What faction was the character? Reading between the lines, is it a KDF-aligned Rom?

What species was the characer? Again, not clearly stated. Alien?

Do you have an example of a cutscene where this happens reliably?

Do you have a link to a screenshot of the cutscene where this is occurring?

What's the character name@handle?

Do you have a link to a bug report somewhere else on the forums? Have you tried posting in the "Art" forum so an Artist can look at it?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    My first response is, you're posting this in General which is not where bug reports go.

Second, I'm not seeing a lot of useful details that could be useful in trying to reproduce it. That leads me to ask questions, and I'm not even a Dev.
    What faction was the character? Reading between the lines, is it a KDF-aligned Rom?

What species was the characer? Again, not clearly stated. Alien?

Do you have an example of a cutscene where this happens reliably?

Do you have a link to a screenshot of the cutscene where this is occurring?

What's the character name@handle?

Do you have a link to a bug report somewhere else on the forums? Have you tried posting in the "Art" forum so an Artist can look at it?

Well, I posted in bug reports, but nothing until today when someone else posted a similar problem in Art, which is not necessarily a bug forum.
    If that had been a response, I would have gladly given those details. Questions like these may seem obvious to some, but it could be easy to overlook if they're not asked. Seems more of argument for better responsiveness.

KDF-Rom, species Romulan, every scene thus far from DR, a fair share from before it. I could easily take one from Kobali. Nila@dorko1
  • Options
    nileight1nileight1 Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bug reports often don't get responses.
    If they responded to every one they wouldn't have time to, like, fix bugs and stuff.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    nileight1 wrote: »
    Bug reports often don't get responses.
    If they responded to every one they wouldn't have time to, like, fix bugs and stuff.

How much time does it really take to type up a list of known bugs? That sounds like a weak excuse.