test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Haggle missions for commodities

asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I can't find any Haggle missions for Commodities in and around DS9. I have tried looking on a Fed, KDF/Romulan and a KDF character. I have look on DS9 ground, trader, and space, also the sectors around DS9 and did no find any.

It may be a filter or tag or script is looking for the sector block name since these mission only appeared in the 3 sector blocks around DS9 and the 3 Support Nebulas (before they were butchered) and on DS9.
Post edited by asindar1 on

Comments

• novonovinovonovi Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having same issue with no Haggle missions showing up. Granted, they may be randomized and I'm just not hitting it during the times. However, even speaking to the Trader on DS9 - I'd usually see 1 available from him and there were none.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Confirmed, I haven't seen a single haggle assignment in 2 days in any of the former DS9/Cardassian sector blocks, that was pretty much never the case before the patch.
    ryuga81.png
  • shaunster5shaunster5 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Confirmed, I haven't seen a single haggle assignment in 2 days in any of the former DS9/Cardassian sector blocks, that was pretty much never the case before the patch.

Same here.. Went to every sector in the alpha quadrant today and not a single Haggle assignment was found. Haven't seen any since Season 10 dropped. I've checked multiple times per day over the last 2 days.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On this. One simple solution. Over near the entrance to teh Shipyard area is a small cafe across the hall. You'll find a fenerngi trader there. Talk to him, he offers trade missions.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • shaunster5shaunster5 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    trennan wrote: »
    On this. One simple solution. Over near the entrance to teh Shipyard area is a small cafe across the hall. You'll find a fenerngi trader there. Talk to him, he offers trade missions.

Haggle missions are not showing there either.
    edited April 2015
    Trennan,

As mentioned in my previous post - I tried the Ferengi (ie Trader) and had no luck. I have found 0 haggle missions and yet tons of the requests for the goods that come from them.
  • cruzistcruzist Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The run fractals in Tau Dewa appear to be missing also.
  • enemyunknowntmenemyunknowntm Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here.
    I spend a considerable amount of time in the doff missions and since the season 10 launch, i've only found two of these, one at the alpha quadrant at a random point (not near sector borders, the missions just refreshed for a moment and i stopped, then after moving a bit they reverted back to the missions i see on most of the quadrant and the timer was not near the reset time) and the other was at the trader in ds9.

By the way, i am aware of a post that shows the new borders where missions are supposed to change but this does not work for me,
    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5469/17042369619_962358155b_o.jpg
  • flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you wont get any of them, current map missions are not updating correctly they stay the same no matter where you go until they fix the problem they've known about since before S10 launch
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I saw two of these haggle missions last night at Vulcan sector space. So they do exist, but their frequency has dropped massively.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    grylak wrote: »
    I saw two of these haggle missions last night at Vulcan sector space. So they do exist, but their frequency has dropped massively.
    That's really strange then, because they used to only be available in Bajoran/Cardie space, not in the Beta Quadrant...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hopefully this is unnecessary and just posting the obvious, but to make sure people aren't mixing up the "trade for" and "haggle" missions:

missing Haggle missions:
    • Ferasan Nepeta leaves
    • Tulaberries
    • Unrefined Ketracel
    • Bateret Incense
    • jevonite
    • Shapeshifting lockets
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Huh. One of the ones I saw was 'Trade for' and one was Haggle for. Didn't realise there was a distinction between them other than phrasing, since they do the same thing missionwise.

I forget what it was haggle for I saw in Vulcan, but it wasn't any of those you listed. It was 100% certain it said Haggle in the title. I'll check my doff log tonight and check what it was for.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
    edited April 2015
    one you use gpl to buy the other is EC, but they wont show up in card soace becasue as I said the current map doff tab is really bugged bad
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited April 2015
    yeah, some t hings are messed up

good luck finding recruit romulan boff missions around new romulus

and the asylum for klingon refugee missions are gone from around qnos

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1442071
    edited April 2015
    yeah, some t hings are messed up

good luck finding recruit romulan boff missions around new romulus

and the asylum for klingon refugee missions are gone from around qnos

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1442071
    You can find them in operations, but asylums are best found from sector map, I hope they get off their butts and fix these bugs, 3 or 4 pages of bugs for this launch, whoever ok'd this launch should be embaressed
    edited April 2015
    flesson616 wrote: »
    You can find them in operations, but asylums are best found from sector map, I hope they get off their butts and fix these bugs, 3 or 4 pages of bugs for this launch, whoever ok'd this launch should be embaressed

yeah, I'm pretty familiar with it

in the past I've seen these missions in 3 possible places. current map, personnel, and operations. the things that I said in my post, reporting that the doff missions aren't there, trust me, it's not because I didn't look.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    glyken wrote: »
    Hopefully this is unnecessary and just posting the obvious, but to make sure people aren't mixing up the "trade for" and "haggle" missions:

missing Haggle missions:
    • Ferasan Nepeta leaves
    • Tulaberries
    • Unrefined Ketracel
    • Bateret Incense
    • jevonite
    • Shapeshifting lockets

Out of 14 characters stationed at DS9 I haven't seen a single one of those on any of them in the Alpha Quadrant. I also haven't seen any other "haggle for" assignments for regular commodities such as self sealing stem bolts, provisions, etc.
  • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have nit seen it for at least a dozen of my toons. Not a single one.

At the same time it seems that every sector update ADDs there jobs (if it is not in the list already). I never have had that much science/exploration from the science department before.
    I've seen that on toons, that I only use to start the Doff and R&D missions for collecting the special benefits. I'm not changing sectors or maps (no ground to space switches either). I just stay put on the map. log on, add missions, log off again. They're parked there for a few days now.
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I've doffed 3 times yesterday, 4 times going onto the 5th run shortly and as of yet I've not seen any haggles for gamma quadrant commodities. Where as I'd normally see them all at least once a day if not more.

Edit : Just finished run number 5 and still no gamma quadrant commodity haggles to be found.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

edited April 2015
    Could crypticfrost at least post whether you've looked into it, it's on the list or it's verified but won't be working until a regular patch? Something!?

I've yet to see these and I can't start the chains without buying high priced commodities from the exchange as stock is unable to be replenished. That or do away with the missions asking for the items and tell us these commodities are no longer useful thus freeing up bank space - which might be necessary due to glitched bank slots.

Thanks.
  • robothitchhikerrobothitchhiker Member Posts: 277 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I just saw one Haggle for Tulaberries somewhere near Mizar/Trill. I have yet to see any near Bajor/in DS9 space/on DS9/at the DS9 trader. So they are still in game but their locations may be set incorrectly?
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I just saw one Haggle for Tulaberries somewhere near Mizar/Trill. I have yet to see any near Bajor/in DS9 space/on DS9/at the DS9 trader. So they are still in game but their locations may be set incorrectly?

VERY INCORRECTLY even
    the former ZA BU and AT missions show in selective spots around Alpha Quadrant, most of the time its some generic assignments only in current map
    but this is good compared to what happens in Beta, there... assignments for EE, REG, PC all just flicker for a second on your window when you enter the sectors then poof its back to some generic assignments screen
  • m1957flaxm1957flax Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have seen one Haggle mission in the Arawath sector close to the Nebula there. In Chat somebody mentioned that one job is available there. I checked it and I found it.
    edited April 2015
    m1957flax wrote: »
    I have seen one Haggle mission in the Arawath sector close to the Nebula there. In Chat somebody mentioned that one job is available there. I checked it and I found it.

that's interesting, really, but stuff is still missing.

haggle mish showing up in one sector or randomly moving around or some other new plan <---- that's a really bad idea
    edited April 2015
    What's the official word on this, programmers/devs? Are these now rare random and ridiculous or is it broken and something is in the works?
  • starsvoidstarsvoid Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I thought they were bugged out and gone as well, then I came across one Tulaberries one yesterday.

Worth noting that all of the sectors generate a different list, so if you have a fast ship and cross sector space rapidly, you may actually be sweeping past them. Nonetheless, they are for sure not as common as they were. I wonder if that's intended.
  • neuro1gneuro1g Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    starsvoid wrote: »
    I thought they were bugged out and gone as well, then I came across one Tulaberries one yesterday.

Worth noting that all of the sectors generate a different list, so if you have a fast ship and cross sector space rapidly, you may actually be sweeping past them. Nonetheless, they are for sure not as common as they were. I wonder if that's intended.

Where did you see it?

I too have not seen a gamma commodity doff mission since S10 went live. I've been all over each quadrant and nothing.

Also have the problem of changing sectors and having the doff list change only to go back quickly to the short generic one. I reverse and try to find that sweet spot where I can find the new list. So doff missions in sector space definitely not WAI.

Gamma commodities should mostly be found in and around DS9 anyway (that's where the portal to the gamma quadrant is afterall). It's silly to go cruise the alpha for them. I'm OK with them being a little more scarce. Just put them back please :)
    edited April 2015
    if weird random placement is the new doff mission rule

then that's a terrible idea

people doff with alts if there isn't some area where the doff missions regularly cycle through it's going to ruin this part of the game for many many people

things should be rationally placed, not randomly

EDIT: a similar thing is happening with the doff mission where you convert klingon refugees into proper doffs. they are scattered about willy-nilly as opposed to sometimes showing up in and around q'nos.

it's a scavenger hunt where you have to check 12 spots and more than likely stuff isn't there

this type of scavenger hunt is not fun
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    So after doffing every four hours, 3-4 times per day. I've finally found a gamma quadrant haggle mission. Just one, mind you. Also prior to S10 I managed to get them in sync on every toon both kdf and Fed, but today I've only been able to pick it up on about half my toons.

I would like to point out that I used to see these missions more than once a day, until the updates to the doffing UI last year, after that I'd see a full cycle of them once per day, now I hoping that we don't end seeing one item per week.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!