test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Okay, I'll say it ...

2»

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,016 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Careful luv. Someone already mentioned Kirk and putting him and Captain Jack Harkness in the same thread may cause a Rule 34 singularity. :p

Too late! :D
    *FA-BOOM!!!!*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • freakshow046freakshow046 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Tsk tsk tsk, people...ya'll are presuming that M'tara IS a 'she'. Just because we might think of M'tara as being a 'she' does not at all mean that Iconians have the same genders we do, or anything else.

Or in other words, this ain't Mass Effect. :P
    prolegap wrote: »
    Well, people no doubt found this sexy at some point, so I don't have trouble believing that someone would find a featureless, vaguely female shape appealing.

To me she looks to be made of some kind of oily sludge. She, if it is a she in the first place, can't obviously be one of those "energy beings", as, like we all know from high school physics, energy is a property of matter, and can't exist independent of matter.

Doesn't the Preserver refer to her as "She"? And even call her "Daughter"?
    signature-03.png
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Eeeeeeeeek
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Tsk tsk tsk, people...ya'll are presuming that M'tara IS a 'she'. Just because we might think of M'tara as being a 'she' does not at all mean that Iconians have the same genders we do, or anything else.

Or in other words, this ain't Mass Effect. :P

The Preserver referred to M'Tara as a "daughter," and she has a female model, so that's what I'm going with.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OP i think she would kill your little captain.
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Somebody call for Captain Jack Harkness?

DAMMIT you beat me to it!
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hey..as long as she's not a smoker

Today I learned that I consider smoking a bigger turn off than genocide. It's important to learn things about yourself.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Yes. As is the voice actor. As is her general form. I can't imagine why anyone would question it.

She does seem to be wearing an armored shell of some type unless she's got something like chitin instead of skin. Could be either I suppose but I'd assume armor given what the Rep armor looks like.

If armor, we really don't know what she looks like...

But size eyes seems an reasonable assumption.
  • coulomb2coulomb2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    talonxv wrote: »
    Oh god some would do anything with a pulse. Yech.

How can you be sure she even HAS a pulse?!
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    I don't know about anybody else, but I have a "don't date genocidal maniacs" rule...

Well they say that copulation is a great stress reliever. Maybe all she needs to not be a genocidal maniac is a good time. ;)
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    edited April 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    I don't know about anybody else, but I have a "don't date genocidal maniacs" rule...

Is there some sort of the "Hot / Genocidal Maniacs" matrix or is that just contained in the standard Hot/Crazy Matrix?
  • intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Good lord you all are a bunch of sick, twisted, and demented group. I now wonder what it says about me sence read this entire post and could play to both sides. :P
    edited April 2015
    Pretty sure Genocidal Maniac is a subset of Crazy so yes, it would be covered in the Hot/Crazy Matrix.

Not that I've done any extensive research on the subject or anything... >.>;

Upon some thought, I agree.

So that means that there does exist a level of Hot that would justify the OP's reaction... I'm doubtful that M'tara reaches it however. Those six eyes...

She does get a lot of mileage out those heels and legs however. My wife noticed them... yeah. I'm going with that.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dunno. As a whole, nah, wouldn't. But she's got quite the nice body shape and skimpy armour; on a body and head that's more... relatable I can completely understand OP's desires.

...Oh who am I kidding I'm a freak, physically I'd be interested in her as-is. The psycho genocidal maniac thing though? Noooope. That's where the holodeck comes in.
  • prolegapprolegap Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    equinox976 wrote: »
    Oh dear... you did it!

No going back for you now bergins :(

From the page you linked to:
    Godwin's law does not claim to articulate a fallacy

In other words, the law says nothing about if an argument mentioning the TRIBBLE is valid or not, only that they'll be mentioned at some point.

You're probably right. I'm a massive fan of scifi, and Trek by extension, but when it comes to STO, I often zone out during dialogue.
    edited April 2015
    prolegap wrote: »
    You're probably right. I'm a massive fan of scifi, and Trek by extension, but when it comes to STO, I often zone out during dialogue.

I'm amazed at how many people do that. Including my son, who never reads the text and just skips the cut scenes.

It must be a lot of people, games (including this one) are set up so that doing that doesn't interrupt play or cause you much in the way of problems. The few times it does, it's generally with the more difficult instances that have a lot of walk-throughs for them online.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    5 Pages and we've officially referenced Godwin's law. You guys are getting quicker and quicker...

I'm closing this thread because I'm confused and concerned at to what direction this is going.
    (But really M'tara? There are such better Iconians... ok I'm not even going to start debating this)
This discussion has been closed.