• Options
    unkonowunkonow Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    on my one it still crashing :mad::mad::mad::mad::
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    *sigh*

I logged in and started doff assignments on a character then switched to another who was at DS9. I started a couple doff assignments and R&D projects then the game crashed right after clicking the beam up to ship button and the beam out animation started. First time it crashed on me since some time before season 10 launch. :(
  • Options
    shatteredheartandsoulshatteredheartandsoul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've seen a reply from Cryptic that the GameClient error that is causing crashing is an ISP problem. I've been in game with my teammates at the same time all over the world and we will all get loss connections at the same time. Additionally I live 100 miles from Cryptic in Los Gatos California, so my question is am I using the same ISP that others are using all over the USA? Obviously not, sounds to me like the problems are a little closer to home Cryptic! Players can see non-sense, so stop playing the blame game and fix the real problem please.

You may be 100 miles from their California office but the servers for STO are on the east coast in a decrepit data center that PWE has been avoiding updating for years.

That however has nothing to do with their devs not being able to write game code and stacking bad data on on top of previous bad data without even the hint of a fix.

THAT bad game design stratagey is the cause of the client crashes, directx errors, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Oh and by the way... Models for season 10... also bad. Yes art department I'm pointing at you.

Sad that every other game development team works to make their products as compatible with as many end user systems as possible while PWE/Cryptic say f*** it throw some s*** together.
  • Options
    historynerd1historynerd1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    DS9 territory seems to be a no-fly-zone these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Go and have a wee, the second act gets considerably weirder." -Tim Minchin
  • Options
    tilviustilvius Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For me, the problem was with an option. GPU-accelerated particles. Having that off has allowed me to play the game without any crashes. I did start the game on Safe Mode first and then set the graphics up. Still playing windowed but im not bothered. Game still on high graphics and the game hasn't crashed once...

http://i.imgur.com/keebDIk.jpg <---- Display

http://i.imgur.com/8hPxjg1.jpg <--- Graphics ( Arrowed yellow )

http://i.imgur.com/1Ljp3We.jpg <--- Advanced
  • Options
    lutherfrylutherfry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The game client keeps crashing to desk top since the last up date from PW/Cryptic.
    I have tried:
    1. lowering the graphics to the lowest settings. still crashes
    2. forced verification of the game upon start-up. still crashes
    3. rebooted PC in combinations of the above actions. game still crashes.

Some times a crash report launches and supposedly sent off to tech support.

many times the crash report never launches or closes before completion.

I play a number of online games and this company has the worst technical and customer support I have ever seen.

Really regretting buying a lifetime member ship at this point and warn all that read this post not to buy anything for any of the games ran by Perfect world/Cryptic.

If anyone can provide a solution to this I would be deeply thankful. I am an old man out of his depth here and can really use your help Ladies and Gentlemen.
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yreodred wrote: »
    I just had 3 crashes in a row at Zaira system Mission: Emancipation (Daily) at the ground part.
    It was,'t even in combat, just running from point A to B.
    Crashes appear to be random.
    Never had crashes for a long time (some years).

Nvidia Drivers are up to date, btw.

I'm getting the same crash at the same point. Zaira System Mission: Emancipation, though this is the non-daily version. I also had it in the Dyson Ground Battlezone.
  • Options
    rangerman25rangerman25 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    borgx666 wrote: »
    i too am having random game crashes since the 5th anniversary started, the game will freeze for a few seconds then i will get dumped back to desktop with no error reports or anything

just another bug in a very long line of bugs :mad:

I'm getting these errorless dumps all the time. When my graphics were on Max every 5 minutes on low every 30 minutes. And before you say get a better comp, my computer can handle the intensive graphics easily just not on STO for some odd reason
  • Options
    djshadowcatdjshadowcat Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is the latest responce from my prob

Response Via Email (Ashynt) 05/08/2015 10:44 AM
    Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us and we apologize for the inconvenience.

As of the moment we are unable to provide an ETA regarding your concern; however, kindly wait for the next patch for the fix.

Also, this is due to the nature of the Internet itself, the location of the servers you are accessing and the path your connection takes from your end until it reaches the server you want to access. This means your connection to our servers prior to this issue was going through a different path, hence, you were not having problems then.

However, when you started to experience problems, one major possibility was that your connection is now going through a different path than before. This can happen to any games, websites, and any online services. This is the nature of the Internet, and one factor why this occurs is because the different ISPs -- who have control over the countless of routers located across the world -- continually update their systems and protocols to keep the load in their respective routers and bandwidth, balanced. As such, this issue is an ISP-to-ISP issue, since this concerns their peering and interconnectivity with each other.

We have no say in how the ISPs want to setup their network, we ourselves are only a subscriber of another ISP. The best we can do is collate these issues (which we have and are doing), send it to the tech team, and inform our ISP. Beyond that, just like on your end, it's already an ISP-to-ISP conversation. As such, it will greatly help if your ISP is also made aware of the issue, and it is very possible for them to make adjustments and improve your connection.

You can also check the following websites for the latest and live information on the health of the Internet:

* Real-time Web Monitor: http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html
    * Digital Attack Map: http://www.digitalattackmap.com
    * Cyberthreat Real-time Map: http://cybermap.kaspersky.com

Thank you very much for your patience and continued patronage.

Regards,
    Ashynt
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
  • Options
    stargazer99999stargazer99999 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yreodred wrote: »
    I just had 3 crashes in a row at Zaira system Mission: Emancipation (Daily) at the ground part.
    It was,'t even in combat, just running from point A to B.
    Crashes appear to be random.
    Never had crashes for a long time (some years).

Nvidia Drivers are up to date, btw.

same problem in zaria except was in non daily mission dont know if any one else had it happen just past the 2nd teleport inhibitor since that was where i got bumped now 3th time in a row.
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If the game client doe's not crash it times out. This has been going on for weeks many tickets sent in with no responce. The only way I can log into the game is in safe mode.
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    they're aware of the issue ( and are ,apparently , trying to fix it )

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1444991&page=5
  • Options
    atticusx2atticusx2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi all. New player of only 3 days now.
    As of today I started noticing the gameclient.exe has stopped working crashes a lot. Sometimes it's almost immediately after entering the game, other times I can go about 15 to 25 minutes. Once today I was trying to place charges around a Klingon outpost and I must have crashed 5 times just running down a corridor and planting 4 bombs. I'm trying to see if I like this game enough to sink money into it. Unfortunately, even though I do like the game play, the crashes and apparent lack of concern from the devs is turning me away from this game.
    I hope they can fix this very soon.