test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Silence on all Channels

zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
I noticed this about a year ago, but didn't worry about it as I didn't really need to talk to anyone other than when I teamed up for a PvE Que. Even then there is usually very little conversation.

With the new Que's, and the apparent constant fails of Advanced, I decided it was time to join a Channel for doing STF's. So I joined two, PublicEliteSTF and DPS-Public, and in both cases I have been met with complete silence. I've posted into the channel, and seen my comment, but never anything from anyone else.

So now I come here and ask: What's going on here?
Post edited by zaynar on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I suppose everybody is doing missions with Delta Recruits? Sorry I don’t know…

My question mark encounter was on Sunday morning in the Romulan adventure zone. Had to do the final mission there to grab the 32k rep dil n marks for the console for my Delta. Of course I didn’t have unlocked the transporters so went on foot.

Now guess how many people I ran into…
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    True, but I would think with between 100 and 400 people in the channel there would be some conversation.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I usually spend more time with my fleet members and in game friends than channel peeps. I can tell you only one thing. Ever since DR I noticed a sudden lack of interest in team up for general PvE. I still can get matches to run when I want to but its always the same handful (or three) of people.

Reason is Cryptic with its engineered event structure. Sure you can team up for levelling but aside form a server wide goal behind the curtains of a progression bar the delta recruitment thingy wasn’t exactly a mmopg masterpiece for team oriented play so peeps tend to level their toons for themselves, hence the silence in respective chats. Players are either busy doing something else, AFKing or only log in briefly to doff before they have fun elsewhere.

Don’t get me wrong here. I liked Delta Recruitment and had much fun, just not in team PvE maps these channels are build for.

What do you think happened to the No Win Scenario channels when Cryptic patched that mission out?

Think it’s the same one here just not that radical.

Wait for next CC or mirror event and those chats will be full of life calling for lf9m CCA.

CCA
    CCA
    CCA+
    CCA
    CCA toon
    CCA
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Check your privacy settings in the Social menu; if you've set the "only friends and fleet can chat" to "yes" [or "on" or whatever it was], then it'll silence all public chat. Especially if ESD zone is also a ghost town; then you know for certain that setting's on.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well I usually spend more time with my fleet members and in game friends than channel peeps. I can tell you only one thing. Ever since DR I noticed a sudden lack of interest in team up for general PvE. I still can get matches to run when I want to but its always the same handful (or three) of people.

Reason is Cryptic with its engineered event structure. Sure you can team up for levelling but aside form a server wide goal behind the curtains of a progression bar the delta recruitment thingy wasn’t exactly a mmopg masterpiece for team oriented play so peeps tend to level their toons for themselves, hence the silence in respective chats. Players are either busy doing something else, AFKing or only log in briefly to doff before they have fun elsewhere.

Don’t get me wrong here. I liked Delta Recruitment and had much fun, just not in team PvE maps these channels are build for.

What do you think happened to the No Win Scenario channels when Cryptic patched that mission out?

Think it’s the same one here just not that radical.

Wait for next CC or mirror event and those chats will be full of life calling for lf9m CCA.

CCA
    CCA
    CCA+
    CCA
    CCA toon
    CCA

So you mean I'll have an actual reason to play my Fed Sci again or my KDF Sci. Really should reskill both to be more accomadting to teh gravity well.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wondering about this myself as well.

In my case, not listing any LFT there has been due to:
    1. Being locked out of the game due to the S10 patches with DX Fatal Errors, which on an old DX9 card haven't occurred anymore (my good card died at the same time so couldn't even try any workarounds with it)
    2. Running Feature Episode Uneasy Allies on all toons for the much needed ground gear
    3. Leveling and obtaining resources for gear for 2 delta recruits
    4. More engagement with new fleet members
    5. Mining and crafting for gear, fleet members, and fleet projects

That said, I do plan on listing more LFT there, and checking the channels or pinning them on main chat window.

While I do like failure conditions, at least the ones that aren't made DPS-dependent like UIA, because it makes the missions actually intense and fun, and also don't mind seeing honest failures when the team honestly couldn't pull through with lowly alts, it's the pointless failures in a row from 1 or 2 teammates who are oblivious to everything in the mission that make it frustrating. Pre-made team gives the option of no longer inviting those who A) are on the ignore list B) repeatedly and consistently ruin it for the team while being rude/etc. & unwilling to learn and take hints C) are on watch lists.

For those reason I hope the channels will continue to be active, and will try harder to allocate some limited to to participate in these more & also list LFTs more regularly.

Silence in them or minimal discussion is always welcome as it keeps them clear for easy viewing and organizing of LFTs.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • zaynarzaynar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Think I figured it out, you have to be viable to all in order to see chat. So much for my anti-social behavior. :D
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zaynar wrote: »
    I noticed this about a year ago, but didn't worry about it as I didn't really need to talk to anyone other than when I teamed up for a PvE Que. Even then there is usually very little conversation.

With the new Que's, and the apparent constant fails of Advanced, I decided it was time to join a Channel for doing STF's. So I joined two, PublicEliteSTF and DPS-Public, and in both cases I have been met with complete silence. I've posted into the channel, and seen my comment, but never anything from anyone else.

So now I come here and ask: What's going on here?

The single player grid so much fun you can't blame people for liking it.:eek:
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ssargon wrote: »
    Check your privacy settings in the Social menu; if you've set the "only friends and fleet can chat" to "yes" [or "on" or whatever it was], then it'll silence all public chat. Especially if ESD zone is also a ghost town; then you know for certain that setting's on.

I can turn off ESD chat? Sweet sassafras!
    w8xekp.jpg
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    try using the command /Whitelist_Chat 0 just enter it in your chat console the same as you would an emote

this will tell the server side of the chat client to allow all chat comms regardless of your current client side settings and/or server side settings. because as with many things in this game, sometimes the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing.. hell, sometimes it even thinks its a foot.

hope that helps

regards

*edit

Sorry, i really should learn to read better, i flew off at a tangent and thought the op was having trouble with not seeing much chat in general lol. 'On topic' i have noticed a massive comms drop in the 'pve channels' too, sometimes i worry that my chat bug has returned to haunt me, so i'll jump into sector space and await the mass spam that now exists there... doesnt take long to appear at all :D
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • crusader0007crusader0007 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zaynar wrote: »
    True, but I would think with between 100 and 400 people in the channel there would be some conversation.

Those numbers might be overinflated. Kinda same as fleet rosters showing 500 when in reality most are deadwood. I'm sure those numbers were since it was created and many have left the game. Better luck to spam in zone/local for more players and do a private match.