test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dude looks like a lady

prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Just ran the Kobali ground missions on my new toon and, after you take control of the points before going after the final objective up on the hill, you speak with Taikun Lims, a nice Kobali lady with a GRUFF MALE VOICE.

I thought this would have been fixed by now? What gives?

Also, while we're talking about amusing little glitches, in the Undine mission where you have to go to ESD as it's being destroyed, take a moment to look out the window to observe the damage - if for anything, to see the Andorian standing in the dead of space kind of "dancing"... I know they like the cold, but geez!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
Post edited by prierin on

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It was fixed for some kobali, not all however.

That said, its funny so I personally wouldn't bother cryptic too much for its removal. They might just get around to it. :P
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cryptic has troubles with voices, it seems. That's like Van'Zyl who has her voice-overs completely disorganized at the beginning of Uneasy Allies.

Well, at least, the fact you can get Iconian Datacores for this mission means more people will notice and report this... again.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's 3 packs a day of smoking Kobali reds.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited April 2015
    That's 3 packs a day of smoking Kobali reds.

You win! LOL Now if Cryptic could just get a ciggy to hang from her mouth when she talks...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Kobali: Son, we'll make a Woman out of you yet.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ROFL thats awesome i hope they don't fix it.
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All of a sudden, I have a sudden urge to pull out all my old Aerosmith cassettes...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    All of a sudden, I have a sudden urge to pull out all my old Aerosmith cassettes...

:)
    CM

Phu-leeze...

Who puts away Aerosmith?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    You win! LOL Now if Cryptic could just get a ciggy to hang from her mouth when she talks...

Even more funny if she puffs it from a stoma, while belting shots of Jim Beam.
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ahh yes Takin' Limbs... the voice is amusing once you get past how unsettling it initially is except for one thing; it's Q'nel. He seems to possess most/all of the Kobali out in the field. Hopefully when they fix her she just gets a different, but unique male voice...
  • Options
    zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Years later the Andorian at the starfleet academy is still talking to the couch. :eek:
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't forget the invisible Ferengi in the Solanae Dyson Sphere.
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It really bothered me that Taris sounds like a transvestite....
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Don't forget the invisible Ferengi in the Solanae Dyson Sphere.

Yeah, he never USED to be invisible.... now ir's like... "Wait, what's that noise?"

OMG WHO'S TALKING?!?! DIVIDIANS!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    prierin wrote: »
    OMG WHO'S TALKING?!?! DIVIDIANS!!!
    A Devidian having gained the mind of a Ferengi and representing them?

And the Ferengi call us "worse than the Borg"... They managed to turn brain-neural-energy-hungry beings from another dimension into money-hungry beings!
    I'm sure even the Iconians would be horrified by such evil.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1