test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

please take doffing seriously,

olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I know you guys are hamstrung with the re-org and it's probably a mess of bugs with an expansion

but, please don't underestimate the doffing issues

sure, it's not the core of the game, but it adds a significant amount of ... color to the game

EDIT: my sense is that the changes to beyond "we just moved everything and you haven't found it yet", stuff is missing or overly random placement.
Post edited by olliereport on

Comments

• chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you might want to edit that and list exactly what the DOff issues are, with as much detail s possible, since your current post is useless to the bug swatters
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited April 2015
    ah, scan a few of the pages in this forum, the message is here already
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    ah, scan a few of the pages in this forum, the message is here already

Did you even bother reading the sticky about bug reports? Your OP is just a waste or bytes.

Now if you had tried:
    1) Ghosts of Jem'Hadar missing 5th assignment from the chain after sector revamp.
    2) Failed assignments should not autocomplete.
    3) Assignment log needs to be increased to 23 to allow all completed assignments to show. With the limit of 16, assignments get dropped easily form the log.
    4) Assignments aren't' changing when crossing the new sector grouping limits. You only get new assignments on the edges of where assignments are supposed to change per Taco's map on reddit. Otherwise, you just get the same assignments all over each quadrant.
    5) Gamma commodities assignments have become very rare.

Now that seems like a more comprehensive list of bugs. Then I'd add a wish most of the community has:

1) Doff assignments should be ordered by least time to completion to most.

Way more useful than your rant post.
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited April 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Did you even bother ...

... than your rant post.

I'm not sure you really know what a rant post is, your reply is a little ranty but not a ton. Quite franky, there's so much sideways at times in this game I can't really even work up the energy for a proper rant anymore.

I mean really, they have some fish to fry here, the increasing lag in this game that was compounded by s10? That is big, and it's from multiple issues, and they probably have to be figured out individually. Yuck. I'm sure that's a priority, no doubt.

Why I posted is that I think on the business side of things it's easy to sideline doffing. Why I posted is that I think that's a big mistake. Doffing could easily be one of the top 1 to maybe 3 things people do in this game. It's what people with alts do. And they do it even more now to get through the XP wasteland from 50 to 60.

So, just a gentle reminder/request to please not sideline or forget this area of the game.

EDIT: I didn't realize some of the things you pointed out, I've been looking for the ghosts of the JH one forever. Yes, the same assignments all-over thing is a problem, everything except the ones I'm looking for at times.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When you start a thread in the bug section, you need to insert links or examples for the bugs you encounter.

You could at least have hijack an existing thread to state your opinion, and not just "scan the forum for the bugs I mean".. You dont think they will start searching for them after the vague hints.