test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do mandatories on "Brotherhood Advanced" alternate?

mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
It's:
  • Stage 2: heal Orion?
  • Stage 3: Targs?

Right?
d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No, they indeed alternate.

Stage two: Rescue fire team, help KHG-Squad
    Stage three: Targs, Orion

Sometimes one is optional, the other is mandatory (in the same stage), sometimes its the other way around. Especially the roulette with the Orion makes advanced..."interesting" if there is no Sci to heal him.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So, not only do the Iconian devices randomize, but the objectives alternate?

Terrific.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's the same spin the wheel game I played with Viscous cycle elite for months collecting hundreds of argonites while hoping to avoid the anomaly optional.

This one is a little better since you have a sporting chance. Will it get fixed in some way. I don't think so. That orion is the chancellor's brother in law and he has been badly beaten up by that wizard herald. We got to get him out of there.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Where exactly is the Orion at? The last couple times playing this mission I could not find him when the objective appeared despite looking all around and I am a healer so could ensure that part succeeds if I could find the darned guy lol. I tend to go blind to a lot of details with all the chaos that goes on in all these missions.

In fact is there a video or guide now done by anyone that shows/explains where all the optional/mandatory objectives are?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Where exactly is the Orion at? The last couple times playing this mission I could not find him when the objective appeared despite looking all around and I am a healer so could ensure that part succeeds if I could find the darned guy lol. I tend to go blind to a lot of details with all the chaos that goes on in all these missions.

In fact is there a video or guide now done by anyone that shows/explains where all the optional/mandatory objectives are?

The videos I watched were terrible and done on normal.

The Orion is in the 3rd area. He is behind the activation console back against the wall in a little alcove behind the largest type of Herald who is attacking him. As you enter the area he is straight ahead then slightly to the left.

Kill the herald then use a medical tricorder then run to the slums (indicated on your minimap) before the rest of the team can shut down the 2 iconian devices.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited April 2015

The Orion is in the 3rd area. He is behind the activation console back against the wall in a little alcove behind the largest type of Herald who is attacking him. As you enter the area he is straight ahead then slightly to the left.

Kill the herald then use a medical tricorder then run to the slums (indicated on your minimap) before the rest of the team can shut down the 2 iconian devices.

And science players are the only ones who can accomplish this?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »

Missions like this make me all the more glad I've stuck to that role hehe. Everyone wants to DPS, but I like being that little insurance if some patching up and tanking is required. This mission is absolutely an example of one that rewards more than just DPS which I like. I just wish to know and understand all the optionals then I will happily play this on Elite just as much as Bug Hunt Elite.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've seen engineers using the med generators as well, though he is on zero health so that is not as good. I have not tried the temporal device.

• Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've seen engineers using the med generators as well, though he is on zero health so that is not as good. I have not tried the temporal device.

Temporal device only affects team. Omega T5 helps a bit. Med gen works too, but takes quite some time.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Perhaps someone can take the map of first city and mark the names plus where all objectives are? That should be good enough for most people to know where to go for the objectives.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mhall85 wrote: »
    I think tacs can use Rally Cry to give him at least a minor heal/damage resist boost.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I actually had 1 Brotherhood were both were up. Had to do Orion and Targs.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Perhaps someone can take the map of first city and mark the names plus where all objectives are? That should be good enough for most people to know where to go for the objectives.

Orion is in the in corner there, next to the lower plains entrance as you come up on the iconian device. Usually indicated by the Incons clustered in that area. Easy to find. Run up to Iconian device, and turn an face opposite of the "wall" that blocks of stage 4. With that to your back, the wall to your front, the orion will be behind the rubble on the right against the wall.

Targs are down in the pit area to the right, as you go toward the "wall" that stops you from getting to stage 4.
    Mm5NeXy.gif