test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can not login with several characters

Hello,

since yesterday i have a problem, which is, that i am unable to log in with i think 2 of my characters. In the selection screen they are not properly loaded, the only thing i see of them is a funky distorted transporter beam effect.
When i click play, it asks me about the safe map login stuff. Tried both options. Always at around 94% it says "disconected from server" and nothing happens anymore (Waited for like 5 minutes)

What i already tried:

- Using safe map login option
- Setting proxys in options
- Force verified all files

/to clarify: Its the red "disconected from server" "banner" in the top of the screen i am seing, the loading screen animation continues, although the % display stops, as stated, at around 94%.
Post edited by dixonhill on

Comments

• dixonhilldixonhill Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Still having this problem. The characters are "stuck" on some mission maps or something. Thought the mainantance would correct the problem, it did not ;(
  • inkblot014inkblot014 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm having the same issue. I have 8 characters - 6 login just fine, but 2 get stuck at 94% and "Server Not Responding" with a timer that just goes on forever.

I have to end-task on the whole client, and when I go back in I can still login to 6 of the 8, but these 2 'broken' ones prompt me with: "An error occured while transferring this character to its destination map. Would you like to safely log into this character's last non-mission map, or attempt to login normally?"

Neither option ("Normal Login" or "Safe Login") work.

I've tried logging a ticket, and when I go to support.arcgames.com I just stuck in a loop trying to login to the support system.

One of the two affected is a new Delta alt...he's only lvl 12, I could restart him without much loss. But the other is my original. My main. Level 55 Fed Engineer, and means everything to me. I don't know what to do, and i'm scared.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm having the same issue with one of my characters, but mine didn't happen until my internet died during the new mission Blood and .. After that logging in with my romulan is impossible.
  • manuelsimanuelsi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problem with my main. It stops at 94%
  • raptorek33raptorek33 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i have the same problem i cant log into ds9 in my 1 character game crashes on 94%
    support change my character location 2 times
    today i hoped thay fix it after patch
    change character on ds9 try to go back and crash i send 3 ticket and i am not happy
    edited April 2015
    Still having this issue, does not seem to correct itself. Guess i need to contact CS?
  • drbillmddrbillmd Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm having the same issue on 1 of my 6 toons. Was able to log in once and changed locations. Now can't get back in at all. The other 5 characters are fine.
    Bill.png
  • bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same thing here, added to which one of the characters I can't log into vanished from my character list.

Customer support are looking into the missing character, but they haven't responded to the unable to login issue yet.
    Here's hoping they'll get both issues sorted soon.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
  • atlmyklatlmykl Member Posts: 305 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    Same here. I can log in with my delta alts but I cannot log in under my main. Went from almost buying some zen for keys to looking for a new game to play. For me it started right after the mini patch on April 23rd. Played a bit before the patch on my main, have not been able to get on my main since.
  • koriel8koriel8 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem here. It only affects my Delta Recruit. It's preview does not load the ship or crew, just shows the last ship my previously selected character uses.

I'm also getting "An error occurred while transferring this character to its destination map,"

When I select Play, loading stops at 94% then it endlessly goes on as "server not responding".

The ARC support page is down - I can't access it from the website nor the ARC portal program.
  • vytaevytae Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same issue with one character thus far. Shows the wrong ship above her(actually shows previously chosen character's ship) when logging in I get the server not responding endless counter withing 2 seconds of pressing play on that character... getting tiresome as I want to offload what items are left on that character and delete them to re-roll a delta character
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i have had similar problems with my Characters, ther were stuck on maps. A Fleetmate could help me:

If you get CtDs while trying to log in, because your character is stuck on a map (they don't reappear in sector space anymore) then switch to another toon and from that toonthen switch to the on that is stuck and during the transfer/while you change get toons press one of the movement keys (wasd)

Worked for me, i switched to my Delta recruit, then from the Recruit to my main, that was stuck, and while the character was loading i kept pressing "w".
    edited April 2015
    Still having the issue on 2 of my 8 characters, and I finally got a support ticket opened. I can avoid the redirect loop at support.arcgames.com by logging out of the website. Then, I submitted a ticket using the "Can't Log In?" button. Something seriously wrong with that site if you can't login.

Anyway, whilst trying to diagnose things, I found someone mention you can add "-console" to the command line and get a diagnostic console. Open the launcher (I'm using the classic one), click "Options" and scroll down until you see "Command Line', then just add "-console" (without the quotes) to the box.

With that running, I tried a stuck character and this is what I see:

Waiting for new GameServer address from LoginServer 208.95.186.37:7423... do
    ne.
    (0.19)
    Connecting to GameServer 208.95.186.51:7325... done. (0.19)
    Done. (0.38)
    ERROR: GameServer not responding

Details: GameServer address 208.95.186.51:7325, client link instance 1
    ERROR: Client possibly stuck in gclLoadingGameplay_BeginFrame.

Details: GotWorld 0, ReadyForGeneral 0, Patching 0

Patch Streaming: Entering inactivity

...and then nothing more, even as the "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" kept creeping past 1000 seconds.

That character shows as being in "Eta Eridanai Sector Block", the other stuck one is still in "Iota Pavonis Sector Block". Whatever's happened, they're stuck in the old sector map and can't login. If someone on the Cryptic side could move them to the new sector space, I bet we'd be fine.
    edited April 2015
    AHHHHHH!!!!! They work again! I just logged in, and at character selection clicked on my stuck toons to see if anything happened. This time, Captain, Ship & Crew all appeared and I can log into both of them.

No response on my support ticket yet, but I'm so happy right now.
    edited April 2015
    Same here, my chars are back in business :)

Now, i did turn of "patch on demand" and forced verified the files again. The game patched like 4 GB...too bad i have no idea if that helped, or someone at cryptic rescued our chars, because my ticket is still open and unanswered too.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same damn issues.

At about 12 am today I was at DS9 using the exchange when suddenly I was disconnected from the game. I logged back in and selected my character but on the loading screen I got disconnected again but with an error "Timed out connecting to gameserver". I had played the game up to this point for a few hours without a single disconnect issue. In fact this is the first time I've had any kind of disconnection issues since season 10 launched.

I tried a different character and was able to log in. After a few minutes I tried the first character and was able to log in on him. Then I switched characters to collect rewards for doff assignments and get R&D projects when it happened again! Couldn't log back in on that character. So then I switched to another character and AGAIN it happened.

I found after waiting about 20-30 minutes I was able to log in on those characters. So I logged in on my ferasan and waited a couple minutes. Nothing happened. I beamed to my ship and nothing happened. I transwarped to Qo'nos and at loading screen I DC'ed and couldn't log back into the character again for a while.

After a while I decided to work on the breen episodes on a delta recruit. At about 4:40 am I was doing the episode 'Out in the Cold'. I defeated the breen ships and went to beam to the mine with my away team for the next part and on the loading screen I got the "Timed out connecting to the gameserver" error and couldn't log back into my character. At this point I give up for the day.

No idea WTF is going on because this problem came on so suddenly when, for the most part, the game was running fairly decent all this time.

And as others have experienced, each time I got the timed out error on the loading screen it was at 94%. Also, it didn't work when tying normal or safe log in for the characters at the select screen (it said in red text something about an error when changing maps but most of the time I wasn't doing that. I was just standing around DS9). I tried 'Safe Mode' in the options of the STO launcher and that didn't fix anything. Force verifying files didn't work either. Nothing worked other then waiting about 20-30 minutes or so before trying again on the affected characters.

This is really starting to aggravate me. :mad:
    edited April 2015
    *sigh*

Can't log into my Talaxian. Every time I try, at the character select screen, I get disconnected when the loading screen reaches 94% (Timed out connecting to gameserver).

In game I clicked the '?' on the mini map and the request help from GM button and chose the option for stuck character->can't log in/can't transfer maps. I also went to my ticket history under support in Arc right after to add more info on what is happening when trying to log in on that character. I get the message with Normal and Safe log in options at the character select screen but neither option works.

Well customer supports response:
    If your character is stuck in a mission, please leave the instance for 15 minutes to reset the mission. If you are unable to leave the mission instance, logging out for 15 minutes or longer will remove the character from the mission instance for you.

If the character is stuck on a ground map, you can beam up to your ship by using the “Beam Up” button by the minimap, or in some cases in the lower right corner of your screen.

What part of "I can't log into my character in the first place" is so hard to understand? I'm guessing, as usual, it was just an automated response picked from a list of responses because they can't be bothered to have a human give a proper response. I'll try updating my ticket and ask them to move my character to sector space. :(
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having the same issue, occasionally, with one character (of 13).
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

edited April 2015
    *sigh*

Can't log into my Talaxian. Every time I try, at the character select screen, I get disconnected when the loading screen reaches 94% (Timed out connecting to gameserver).

In game I clicked the '?' on the mini map and the request help from GM button and chose the option for stuck character->can't log in/can't transfer maps. I also went to my ticket history under support in Arc right after to add more info on what is happening when trying to log in on that character. I get the message with Normal and Safe log in options at the character select screen but neither option works.

Well customer supports response:

What part of "I can't log into my character in the first place" is so hard to understand? I'm guessing, as usual, it was just an automated response picked from a list of responses because they can't be bothered to have a human give a proper response. I'll try updating my ticket and ask them to move my character to sector space. :(

Support responded surprisingly fast and said they moved my character. I was finally able to log into him. I guess I should have asked them to move him in the first place. :o

Hopefully this issue doesn't happen again. I was able to log into all of my characters but the issue could still crop up later.

So for anyone having this issue just file a support ticket and give them your character name@handle and ask them to move it to another map.

The funny thing is my Talaxian I couldn't log into was stuck at DS9. After they said they moved him the character select screen said he was in Eta Eridani sector block, which is not only a long way from DS9 but also no longer exists due to the new sector space revamp. I did load into the sector for a split second then had another loading screen and loaded in the the Danatu Sector block, where DS9 and Bajor are. I was able to transwarp to ESD and beam to the station so all seems good for the time being.
  • historynerd1historynerd1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is anyone still having this problem or have a solution? I seem to have gotten into something where I can't login with some characters. If anyone has a solution please post it. I submitted a ticket asking for my character to be moved and I'm hoping that's all it'll take.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Go and have a wee, the second act gets considerably weirder." -Tim Minchin
    edited May 2015
    Well, the support gave me an answer yesterday...although the problem seemed to have corrected itself (?)
    However, they wrote, that i should delete the live folder within the game directory and restart the game.

Btw, credit where credit is due, no question. But 9 days response time to my original ticket is very meh, although i am only a ftp player and ex-gold member.
    edited May 2015
    dixonhill wrote: »
    Well, the support gave me an answer yesterday...although the problem seemed to have corrected itself (?)
    However, they wrote, that i should delete the live folder within the game directory and restart the game.

Btw, credit where credit is due, no question. But 9 days response time to my original ticket is very meh, although i am only a ftp player and ex-gold member.

That will not work for me. All you are doing is re-installing the game. I have installed sto on to 5 different computers now. The client will always fail at the same 94-96% on one captain only if I log or get disconnected in a certain location. That location for me is New Romulus Command. Started after the april 23 patch and 3 times I have either logged out at NRC or was disconnected while there. twice I got a map move to fix the situation.

The third time is still not resolved because I keep getting canned answers. Copy and paste should be disabled on all CS/Support technician computers. The good news is I have this weekend to try out less buggy games.
  • wolve1067wolve1067 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have the same issues, since the iconian wars update.

I have 1 toon on my account that i cannot play, it just crashes me out of STO.
    This is the same on 4 different pc's within the household 1 of them being a virgin install of the game.

Support just keep asking lame questions about safe mode and driver updates without reading previous text or updates.

A friend of mine has tried using my logon in a different continent and gets the same result as me, so STO support the problem is at your end and nothing to do with our PC's.
  • simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How do you people stay in business? This problem has been on going since season 10 release and still no fix. I saw your people post in forum that the problem will be fixed in the patch you were to release but it didn't happen. I would think with so many people having trouble you would actually pay attention to this. You are lucky I am not working there in management, many would be looking for a new job.

On the lighter note for those experiencing this problem here is a work around that works for me.
    when you load the launcher put in your password like normal but do not hit the engage button.

Hit the options at the top of the launcher and then select safe mode. DO NOT HIT FULL SCREEN.

Now hit engage to log in. it will be in a windowed area and not full screen. let the entire thing load. once you are at the point you can see your toons or characters then you can hit the maximize button to full screen the game. If you full screen before this point you may crash again.

This has been working for me until these geniuses at cryptic can fix the problem.
  • startrekholyhellstartrekholyhell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm a new player, just began playing in the past week or so. I started a federation character and managed to get to 32 before I got hit with this bug and he gets stuck at 94%. Then I decided to make another character until the problem fixed itself and now my second character has also become stuck at loading. The same thing has happened with a third character.

Really? What a crock.
  • historynerd1historynerd1 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Took three days for them to 'help' me on this issue. Still no help - can't login. There was a thread in general discussion where someone said Season 10 is the worst season yet, and I posted something saying its not.

I'm thinking it is.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Go and have a wee, the second act gets considerably weirder." -Tim Minchin
    edited May 2015
    How about some acknowledgment of the problem at the very least. It is pretty infuriating when you see things like...
    Added compatibility with many badges and ranks for all factions.

...in the patch notes while many of us cannot play for what is going on several weeks now.

Are players quitting over little things like badges? I am guessing for every player posting with login problems many more just walk away.
    edited May 2015

On the lighter note for those experiencing this problem here is a work around that works for me.
    when you load the launcher put in your password like normal but do not hit the engage button.

Hit the options at the top of the launcher and then select safe mode. DO NOT HIT FULL SCREEN.

Now hit engage to log in. it will be in a windowed area and not full screen. let the entire thing load. once you are at the point you can see your toons or characters then you can hit the maximize button to full screen the game. If you full screen before this point you may crash again.

This has been working for me until these geniuses at cryptic can fix the problem.
    This is not the same problem as what I or the OP have. We can launch the game just fine. We can even load most of our captains just fine. The problem is after selecting certain captains we will crash to desktop ~90%-97% loaded. I can then only log back in after support does a map move.

I am pretty sure the fix you listed is for people that are crashing at the initial load screen, not crashing only after selecting certain captains.