test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank You Devs!

ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
Please please don't nerf the Iconians in PVE space they are perfect! A tough enemy that unless you have a clue stomp you. I am thrilled at all the "hot sh#ts" that think they are the cats meow who desert the second they get toasted by a Dred or Solar Gateway. Thank you for making something perfect right out of the box! Thank you!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I dunno if I'd go that far, but I do like the challenge the Iconians present. So yes, thank you. :)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dude. The Heralds need buffing. They're weaker than the Borg at equivalent difficulty levels.
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The ground ones yes a bit
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd say for both space and ground they are pretty balanced in terms of difficulty, and don't come off as annoying as...the Tholians or the Voth.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    :D Now these sound like fun. painful, fatal but fun
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The ground Heralds are fine. What they lack in strength they more than make up for in numbers. It makes one totally re-evaluate their strategy on the ground. The way they BAMF behind you… that’s good. Keeps you on your toes. I’d like to see the portals remain open, funnelling Iconians in until you actually blast it closed, to be honest.

As for the space STFs… again, well-balanced. Nothing is overwhelming unless you allow it to be, run in blind thinking you can scatter volley and WS Torp anything to death or are in a team comprised of those that believe in the prior. Further, Herald Sphere almost demands CC abilities, which means the School of Science can be relevant again. Granted, I’ve only played it on Advanced but I hope they don’t really change a thing.

Intelligence ships are also a very big boon as they can layer debuffs on the Dreadnaught while the hard-hitters tear open its hull.

It’s almost as if Cryptic is thinking of a team-oriented event…. almost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Please please don't nerf the Iconians in PVE space they are perfect! A tough enemy that unless you have a clue stomp you. I am thrilled at all the "hot sh#ts" that think they are the cats meow who desert the second they get toasted by a Dred or Solar Gateway. Thank you for making something perfect right out of the box! Thank you!

Do please nerf those damn solar gateway things, an automatic spawnable turret that melts 65 % of your hull in a single shot, and theres more than one of the damn things usually...

Remember, we don't all fly T6 Super Heavy Tank Cruisers with auto-insta-heal...
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • Options
    rebuilthk47rebuilthk47 Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't like the instant crazy damage the solar gateways do. Especially when you try to click target them, and you end up clicking all the ships near it instead and end up dead or near dead before finally selecting it.

I do like the challenge the new stuff presents though. My own ship's gear is still MK XII mostly ( still upgrading). Though admittedly, I encounter some of this stuff and have difficulty only when in an STF with folks that don't have a clue how to do it (because of how new it is).

I do appreciate the challenge because I have noticed how complacent I've gotten since getting good gear. Half the time I just take whatever comes at me.

I have however noticed at times where I have full shields, no gateways are around, and then I suddenly have half health, then suddenly less than 10% a second payer. Nothing visibly hit my ship. Anybody else have that happen that can tell me what is causing that?
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I say leave 'em just as they are. They're fun right now. I really enjoyed fighting the Heralds in Blood of the Ancients.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dude. The Heralds need buffing. They're weaker than the Borg at equivalent difficulty levels.

If they buffed them the new STFs would be dead like the others unless thats what you want is more dead queues no one plays due to it being to hard.

as for the iconians /heralds spot on cryptic they are a tough opponent that if you dont know what your doing will roll you in a zig zag and smoke you like a joint....and enjoy every last puff :D

Btw werent you guys supposed to revamp the queues as per to say take the optional fails from advanced versions? you have only done one azure nebula rescue.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited April 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »

really? I found them to be boring on ground and space. Hell Vaadwaur are tougher on ground by 10x