test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"you" messed my tactical consoles

nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
so many bugs with this season :mad:

i had several alts with a blue quality console : Console - Tactical - Polaron Phase Modulator Mk XII but now, they got turned in to : Console - Tactical - Polaron Phase Modulator Mk XII

they were cheap because we could not upgrade them, but was fine, it was a moderate damage place holder until i could upgrade to better one, as i had too many alts to go for elite gear on all of them at once.

i was checking my alts and started wondering how the heck i had so many green tactical consoles ... they were supposed to be blue ... then i looked how they were equipped but not bound ... the only logical conclusion ... you "fixed" the "not upgradable" consoles, by downgrading them from Blue to green, nerfing the damage from 28,1% down to 26,2% per console.

this happens in more alts than i can count and would be desirable that "fix bugs" wouldn't cause this bad secondary effects to players and hope it can be fixed again, in a better manner.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• robothitchhikerrobothitchhiker Member Posts: 277 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    While I don't agree with the tone of the OP, I believe one of my blue polaron consoles was also downgraded to a green. (Another blue and green are fine). Added a post to the master "Items lost" thread.
  • chuamishaelchuamishael Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    all my tactical console was downgraded :mad:

Im so angry the, programmer not only did not fixed the bank issue. they mess up all the tactical consoles.
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here, my tetryon tac consoles were mk xii blue, now they are mk xii green. This happened after 21/04 patch. The character affected by this problem is Evul Nan'd@NandoPC
    Please check and fix, ty!
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    After seeing this thread I decided to check my alt that was using Rare Mk XII Polaron tac consoles and sure enough, as of the Season 10 patch, 3/4 of them have been downgraded from rare to uncommon.

The only one that survived was the one that was "Bound to Character" prior to the patch.

The other 3 were never bind on equip, either to my account or character previously. However, now they have been downgraded, they are listed as "Bind to Account on Equip".
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    blue consoles that weren't bind to x were most likely bugged, and got replaced with a somewhat corresponding version (although lower rarity, might be the conversion script's fault). there's apparently only one item for each tac console now, so any of those weird versions like non-bindable items that are otherwise identical to regulars won't be there anymore.

i had one tetryon, one polaron like that, but both of them got turned into black squares instead. they were never upgradeable, maybe that's why.

had 3 blue tetryons that got turned into green too, but i don't really care since i don't use tetryons anymore, they were just leftovers.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Known Issues:

Some items are missing in a player’s Account Bank, Fleet Bank, Exchange, and Mail.
    There is a fix currently being worked on for this and no items will be permanently lost.

What about the items that have down graded them self's.

1 XIV EPIC A/F PLASMA DUAL BEAM NOW ULTRA RARE.....

Its the only one that i no down graded but havent got a clue if anything is missing because items from my bank sometime end up back on my ships & have so much stuff, rather p----d off at the mo..:(

Had items go missing about a month ago as well 2x xiv beam, 3 xiv console's. :(

My finger has been on the game uninstall button quite a few times lately.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    nazelnag wrote: »
    so many bugs with this season :mad:

i had several alts with a blue quality console : Console - Tactical - Polaron Phase Modulator Mk XII but now, they got turned in to : Console - Tactical - Polaron Phase Modulator Mk XII

they were cheap because we could not upgrade them, but was fine, it was a moderate damage place holder until i could upgrade to better one, as i had too many alts to go for elite gear on all of them at once.

i was checking my alts and started wondering how the heck i had so many green tactical consoles ... they were supposed to be blue ... then i looked how they were equipped but not bound ... the only logical conclusion ... you "fixed" the "not upgradable" consoles, by downgrading them from Blue to green, nerfing the damage from 28,1% down to 26,2% per console.

this happens in more alts than i can count and would be desirable that "fix bugs" wouldn't cause this bad secondary effects to players and hope it can be fixed again, in a better manner.

This particular console that couldn't be upgraded was always supposed to be uncommon, but due to a typo it was displaying as a blue. So, it's now what it was always supposed to be.

I get that it sucks that it lost 2% of its buff, but the console should now be upgradeabale.

I'll pass on your concerns, but I can't promise anything.
    STO QA Team
  • nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    regardless of the typo, the damage was showing as blue console damage instead of green console damage and people have invested time and resources in having multiple alts minimally set for the continus expansion of content and special episode runs that becomes hard to catch up across multiple alts.

the damage reduction of 2% across 4-5 consoles amount to 8-10% damage reduction, and they are far from end game equipment, but are helpful on secondary alts, a problem that was increased by the recent event that led us to create more alts.

re-equipping alts in a time of bigger demand would only burden an issue created by the recent event that lead to create more alts.

there's a lot of tetryon and Polaron consoles that went green on ships, inventory and exchange, when they showed as blue before.

"You" probably like to keep players occupied, but making them to re-do every thing would might stretch them to the point of rupture, something that no one benefits from.

besides, it's win win situation for players and game business :

1 - players couldn't upgrade the bugged consoles, it was just a place holder until they would get a better console (they were cheap too).
    2 - the damage bonus was moderated.
    3 - players had no expectation of upgrading them.
    4 - now, players have the possibility of spending resources / zen / dilithium / money in upgrading them.
    5 - but most players in they're right mind won't waste resources upgrading a green console, but now that they can be upgraded, they have more chances of doing it (if they were blue).

Certainly, showing some small amount of good will, in a time that there's so many unpleasant bugs upsetting players, will help soften the rising tension. :)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nazelnag wrote: »
    regardless of the typo, the damage was showing as blue console damage instead of green console damage and people have invested time and resources in having multiple alts minimally set for the continus expansion of content and special episode runs that becomes hard to catch up across multiple alts.

the damage reduction of 2% across 4-5 consoles amount to 8-10% damage reduction, and they are far from end game equipment, but are helpful on secondary alts, a problem that was increased by the recent event that led us to create more alts.

re-equipping alts in a time of bigger demand would only burden an issue created by the recent event that lead to create more alts.

there's a lot of tetryon and Polaron consoles that went green on ships, inventory and exchange, when they showed as blue before.

"You" probably like to keep players occupied, but making them to re-do every thing would might stretch them to the point of rupture, something that no one benefits from.

besides, it's win win situation for players and game business :

1 - players couldn't upgrade the bugged consoles, it was just a place holder until they would get a better console (they were cheap too).
    2 - the damage bonus was moderated.
    3 - players had no expectation of upgrading them.
    4 - now, players have the possibility of spending resources / zen / dilithium / money in upgrading them.
    5 - but most players in they're right mind won't waste resources upgrading a green console, but now that they can be upgraded, they have more chances of doing it (if they were blue).

Certainly, showing some small amount of good will, in a time that there's so many unpleasant bugs upsetting players, will help soften the rising tension. :)

At this point all you can do is take it as a loss of quality and move on. At least you didn't spend lobi on it.

I had a character I purchased the very rare (purple) Mk XII upgrades from the lobi store for the Jem'Hadar ground set and also the Jem'Hadar pistol before the upgrade system went live and the upgrades were removed from the lobi store. I found on the test server that just opening the upgrade window on the items downgraded them to rare (blue) quality. I posted a bug report about it. Guess what? When the upgrade system went live I opened the upgrade window on those items and they were downgraded to blue quality. They fixed the issue to prevent it from happening about 2 or 3 weeks after the upgrade system went live, but my items that I payed lobi to upgrade never had their quality reverted back to very rare. Eventually I upgraded the pistol to Mk XIII and it's quality increased back to purple but I have yet to bother with the Jem'Hadar ground set. :(