test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

=/\= Sector Space DOFF Regions =/\=

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
From the great Tumerboy over on reddit:
This is not clear in game (obviously), and we will work on a method to show these areas to players in game, but in the mean time, here are the regions within which you will receive different DOFF Assignments:

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

Comments

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is why we love taco.

*waves "taco iz #1" giant foam finger*
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What, no Gamma Quadrant! I am outraged! :P
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cool thing thx for linking it OP.

Despite the fact that they did an awesome job at cryptic with this I’m very disappointed they relocated the fleet dil mine as my number one Doff position for inactive toons. Where it’s now there are no Doff exchange assignments and one has to relocate ones position.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sorry, double post.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ds9fan1982ds9fan1982 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Great Post! It was like finding easter eggs. Now I can plan a new route for my doff missions.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Very helpful, thank you.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Before Season 10, I'd fly my Dil-farming KDF toons through the following route:

Quo'Nos -> Eta Eridani -> Pi Canis -> Regulus

After Season 10, I'm pretty much doing the same thing. Only, instead of plotting courses to sector block borders, i target specific systems within the sectors of those former sector blocks.
    Nothing has changed in terms of what assignments i get, which is how it should be.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • prokorprokor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i used to farm qnos>ps canis> eta eri>regulus> serius> beta> zeta>>alpha. for Dil prisoner and exchange offices doff mission, now i was just doing beta, zeta and alpha. now with the new sectors blocks i have notcied that evvery single sector block has a diferent list of doff missions.i was hoping it was going to be quadrant wide, but nowits just sector wide and the times that i have to go trought all 8 doff tabas have incresed dramatically.
  • robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same as with prokor - for me, the borders where doff missions change don't seem to be what the original post claims. Every sector seems to have separate missions, and occasionally I will actually get different missions in different regions of the same sector.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I had all the same doff missions going from Earth to Azless. Occasionally, I'd see different missions, but they'd flicker and be gone within seconds. I'm hoping that it's a bug.
  • tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    I did those maps at the very end of yesterday, and didn't have a chance to come over here and make a proper post. Sorry about that, but thanks for posting this for me Nagus!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • qunlar2020qunlar2020 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I was able to do some doffing this morning and the areas still change by the old sector-block but you need to close and reopen the doff window. It also seems that many doff missions are universal for the quadrant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I was Klingon before Klingon was cool.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    The Lootcritter also posted them along with a Marauding Map as well.

http://lootcritter.com/2015/04/22/duty-officer-assignments-or-shaka-when-the-walls-fell-now-with-maps/
  • greuceangreucean Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    swamarian wrote: »
    I had all the same doff missions going from Earth to Azless. Occasionally, I'd see different missions, but they'd flicker and be gone within seconds. I'm hoping that it's a bug.

didn't notice on KDF, but on fed some sectors assignments appear only at certain points near the borders between sectors
    case: former Deferi block assignments pop on the way from Zenas to Defera (if you stop right there where they do you can take them) just before leaving the sector with Zenas into the next sector
    at the same time, the former Orrelius block where Defera is doesn't offer specific missions with regards to Defera (diplomatic)
    the same thing all over the Beta Quadrant when passing sector borders, in certain points either after crossing or just crossing a border, assignments flicker and change into a different setup

it also seems it takes a while for the assignments to refresh once you cross the border into another sector, and this can lead to a lot of confusion, in certain sectors they seem to refresh when going deeper into the respective sector, as such when I entered Alpha Quadrant from near Sol and went all the way to Betreka keeping a straignt line parallel and close to the quadrant border NO ASSIGNMENTS APPEARED in all those sectors until I went deeper into Alpha

also, some department heads seem to offer less of a selection of assignments and more of a "ALL OF THEM" at once
    furthermore, Rolor Nebula is glitched and offers 0 assignments

devs need to work on this a bit I reckon since it will take some of us doffers the better part of the day just to find the right assignments in the wrong sectors
    it's good that we got rid of the loading screens but they also provided a nice refresh to doff assignments once you were in another map
  • prokorprokor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it si very easy to confirm, just go around the cardasia sector with you mian doff mission page open and you will see it change while you travel throught them .
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Lootcritter also posted them along with a Marauding Map as well.

http://lootcritter.com/2015/04/22/duty-officer-assignments-or-shaka-when-the-walls-fell-now-with-maps/

I think this is a easier/quicker route to follow.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The delay in updating the doff assignments is honestly a bit of a pain at high transwarp speeds, especially with the apparent increase in sector travel speed--I'm pretty sure I'm crossing through some sectors before they can even update the UI once, based on the delays I sometimes see, especially when plotting a diagonal path.

I suppose there's a certain amount of hand-waving that could be done there--speaking from an in-universe perspective, it's doubtful you'd be sending people out on off-ship assignments while traveling at transwarp 20. XD But I'd rather see it fixed.
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • mechaczmechacz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have many issues with this. Today, i was flying through Alpha quadrant, trying find some rare material(Javonite, Ketracell, etc.), but couldnt find any. Just single random Tullaberries randomly pop up, but most of time my Current map Asignments were stuck to certain pattern of missions. Then i give up and headed to Beta quadrant, but still exactly same pattern of asignments pop up.
    I did some experiments, following map from first post, and i found if I left window open, it changes. But if i close it, move to another sector block and open, it stays stuck.
    Problem is, in my opinion, in UI refresh. It need to be checked.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There is a huge bug here that basically causes the DOFF assignments to not switch whenever you cross the borders! See here. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1438331

Needs dev attention!