test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to login?

noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
Are you sure maintenance is over?

15 minutes of account server timeout errors seems to suggest that something is still not turned on.
Post edited by noctusxxx on

Comments

• originalshakkaroriginalshakkar Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    getting timeouts trying to get to character list, when it does work, it hangs up on retrieving maps and goes back to the first login screen
    I used to be Shakkar with thousands of posts. My very identity was stolen from me so now I am originalshakkar, the original.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issues, great results from maintenance as usual by Cryptic.
  • unsaneasylumunsaneasylum Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm like SO SHOCKED! I still have to spend 10 minutes force verifying in safe mode just to login after the """fix""". Even more fun when it CONSTANTLY CRASHES.
  • noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Apparently they saved all the server stability bad JuJu for today.

Is this just a few of us affected or is it widespread?

I haven't seen a login in issue like this in years.
  • x1c3c0ldxx1c3c0ldx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The servers are sh1tting themselves due to the massive login attempts.
    I guess they haven't figured out traffic mitigation.
    WqFWUHg.png
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Login2_Timeout
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • reborn010reborn010 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    also getting timeout with the login server 2, cannot get past the character selection screen which took ages to get to.... won't even let me in via safe login.............. grea... guess i'll go play world of tanks some more!!!!!!!
    edited April 2015
    It feels more like they did not get a correct restart from the downtime. One of the engineers needs to cycle the VM's again.
  • lordprotiuslordprotius Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Login server issues are getting old....
    #Aux2batman Lives!!

edited April 2015
    Im not sure its the login server. It feels more like the game server is not picking up the request from the account server to join.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fixed for me now appearently.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll let ya know in a moment.. still DLing todays patch..

Well, you would thnk we would all be used to it by now.. new season and major systems changes and all that. I know players that utterly refuse to log in for the first few after a major patch.

Ok, patched up, logged right into the game.. on a toon all ready.

It's not having to everyone..

STO seems like its always ready crash at a moments notice..

Might have had something going grabbing bandwidth on you.. When I run sto I have a voice com app up (team speak 3.. SMALL memory footprint client side.. and fairly low bandwidth usage..very stable) a brouser window open... usually to the STO web site of forums, winamp, and pulling a feed from Subspace-radio.net or one of the other STO associated net stations.

NOTHING that going to use a whole lot of CPU cycles..

Thats the only thing I can think of off the bat that might be causing issues your side that you can do something about.... If your running wireless to your computer you could have a wireless dropping on you.. or just badly positioned (lot of folks run in house wireless networks these days)

Wireless uses a FM signal.. and FM is notorious for not likeing to push a signal through solid objects.

I had a friend who liked to put his wireless modem in his homes bathroom because it was "centrally located" in his house. He had it mounted on the wall kinda of tucked in next to the toilet...His wife did not appreciate hubbys electronic clutter about the house.. And he was always having problems in about 1/2 the house.. The material that made up the toilet were killing the signal. The toilet was decrativly glazed. The glaze color happened to use metal based pigment material to get its color. It doesn't take much metal to fill an FM signal.

He had a talk with his wife.. the modem got moved up above the bathroom door, and he hasn't had a problem since.

Use yer eyes, use yer brain. You WILL figure this out.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • intrepid31intrepid31 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is stupid,

i feel like we're back dealing rabbit ear anttenas on TVs;( you stand here, you
    stand there, and you hold the coat hanger in the window. )

Oh, but just wait cause we're during maintance tomarrow between 7 and 10, whoops sorry there were problems so be extending the maintance.

Ok, maintance is done have fun and check out all the stuff we fixed and added.

Oh i would like to but there one biig issue, YOU FORGOT TO FIX THE FREAKIN LOGIN ISSUES!!!
    that everybody has been complaining about for the last couple of weeks.

Hey, Cryptic news flash if people can't login then they can't play the game.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yep..hey, you CAN use a coat hanger for a wireless entenna....I was an electronis/ew tech in the airforce way back when.. When I left tech school I also had an FCC licence.. Call the tech whatever you want.. its still radio.

Left arm up in.. ok, games coming in great don't move for at least two hours! *grin*

What ever are the causes (I'm really sure its more then any single cause..a single point of failure would have been fixed and stayed fixed by now) they're gonna fix it... whomever the hosting service is has to get on board with 'em.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds