test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Destabilizing Resonance Beam

shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
Just been testing this and, as it say's its a deflector dish system skill, should it not be affected by deflector officer duty officers? Or is the fact that it isn't WAI?
giphy.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just been testing this and, as it say's its a deflector dish system skill, should it not be affected by deflector officer duty officers? Or is the fact that it isn't WAI?

Deflector Officers have ever only reduced CD on the four listed abilities. IIRC, there are other Deflector abilities that aren't impacted by them. WAI.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Deflector Officers have ever only reduced CD on the four listed abilities. IIRC, there are other Deflector abilities that aren't impacted by them. WAI.

This BOFF power has never existed before. The other deflector BOFF powers are deflector FIELD powers. The 4 the DOFF's have always affected are deflector DISH powers.

Look:

http://www.stoacademy.com/datacore/bridgeofficerskills.php

This power is also marked as a deflector DISH power, and should be affected.
    giphy.gif
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    1) It took them years to fix the deflector doff, I'd rather they don't change it and break it again.

2) Having said #1, it would be a nice addition. Since they've gone off the deep end on CD reductions, it really wouldn't matter.
    edited April 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    1) It took them years to fix the deflector doff, I'd rather they don't change it and break it again.

2) Having said #1, it would be a nice addition. Since they've gone off the deep end on CD reductions, it really wouldn't matter.

It would be a bit mental if it and grav well could reduce the cooldown on each other, what with it doing aoe, I know.

But, you know: they wrote the description for it :-D
    giphy.gif
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It would be a bit mental if it and grav well could reduce the cooldown on each other, what with it doing aoe, I know.

But, you know: they wrote the description for it :-D

Tyken's Rift procs those DOffs, and it's an AoE.
    edited April 2015
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Tyken's Rift procs those DOffs, and it's an AoE.

Yeah, Tykens and grav well start cooldowns on each other, too. can't be used at the same time.
    giphy.gif
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Currently, the Deflector DOffs work for Gravity Well, Tachyon Beam, Energy Siphon, and Tyken's Rift. Only Gravity Well and Tyken's share CD after the last 'unlinking' on shared cooldowns. Deflector DOffs affecting both GW and DRB wouldn't be unprecedented. While I would like to see DRB being affected by Deflector DOffs, I do understand that the devs would want to be cautious about letting such a powerful power be more spammable.

Perhaps, a more suitable solution would be to reduce DRB native CD to 1 min from 1 min 30 sec.
  • gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The new power is listed along with Tachyon Beam, Energy Siphon, Tyken's Rift on the Deteriorating Secondary Deflector so perhaps the Deflector doffs also affect it.

And according to my tool tips it is not affected by the Deflector cd doffs.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, Tykens and grav well start cooldowns on each other, too. can't be used at the same time.

I can usually fire in a Tyken's Rift before the Gravity Well runs out, particularly easy to do with Deflector DOffs.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What exactly does this ability do? Can't find any info on it. :confused:
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What exactly does this ability do? Can't find any info on it. :confused:

I posted these in another thread...they were taken from Sector Space, so the damage bit's going to reflect that.
    Destabilizing Resonance Beam I: http://i.imgur.com/vCY46sB.png
    Destabilizing Resonance Beam II: http://i.imgur.com/ntW7o0l.png
    Destabilizing Resonance Beam III: http://i.imgur.com/MGzstlJ.png

Those are images of the training manuals awarded from Blood of Ancients.

Let me check the windows for the untrained abilities on a Sci BOFF from normal Space (again, though, it's going to reflect the build/etc)...

Yeah, doesn't seem to be any difference from what's shown outside of the damage. The damage is affected by Aux and Partigens.
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I posted these in another thread...they were taken from Sector Space, so the damage bit's going to reflect that.

Those are images of the training manuals awarded from Blood of Ancients.

Let me check the windows for the untrained abilities on a Sci BOFF from normal Space (again, though, it's going to reflect the build/etc)...

Yeah, doesn't seem to be any difference from what's shown outside of the damage. The damage is affected by Aux and Partigens.

My DRB3 is showing about 2k per tic in the tool tip with 5 blue mk 11 PG consoles and 6 pts in PG. With the PM trait and APA I get about 15k-20k per tic with DRB3. It's pretty strong but since it's a channeled power, it's easily disabled. Although I was able to get some easy kills in PvP with it. All one needs to do is hit me up with PSW, VM, Sensor Probe, IT, or just simply fly behind me to shut DRB off. I love it on my vesta combined with the Quantum Phaser Beam. It can drop anything fast.

IDK if it's bugged but the AoE part does persist after your target dies (most of the time).

What bugs me most about the power is it's freaking bright and a bit too flashy. It's enough that it bugs my wife if she's in the room and after a lot of use, it gives me a headache. So if you're reading, borticus, please look at the animation. It's a bit bright.
    edited April 2015
    rmy1081 wrote: »
    My DRB3 is showing about 2k per tic in the tool tip with 5 blue mk 11 PG consoles and 6 pts in PG. With the PM trait and APA I get about 15k-20k per tic with DRB3. It's pretty strong but since it's a channeled power, it's easily disabled. Although I was able to get some easy kills in PvP with it. All one needs to do is hit me up with PSW, VM, Sensor Probe, IT, or just simply fly behind me to shut DRB off. I love it on my vesta combined with the Quantum Phaser Beam. It can drop anything fast.

IDK if it's bugged but the AoE part does persist after your target dies (most of the time).

What bugs me most about the power is it's freaking bright and a bit too flashy. It's enough that it bugs my wife if she's in the room and after a lot of use, it gives me a headache. So if you're reading, borticus, please look at the animation. It's a bit bright.

People are going to start calling you Slamek. ;)

"It's too bright." :D
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Although I was able to get some easy kills in PvP with it.

Why do you want to get it nerfed? :D
    edited April 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    Why do you want to get it nerfed? :D

oh man, if people die to DRB it's their own darn fault. The Vesta beam is crazy strong, especially with the PM trait now, but you hardly ever see it in PvP because of how easy it is to get away from it. The same goes for DRB. It's like the people who still complain about getting stuck in GW or even the Push/Pull of TBR for that matter but won't run A2D or APO. (I know not every ship can run those but not every ship is good for PvP)

But yeah, darken it a bit and I'll be happy. I'm starting to run low on Tylenol.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Vesta beam is crazy strong, especially with the PM trait now,

Yah going for the double, eh :D
    edited April 2015
    Took me a wee while to come back and offer my apologies on the Slamek comment earlier...I couldn't see to type. That thing is damn bright...sheesh.
  • jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2015

With 15k Tics then it's a wonder why there is no physical damage resist for this power. Imagine if NPC's started using it....blinding us all killing us in less than 10 seconds since it's yet another 100% shield pen damaging power that buffed by part gens *sigh* Who needs a pilot ship when you can stick with that ole t5u sci ship and cream anything in your way. In fact, they should just stop making new ships since they already made the best ships.
    edited May 2015
    With 15k Tics then it's a wonder why there is no physical damage resist for this power. Imagine if NPC's started using it....blinding us all killing us in less than 10 seconds since it's yet another 100% shield pen damaging power that buffed by part gens *sigh* Who needs a pilot ship when you can stick with that ole t5u sci ship and cream anything in your way. In fact, they should just stop making new ships since they already made the best ships.

Here's my other post on it
    oh man, if people die to DRB it's their own darn fault. The Vesta beam is crazy strong, especially with the PM trait now, but you hardly ever see it in PvP because of how easy it is to get away from it. The same goes for DRB. It's like the people who still complain about getting stuck in GW or even the Push/Pull of TBR for that matter but won't run A2D or APO. (I know not every ship can run those but not every ship is good for PvP)

But yeah, darken it a bit and I'll be happy. I'm starting to run low on Tylenol.

The best way to stop it is to fly towards and behind your attacker, but one can also use any disable( even if just for a half second, any disable will stop it). Also, fed cruisers (t5u or t6) have built in physical resistance; I belive resall works, and nukara t4 defense rep trait works too. There's also A2SIF, and APD.