test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill Revamp not in Season 10? When then?

thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
It looks like the skill revamp did not make it into Season 10. Does this mean it will come in the next month or two or three? Or will it be held till Season 11 ?
Post edited by thedoctorbluebox on

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    LOL, the guy that was supposed to be doing the Skill Revamp is gone.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    10.5? I don't know, I wasn't even aware there were skills in need of revamping.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    LOL, the guy that was supposed to be doing the Skill Revamp is gone.

Gone?

So is no one going to do it now?
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Gone?

So is no one going to do it now?

Borticus has his notes. Frankly, since science stands to be the looser there, I'm happy he's sitting on the info and not implementing it.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If I might ask, who was it that left that was going to do the revamp?
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Honestly I don't see any real need to have them spend any time and resources on revamping the skill system AGAIN any time soon.

It's likely being worked on...but that sort of thing requires a lot of QA time.. the last thing you want to see happen is the fix being worse then the problem. Some of the lesser used skill area's could use some love to make them more usefull. But its not critical.. whats there currently works perfectly well for a very very clear and large majority of the folks playing STO.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    IMHO the only "skill" that needs attention is the Attract Fire.
    My Engi's are useless atm due to not getting/holding aggro...
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Somehow I don’t look forward to it so if they need to tinker around with any sort of change befor they release it they may have eternity for all I care.

Last time they did such a thing I lost a dozen of reputation powers in the name of power creep before getting more options to go for it a year later with spec trees.

Modifications to skill tree? No thanks, too much danger that my toons won’t feel like my toons after they are done with it.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    In my opinion there's nothing wrong with it. They could add a little more information about what 100 points in one skill actually does exactly. For example if I put 100 points into targeting systems how much does accuracy improve... Things like that.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Borticus has his notes. Frankly, since science stands to be the looser there, I'm happy he's sitting on the info and not implementing it.

Dont worry, before that Borticus is going to nerf the Sci R&D-Trait. As a prelude^^
  • tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It looks like the skill revamp did not make it into Season 10. Does this mean it will come in the next month or two or three? Or will it be held till Season 11 ?

Intel, Pilot, Command, Commado, New Science, Tactical, Engineering Manuals ( skills )

I think it has been revamped, ahead of schedule even, except the new original class manuals in the new lockbox.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Soon™

I'm not sure if I want it or not, it would be nice to have it balanced properly but I doubt it will happen that way so I'd suggest what we have is the lesser of two potential evils.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You are looking forward to nursery school sklill trees with no sort of specialization possible?

hint - everyone will choose the "red" damage tree. Part gens>300 forget it.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Isn't "Skill Tree Revamp" on StoWiki for ~2-4 years now ... so maybe within another 2-4 years :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.