test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, Could various Rep currencies be converted to the new Iconian Marks???

stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
I am Maxed out in everything on ship and on toon.
Theres loads of dilithium ore just sitting there looking rather obsolete, the same goes for reputation marks too. Obsolete and nothing to spend them on.
Ok I am dreaming here but its worth asking,Will cryptic at least think this over,
I have got thousands in all the rep currencies, could they all be rolled up and converted into the upcoming Iconian marks? This would give me something new to spend it on.

As for dilithium ore, I know it won't ever be converted to refined, so how about convertion to GPL???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chandlerasharichandlerashari Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Hue hue hue no."

Some cryptic dev probably.

Serious answer...no man.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Doing that would kill the new queues before they'd even get on holodeck.
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    No BZ and no mark conversion means players have to do the queues which is something they want.

Hopefully the queues are puggable. I've had Normal Borg Disconnected fail this weekend while pugging.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    It won't happen; if they did this very few players would actually play the new content which defeats the object really.

Only time this really happens is during the events, such as the Mirror Event etc.

This guys hit the nail on the head and pointed out the obvious.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On a more serious tone will the Delta Recruitment Event multiple choice mark containers contain Iconian marks as well? :o
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On a more serious tone will the Delta Recruitment Event multiple choice mark containers contain Iconian marks as well? :o

Offical Statement (Borticus) : never ever ...

... but maybe if we're lucky & it's bugged :P
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015

... but maybe if we're lucky & it's bugged :P

Would be awsome. I have saved them on 6/9 toons cuz of that sweet feeling. :rolleyes:
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There was talk of other things also rewarding the Marks outside of just the three new queues, no? So it's not quite a case of forcing folks into those three new queues. There's also going to be the 100:1 conversion every 20 hours, so if they're available outside of those queues or any queues...it's not really a case of any forcing going on - outside of having to do something instead of having done something.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    You mean to avoid playing the new content?

I suspect they don't want you to avoid playing the new content.

Checking some things, some things just appeared to have been rumors.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have a mountain of currencies and dilithium ore. I can not spend any of it, nothing to spend it on as said. However if there were new reputation items for sale, then thats different.#
    Can you see cryptic adding new items to all rep stores? personally i think not.
    So, what happens to the currencies and ore, does it just get left and abandoned????
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    stuart1965 wrote: »
    I have a mountain of currencies and dilithium ore. I can not spend any of it, nothing to spend it on as said. However if there were new reputation items for sale, then thats different.#
    Can you see cryptic adding new items to all rep stores? personally i think not.
    So, what happens to the currencies and ore, does it just get left and abandoned????

Marks can be converted to Dilithium. Dilithium can be exchanged for Zen.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Marks can be converted to Dilithium. Dilithium can be exchanged for Zen.
    Yes I know all that, but when its just 8000 refined a day, its abit difficult.
    You can not exchange dilithium ore for zen sadly
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    8,000 per character. Use 5 characters and you have 40,000.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

It's up to what, 4 free slots for Silvers now? Course, many folks are in a rush to get all the Specialization stuff done yesterday. Everything else, though, is pretty much setup in a way with the various "minute/hour" projects so folks can do that multiple character thing - queue up those R&D, Rep, DOFF things and move on to the next character if one chooses, yeah?

Those pesky Spec points, if somebody feels they need them all now - they're likely to focus on the one character.

Though, folks may simply not want to run additional characters.

It is kind of funny, imho, how folks like stuart1965 and so many others have told Cryptic that Dil Ore is too easy to get - cause they can never hope to refine what they get yet Cryptic continues to add more and more Dil Ore to the game...heh. Does come off a bit backward...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

That would be great if you can spread dilithium ore from one toon to all alt toons, then yes 40,000 refined dil. However you can not spread dil ore from one toon to alts as said.
    I am making more dilithium ore than am able to refine if you see what i mean.
    refine 8000, oh dear the ore has been topped up many times more than that.
    The mountain of ore is not shifting, its getting even bigger.
    If it were allowed to distibute dil ore to other alts, that would make things alot easier.
    Its not though.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    That would be great if you can spread dilithium ore from one toon to all alt toons, then yes 40,000 refined dil. However you can not spread dil ore from one toon to alts as said.

It's not about moving unrefined ore to multiple characters...

...it's about earning the unrefined ore on multiple characters.

Some folks realized that with the amount of unrefined they were earning on a single character, they could never hope to refine it...so they created another character. Cryptic kept adding more and more ore. So they created more characters...Cryptic added more...players added more characters...etc, etc, etc.

Works out in Cryptic's favor, as folks might actually spend more to gear those additional characters...

...while the player could just accept that they've got the surplus building there and perhaps on days they won't play as much, just treat it as something they can refine on those days.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2015
    If it were allowed to distibute dil ore to other alts, that would make things alot easier.
    Its not though.

You already know the answer to this

retire your main until the ore/marks are depleted

And play your alts or make new ones
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's not about moving unrefined ore to multiple characters...

...it's about earning the unrefined ore on multiple characters.

Some folks realized that with the amount of unrefined they were earning on a single character, they could never hope to refine it...so they created another character. Cryptic kept adding more and more ore. So they created more characters...Cryptic added more...players added more characters...etc, etc, etc.

Works out in Cryptic's favor, as folks might actually spend more to gear those additional characters...

...while the player could just accept that they've got the surplus building there and perhaps on days they won't play as much, just treat it as something they can refine on those days.

In theory yes your right, but not everyone can afford to have a main toon and alts being levelled up at the same time. I concentrated on one toon primarily, and used the others as farmers.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    In theory yes your right, but not everyone can afford to have a main toon and alts being levelled up at the same time. I concentrated on one toon primarily, and used the others as farmers.

Thing is...what cost is there to having multiple characters? Almost nothing in the game requires anything more than what drops from missions. One doesn't have to gear all their characters to do the majority of things in the game...so there really isn't an "afford" issue going to it. In the interim though, it allows folks to spend those additional resources on a primary character if they like.

Can feed Dilithium, EC, R&D Mats, etc to that primary from the others...like you said, you've got farmers there...aren't they farming Dil too?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thing is...what cost is there to having multiple characters? Almost nothing in the game requires anything more than what drops from missions. One doesn't have to gear all their characters to do the majority of things in the game...so there really isn't an "afford" issue going to it. In the interim though, it allows folks to spend those additional resources on a primary character if they like.

Can feed Dilithium, EC, R&D Mats, etc to that primary from the others...like you said, you've got farmers there...aren't they farming Dil too?

yes they do farm dil, which is then refined before being sent to my main toon.
    My main toon does all the missions etc, while the farmers do their thing.
    2 other farmers are gradually catching up on my main toon, but its slow.
    Being able to distribute dil ore from the main to them would help if only.
    Investing in one toon is easier moneywise, hence what i am doing.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tbh id like to see all rep curencies be slimed down to one universal rep currency seriously cryptic why the need for so many rep currencies when one universal rep currency would suffice.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tbh id like to see all rep curencies be slimed down to one universal rep currency seriously cryptic why the need for so many rep currencies when one universal rep currency would suffice.

At best I can see them going down to two currencies, one for the current new hotness and its metrics padding, the other for all the other old and busted reps, which when a new rep comes out the old new hotness marks get converted to old and busted marks.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    They could remove the Marks all together. Get rid of the projects. Increase the amount of Reputation one has to gain for each tier to unlock things and require players to spend months upon months of actual grinding to raise their Reputation to get the gear they want - where the gear will cost more since the Marks won't be providing the discount they do.

For example:

Instead of say a VR Mk XII MACO shield requiring...

1000 Omega Marks
    5 Borg Neural Processors
    34000 Dilithium
    40000 Energy Credits

...that it cost the following...

20000 Dilithium in lieu of 1000 Omega Marks with a 50 Omega Marks = 500 Dilitihium conversion.
    1667 Dilithium in lieu of 5 Borg Neural Processors with a 3 Borg Neural Processors = 1000 Dilithium conversion.
    34000 Dilithium.
    40000 Energy Credits.

So 55667 Dilithium.

Course, that's the sell price of the Marks/E-Marks and wouldn't be the buy price...so it would likely result in a less favorable conversion going the other way (kind of like going to a pawn shop, they buy stuff from folks at a low price and sell it for a high price).

So who knows, eh? So maybe 75k or more Dil for a item instead of having the discount from Marks/E-Marks.

But yeah, that would be more akin to a standard Reputation type thing one might find in other games...taking far longer, requiring far more effort, and being far more expensive once you got there.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Absolutely right. I agree there.
  • Options
    rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    It won't happen; if they did this very few players would actually play the new content which defeats the object really.

We already saw that with the Rep system being the ONLY way to get the KHG/Omega/MACO/Borg space sets.
    To get these sets now, I doubt you have to queue up a Borg space STF at all.

We need to bring this feature back.
    At least the Mk X or XI versions of these sets.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rezking wrote: »
    We already saw that with the Rep system being the ONLY way to get the KHG/Omega/MACO/Borg space sets.
    To get these sets now, I doubt you have to queue up a space STF at all.

We need to bring this feature back.
    At least the Mk X or XI versions of these sets.

You don't have to queue up any STFs to get the Marks/E-Marks...but you still have to do related content.

Still trying to find out if there's a non-queue way to get Iconian Marks, cause if there is - then there's the 100:1;20 hour way to get the Iconian E-Marks as well...

...but it would still likely be related content.

Course, Cryptic kind of pooped all over much of that with the Choice of Marks thing.