test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Starship particle generator"?

officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
In the Romulan/Reman ship set, it's two piece bonus is listed as "+17.5 Starship Particle Generator
Enchances your High Yield Plasma torpedos Increased Flight Speed Increased Defense".

Starship particle generator is a ship skill that you can choose to strengthen, but it lists a slew of ship magic spells you can cast (science powers) that it benefits but I don't think it mentions high yield toro speed/defense. Is this the same thing? If I set this skill high will it help my high yield torps?

If not, what if anything can I do to achieve that high yield torp speed/defense bonus such as that?

Thank you
Post edited by officerbatman81 on

Comments

• Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The torpedo bonus is seperate from the PartGens bonus, that's all. The set bonus does two things rather than one thing that does both, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To address your questions: one, the SPG skill does not affect torpedoes (possible exception: the radiation damage from the Hargh'peng torpedo); and two, the particle generator boost and the HYPT upgrades that come from the set bonus mentioned are two distinct benefits - so aside from equipping any two set pieces you need do nothing else to get those torpedo benefits.
  • Options
    officerbatman81officerbatman81 Member Posts: 2,761 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Let me rephrase....

Is it possible by any other means to achieve a boost to high yield torp's speed and defense than getting the romulan set?

Thank you
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Let me rephrase....

Is it possible by any other means to achieve a boost to high yield torp's speed and defense than getting the romulan set?

Thank you

That would be a negative. There's a DOFF for increasing Tricobalt Device speed...but for increasing the speed/defense of HY Plasma Torps, it's going to be the 2pc bonus from the Rom sets.