test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

R&D Level 20

lobstercatlobstercat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
OK I have reached Level 20 in some of the R&D. What is so special about Level 20? I don't see anything other than my R&D skills points are 200.

It seems a lot of wasted effort for nothing :(. may have well left them at level 15.

Is there something that I am missing?
Post edited by lobstercat on

Comments

• Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nope. Currently there is no benefit to leveling a school up to 20. However, maybe in the future they will introduce new items/crafting options that DO require higher levels.

But that's not a given. At the moment, leveling to 15 gets you all you need.
  • Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crafting lvl 2 stuff can maybe hit UR..

I know i done it with beams/cannons etc.
  • Options
    roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did you get accolades at level 20? For some of us that would be a reason to reach 20.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The increased skill can lead to riches.
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lobstercat wrote: »
    OK I have reached Level 20 in some of the R&D. What is so special about Level 20? I don't see anything other than my R&D skills points are 200.

It seems a lot of wasted effort for nothing :(. may have well left them at level 15.

Is there something that I am missing?

More crafting skill means it's easier to get Ultra-rare special projects like omni-beams, I think level 20 gives about 25% chance to get ultra-rare special projects.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,549 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's CrtH ^5 for your crafting.
  • Options
    lobstercatlobstercat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For the amount of points and time to get to level 20 its such an Anticlimax. :confused:
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Level 20 - I think it's 33% or 36% to craft an UR level 15 item. 30% on criting components and 99% chance of criting superior upgrades (Assume VR doff). Also, you get an accolade.

Note: Lol, I just noticed how the devs were careful NOT creating UR doffs that you could use crafting, otherwise, prices would come down even more.
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Does getting to level 20 give a title?
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2015
    starkaos wrote: »
    Does getting to level 20 give a title?

Title: Sucker for STO grinds - You stuck out logging in almost daily and you finally got here. Now try making some EC off upgrades even if the profit margins are slim.

I'm a sucker also, have 1 school at level 20 and every other one about a week away (Mult toons). I made a lot of EC back in October. Now, it's a pain in the TRIBBLE and you're better off buying off the Exchange.