test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jadzia Dax should have been made a Captain.

omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
Instead of killing off Jadzia, they should have given her own command, her own ship.

Think about it, she has experience, both as a starfleet officer, and over 300 years coming from Dax, Jadzia had countless science degrees, was an expert and skilled pilot, skilled hand to hand combat, phasers.

She also had experience, she was the CAPTAIN OF THE DEFIANT for months on end, including both combat operations, laying a minefield under pressure, also she was in command on various shuttle missions.

She had all kinds of medals, scientific achievements and crazy awesome exiperences, acts of heroism, and I could continue, why wasn't she made captain instead of dying?

I actually toyed with the idea that if they'd kept Jadzia, they could have made her Captain of Voyager instead of Janeway. Imagine how different a series Voyager would have been with Jadzia as Captain Voyager! Not that I didn't love Janeway at times and I certainly adore Orange is the New Black, but that would have made things really interesting, once you figure out how to get past the fact that Jadzia would never had gotten Voyager stranded in the Delta Quadrant in the way Janeway did.

Really I blame Worf, Terry had wanted a reoccurring role, but lets be honest, Worf was terthered to her via the marriage Worf would never divorce her, so the choice was get rid of Worf as permanent character, or kill Jadzia breaking the link.

I liked her better with Lenora or Quark.

They could also made her captain of a Promethous class ship as shown in Voyager.

and that doesn't mean no Ezri, she could have ended up with Kahn symbiant, maybe Lenora gets killed, and Ezri inherits the Kahn Symbiant instead of Dax. So you have Ezri Kahn, everybody wins, we get to find out more about who Kahn is and the relationship between Jadzia and Ezri would be complex and interesting relationship, with plenty of tension and drama.
Post edited by omegaphallic on

Comments

• sillett131#8260 sillett131 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm sorry but what does this have to do with Star Trek Online?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am certain there are hundreds of couples in Starfleet who serve on separate vessels. So having her go somewhere else would not have been a big deal. But killing Jadzia added drama in a way that having her comeback and visit every so often would not.

And I am not sure what any of this has to do with STO. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • onehalfklingononehalfklingon Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What are you talking about? Terry Farrell quit to do Becker with Ted Danson.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Instead of killing off Jadzia, they should have given her own command, her own ship.

Think about it, she has experience, both as a starfleet officer, and over 300 years coming from Dax, Jadzia had countless science degrees, was an expert and skilled pilot, skilled hand to hand combat, phasers.

She also had experience, she was the CAPTAIN OF THE DEFIANT for months on end, including both combat operations, laying a minefield under pressure, also she was in command on various shuttle missions.

She had all kinds of medals, scientific achievements and crazy awesome exiperences, acts of heroism, and I could continue, why wasn't she made captain instead of dying?

I actually toyed with the idea that if they'd kept Jadzia, they could have made her Captain of Voyager instead of Janeway. Imagine how different a series Voyager would have been with Jadzia as Captain Voyager! Not that I didn't love Janeway at times and I certainly adore Orange is the New Black, but that would have made things really interesting, once you figure out how to get past the fact that Jadzia would never had gotten Voyager stranded in the Delta Quadrant in the way Janeway did.

Really I blame Worf, Terry had wanted a reoccurring role, but lets be honest, Worf was terthered to her via the marriage Worf would never divorce her, so the choice was get rid of Worf as permanent character, or kill Jadzia breaking the link.

I liked her better with Lenora or Quark.

They could also made her captain of a Promethous class ship as shown in Voyager.

and that doesn't mean no Ezri, she could have ended up with Kahn symbiant, maybe Lenora gets killed, and Ezri inherits the Kahn Symbiant instead of Dax. So you have Ezri Kahn, everybody wins, we get to find out more about who Kahn is and the relationship between Jadzia and Ezri would be complex and interesting relationship, with plenty of tension and drama.

It's still possible, Jadzia Kobali dax
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I always assumed she chose to leave the show. That they chose to kill the character off suggests that one or more parties were insistent the actress would never return to the show.

I can't recall the name of the episode, but there was one where the mic accidentally caught her reprimanding Brooks in hushed tones. Seems like he was a little to "hands on."
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    DS9 had no shorter of drama and they're were all kinds of possible drama in my suggestion, they didn't need to kill her.

I've seen no evidence that Brooks mistreated Terry in anyway, I've watch DS9 countless times, and I've never seen what your refering to. Without evidence this rumour is a vile and possibly racist slander of a talented actor.

And it turns out she didn't read for Becker till after she was killed off, the truth was the brutal hours and stuff were getting to her, so she wanted a reoccuring role instead of a full time one. It was only after that she read for Becker and got the part.

Terry was great as Jadzia Dax (best star trek character and best Captain, no offence to Sisko and Picard intended, even if it was only for months), she was the best thing to happen to the becker serious, and unlike many people Hellraiser 3 in which is starred was one of my favourites).

I should have been a writer and/or exective producer for the show.

STO could bring her back! This is star trek, your only dead till an anomily, time travel, transporter accidents, alternate dimesions, Godlike Aliens,and who knows what else decides to reverse it!

I mean we have Dinosaurs with freaking laser beams, Star Ship Troopers and Star Gate inspired material, and the Klingon Hell come to life and in war against the Empire in this game, not to mention a pool tables worth of Dyson Spheres, why couldn't we have Jadzia Dax reborn! Mawhahaha!
    edited April 2015
    I know STO could have her as a Captain of a Wells class ship, they do what they did with Seven of Nine, beam out a copy of her, before she died and make her a Captain of a Wells ship, but leave a copy of Jadzia to die as well so that the Time Line will not be contaminated.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've seen no evidence that Brooks mistreated Terry in anyway, I've watch DS9 countless times, and I've never seen what your refering to.
    If I ever come across the episode again, I'll be sure to note its title.
    Without evidence this rumour is a vile and possibly racist slander of a talented actor.
    That's a totally unjustified attack on me.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
    edited April 2015
    You smeared Brooks without evidence, in the worst way possible, what do you expect?
    edited April 2015
    Anyways this thread wasn't supposed to be about this hypothetical action, its about how awesome Jadzia was and how she should have been made a Captain instead of killed.
  • rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...Shouldn't this be in Ten Forward?
    76561198032353876.png
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wouldn't be surprised if outside of special circumstances ranks are somewhat age gated and a jump from Lt to commanding officer is (to my knowledge) unprecedented. I would suggest the decision had two motives, one in terms of backstory; imagine the scandal that would go with such a promotion, to resolve that properly would be a series in itself. The other is from a real life point of view, she was leaving to do something else, I would imagine such a plotline would take too long to film and it would render her unavailable for the other contract.

On a side note, it allowed them to take the show in a different direction, bringing Ezri in allowed them to bring the show closer to it's origins and the new character was a refreshing change in the feel of the show.
    ZiOfChe.png?1